• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. playoutside

Stray Cat Saga

Sad about the second Kitty, but so much better than her being left to suffer out in the wild. Thank you for helping both kitties!
  2. playoutside

Stray Cat Saga

They are beautiful. Thanks for helping the strays! They look like they are part Maine Coon. I took in a stray Maine Coon 3 years ago and he is the most amazing, loving cat I have ever known. Maine Coon's have the most gentle, yet playful personalities. Before deciding, you want to know what...
  3. playoutside

How many ski areas have you visited this season?

Only 19 days this season, but plenty of variety. Added a state - CT and 5 new mountains to my lifetime list -- I'm at 80 on my quest to get to 100! Middlebury Pico Saddleback Mohawk - new Sundown - new Mountain Creek Stowe Shawnee Gunstock Burke Sutton - new Bromont - new Sunapee Ragged Magic...
  4. playoutside

How soon after a hysterectomy did you snow ski?

Great that they were able to do laproscopic. Hopefully that makes for an easier recovery for you. I'm jealous of your sabbatical. Hopefully you have a speedy recovery so you can really enjoy your break from working!
  5. playoutside

How soon after a hysterectomy did you snow ski?

I had my hysterectomy surgery early sept 2007 ...6.5 lbs of fibroids removed...one the size of a grapefruit and others oranges and lemons. My incision had to be vertical to get at fibroids that were as high as my diaphragm. I felt pretty great within weeks (stayed out of work for the 8 weeks...
  6. playoutside

How many new ski areas did you ski this season?

7 new ones Wildcat, Bretton Woods, Jiminy Peak, Butternut, Gore, West, Catamount
  7. playoutside

Ski area count.

Time for another update. Still working on getting to 100; I'm up to 75, added 7 new this weird season. New ones in bold. NJ: Craigmeur, Mountain Creek, Hidden Valley NY: Belleayre, Mt Peter, Gore, West NY/MA: Catamount PA: Shawnee RI: Yawgoo MA: Wachusett, Blue Hills, Nashoba, Butternut, Jiminy...
  8. playoutside

Coyotes on my Trail!!!!

So sad about your dog and the kangaroo. Makes me look at them a bit differently. Like many places coyotes are getting a lot of attention in the Boston suburbs. Everyday on my walk I see a new sign about a missing cat...some are surely lost to predators. I've attached a link to some beautiful...
  9. playoutside

Volkl 2013 skis

I love my 2010 Tierras BUT I would love them even more with graphics like these! My year the skis were just plain dull looking and maybe even ugly!
  10. playoutside

Marmot on Ruelala today

Marmot is there today. Looks like most stuff is 40-50% off https://www.ruelala.com/invite/playoutside
  11. playoutside

anyone familiar with Pico?

I really like Pico. I like Okemo too. They are quite different in some ways. Okemo puts a lot more money into blowing snow and grooming, so is more predictable for conditions...and crowds on weekends. I find it tough to enjoy Okemo on a weekend, even though I know how to avoid the worst of...
  12. playoutside

Ski Rack Blonde Moment

6 - usually means it's good for 6 pairs BUT that assumes when you pair your skis up that the binding facing the roof of the car doesn't touch. This depends a lot on your roof rack and your binding. I have a Yakima 6 and have a standard roof rack on my SUV, so most skis fit. Some bindings...
  13. playoutside

FINALLY a powder day in Vermont!

Thanks for the update!! It rained very hard in Boston all day today and I was worried the mountains were being victimized by this too. What a relief for the ski areas and all of us crazy skiers/boarders!! Yippee!!
  14. playoutside

Rossignol clothing on Ruelala today

More ski stuff on Ruelala. Mens and womens pants and jackets at least 50% off. https://www.ruelala.com/invite/playoutside
  15. playoutside

Oakley on Ruelala today

Mens and womens clothing and sunglasses are on sale at Ruelala...most about 50% off. Ruelala is group buying site like Groupon. I've had good luck with them. https://www.ruelala.com/invite/playoutside
  16. playoutside

BANISHED or, Why I am posting so much

A couple years ago when they did the winter classic in Boston, they also played some college hockey a week later. That was real winter weather; spent 6 hrs watching games. The warmest it ever got was 10...it also snowed! We wore ski clothes and were ok. Some fools came in business clothes...
  17. playoutside

Orage on Ruelala

Oh good. I agree knowing about these sites is a mixed blessing! There were some very cute pants they were showing!
  18. playoutside

Orage on Ruelala

Lots of cute Orage jackets, pants and other gear on Ruelala today. Ruelala is a site like groupon but for stuff. I've found them to be quite reliable. https://www.ruelala.com/invite/playoutside
  19. playoutside

What ski resorts are these?

First one trails look like Bromley to me, but the base looks a bit wrong
  20. playoutside

Ski area count.

Time for an update. Still working on getting to 100; I'm up to 68. New ones in bold. Next year I plan to add some from the Adirondacks NJ: Craigmeur, Mountain Creek, Hidden Valley NY: Belleayre, Mt Peter PA: Shawnee RI: Yawgoo MA: Wachusett, Blue Hills, Nashoba VT: Mt Snow, Bolton Valley...