• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

How many new ski areas did you ski this season?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not too motivated to "try" new resorts thesse days. I've been to quite a few and many of those not long enough to "get to know" yet. So I'm a lot more interested in going back to the long list of places I want to explore more thoroughly than to trying more new ones for size.

At this point, I'm similarly situated... I think the only big ones in the US that I haven't hit but should probably get to in this lifetime are Jackson Hole, Mammoth, and Sun Valley.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bear Creek (PA) and Whiteface. Well, and Hunter if you count the one whole run we did there on our first day of the season. :tongue: But given that one run didn't really give me a feel for the mountain, I'm not gonna count Hunter.

MissySki

Angel Diva
My only new one was Whiteface. I meant to try a few others, but it just didn't happen because it never really felt like the season got going!

Sarah_82

Certified Ski Diva
Two - Steamboat and Wolf Creek.
I went to Steamboat in early December, when there was a really good group deal on lodging and lift tickets that weekend. Unfortunately the snow was thin and icy, and a lot of terrain wasn't open yet. I think I'd love it in better conditions, and hope to go back sometime.

Last month I went to Wolf Creek for a couple days, since they were going to get a big dump, while the places I usually ski were barely going to get anything, as has been the case for most of the season. The first day was icy, but the base is as deep as I remember from last year in Summit County, no worries about hitting rocks or anything, which was nice.

abc

Banned
I think the only big ones in the US that I haven't hit but should probably get to in this lifetime are Jackson Hole, Mammoth, and Sun Valley.
I haven't been to Sun Valley but for some reason it's not on my to-do list.

Of the only US resort I want to but haven't got to yet is Big Sky.

[EDIT -- oh wait, there's also Steamboat I want to but haven't managed to hit yet ]

Christy

Angel Diva
I'm finding I'm less interested in putting my skis on a plane and flying off to some famous resort in CO or UT than I am in checking out the less well known areas in my region. It's probably because so many times when I've planned far in advance and flown to ski conditions were not good; I think the next few years will be about (relatively) last minute long weekend trips to areas around BC, OR, WA and ID.

skimamma

Certified Ski Diva
Great thread!!

New resorts skied this year
In Oregon--Timberline, Ski Bowl, Mt Hood Meadows, Mt Bachelor
In WA--White Pass

I noticed a couple others skied Mt Bachelor & White Pass....what did you think?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I noticed a couple others skied Mt Bachelor & White Pass....what did you think?

Nothing there is scary steep, but on a bluebird day, it's gorgeous. And typical of the Cascades, the trees are tight! Plus, it's not crowded, and has a nice vibe. I was visiting friends when I went. If I were local, I'd love to have something like Bachelor, but if it weren't for my friends, I'm not sure I would have selected it as a destination. :smile:

What did you think?

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Heavenly, Kirkwood, Squaw, Whiteface. (And, very important, got to ski with lots of great Divas at the latter!)

Magnatude

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Four this year. Snowbasin, Brighton (for an hour and a half!), Solitude, and Alta. Very much want to go back in a better snow year, and try Powder Mountain (no snowmaking not so great in a bad season) and Snowbird too.

beckylh84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just made it to Kicking Horse this year. Heading back again next year since I hardly scratched the surface there. So much to explore and conquer!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I added Winter Park and Sol Vista Basin to my list.

ride_ski

Angel Diva
Just one- Whiteface (Diva East). I was hoping to be able to try a few more local Vt areas (Middlebury snow bowl which we drove by on the way back from Diva East, and I hate to say it- the conditions looked much more pleasant, and MRG) that have been on my list, but never managed to get there. Good thing there's next year.

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just the one-A delightful morning in the week before Christmas in St Foy (near Val D'Isere), tiny resort, fresh powder...bliss! Oh yes, just remembered-3 days cat skiing at Powder Mountain near Whistler.

How long it seems since I last put on my skis-just 4 weeks and am already counting the days to the first opportunities next season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga