• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

anyone familiar with Pico?

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm going to be up in the area in early Feb, and I'm trying to decide between Okemp and Pico. We'll be up on a Sunday morning. I've been told that Killington gets crowded like crazy on the weekends, so I was thinking instead of Pico (to try something new, since I've skied Okemo).

How good is their grooming crew? How do their blues rate in terms of difficulty compared to Okemo's blues (for example, Sapphire)? Are the trails mostly pretty tight and narrow like MRG or Berkshire East? Or are they a little wider, allow for nice sweeping turns?

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I really like Pico. I like Okemo too. They are quite different in some ways.

Okemo puts a lot more money into blowing snow and grooming, so is more predictable for conditions...and crowds on weekends. I find it tough to enjoy Okemo on a weekend, even though I know how to avoid the worst of the crowding.

Pico has more of an old school feeling of skiing with narrower trails. To me it has retained some of the charm I remember from when I learned to ski. They haven't widened slopes as much as many other areas. Okemo has wide slope that are great for cruising.

Pico also has just one base area (versus 2 at Okemo). The lodge is old but I like it. If you want a resort feel to things, I'd say go to Okemo and start at Jackson Gore lodge.

Pico is quite a bit cheaper than Okemo on a weekend too. I'm headed to Pico this Saturday!

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks! That's actually very helpful. If conditions are good (i.e., packed powder or some variant) I'll go for Pico. If they're marginal, I'll do Okemo.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga