• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Clinics

marzNC

Angel Diva
I would DIE to ski w/Deb Armstrong. I did one of the women's clinics at Steamboat 2 years ago and it was the one clinic she wasn't doing! It was a fabulous 3-day clinic, however. I highly recommend it if they are running it this year.
Deb Armstrong seems to be only partnering with Taos for 2021-22. The clinics listed on her Ski Strong (TM) website are the ones at Taos. Two are in early season and two in February. The sign up link goes to a TSV webpage. Max is 7 people per clinic, 2.5 days coaching with Deb. Clinic starts Thu afternoon, with lessons on Fri, Sat, Sun morning. I think that matches up with Taos Air schedules fairly well.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 11.16.34 AM.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sooo, anyone with plans to do the clinic in Snowbird? DH just committed to a conference there Jan 10-14 (possibly shorter depending on when his talk slot is) and conveniently the conference rates start Jan 6. Looks like I'll be doing the clinic!

Scribble

Angel Diva
Sooo, anyone with plans to do the clinic in Snowbird? DH just committed to a conference there Jan 10-14 (possibly shorter depending on when his talk slot is) and conveniently the conference rates start Jan 6. Looks like I'll be doing the clinic!
I'm interested to hear how it goes. This one sounds right up my alley and I might try to attend next year!

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Deb Armstrong seems to be only partnering with Taos for 2021-22. The clinics listed on her Ski Strong (TM) website are the ones at Taos. Two are in early season and two in February. The sign up link goes to a TSV webpage. Max is 7 people per clinic, 2.5 days coaching with Deb. Clinic starts Thu afternoon, with lessons on Fri, Sat, Sun morning. I think that matches up with Taos Air schedules fairly well.

View attachment 16848
Thanx @marzNC . I'll have to plan it for next season. This year I'm committed to two trips to Steamboat.

FayGoneAstray

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Signed up for women's clinic at WB in early/mid Dec - I'm a bit nervous. Not sure why... Will be my first ski of the season and on new skis. I think I now have a strange worry I won't remember how to ski. Group lessons on my own can feel a bit daunting. Hoping doing this clinic early in the season so I can work on improving and start things out right.
I plan on bringing my old skis too just in case... but I really want to try my new skis.

Jilly

Staff member
You'll be fine. My first day is going to be the CSIA pro day camp. Just think you'll come out with bad habits mostly fixed!!

newbieM

Angel Diva
I love this thread. I wish I could do that snowbird womens clinic but I don’t think I can get away and get the kiddos covered during the week while I’m gone. But I’m definitely going to just plan it for next year because it sounds amazing.

Matro

Angel Diva
Thanks for posting, I'm thinking about the January WAA @ Okemo, I have an Epic pass this season.
ooh! I am in search of a women's camp in New Hampshire or VT this winter to prep for Snowbird Camp in March!! Maybe I will see if there are still openings at Okemo. Any other recommended NH or VT ski camps this winter? Any one who has been to the Women's Sat AM clinics at Cannon?

newboots

Angel Diva
I would be surprised if Okemo had openings, but check right away! And check the websites for the smaller mountains. Sometimes, they have really inexpensive workshops or lessons.

Matro

Angel Diva
Thanks New boots!! They do have some openings...I guess that I had better sign up asap!! BTW: Do you know where the link to Diva East sign up is?

newboots

Angel Diva
You will be able to see the link for Diva East as soon as you’ve posted 25 posts here. I think the idea is we want to know folks a bit before giving out trip information; it’s not fully public.

So that explains why it was hard to find. :wave:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some of the smaller hill that have multi-week clinics have an option for a one day "trial" session. Those are usually just a two hour lesson though.

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just received an email from Killington about camps run by Donna Weinbrecht that are being offered this season.

Take a look. I don't think Donna brings her own instructors to these camps. The year I went she used ski instructors who work at Killington, and she floated from group to group. I cannot testify to how much direction she gives these instructors, but the ski school director at Killington chooses the instructors for their demonstrated expertise, and she may use the same people year to year.

Donna is an Olympic Gold Medal winner and knows her stuff.

A Women’s weekend featuring female coaches alongside myself [Donna Weinbrecht] in a fun-
filled, supportive learning environment-
1st. Women’s Camp Jan. 29-30
2nd. Women’s Camp Feb. 26-27

And for bumpers -
MEN AND WOMEN’S MOGUL CAMP- Mar. 5-6

BIO:
Donna Weinbrecht grew up in New Jersey where she co-founded her high school ski team, but it was at Killington where the Jersey Girl with the signature blonde ponytail learned to handle moguls. This pioneer of mogul skiing would go on to climb historic heights that many believe will never be equaled. In addition to winning the first Olympic Gold awarded for mogul skiing at the 1992 Albertville Games, Donna has won every major accolade in her sport.

• Five-time FIS World Cup Title Winner
  • 46 individual World Cup mogul event wins
  • Seven U.S. National Championship Titles
  • Three-time Olympian - 1992 Albertville, France; 1994 Lillehammer, Norway; and 1998 Nagano, Japan
  • Gold medalist at the 1991 World Championships in Lake Placid, N.Y.
  • Two silver medals at the ’89 and ’97 World Championships
  • 14-year member of U.S. Ski Team
  • U.S. National Ski Hall of Fame (2004) and Vermont Ski Hall of Fame (2007) inductee

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just received an email from Killington about camps run by Donna Weinbrecht that are being offered this season.

Take a look. I don't think Donna brings her own instructors to these camps. The year I went she used ski instructors who work at Killington, and she floated from group to group. I cannot testify to how much direction she gives these instructors, but the ski school director at Killington chooses the instructors for their demonstrated expertise, and she may use the same people year to year.

Donna is an Olympic Gold Medal winner and knows her stuff.

A Women’s weekend featuring female coaches alongside myself [Donna Weinbrecht] in a fun-
filled, supportive learning environment-
1st. Women’s Camp Jan. 29-30
2nd. Women’s Camp Feb. 26-27

And for bumpers -
MEN AND WOMEN’S MOGUL CAMP- Mar. 5-6

BIO:
Donna Weinbrecht grew up in New Jersey where she co-founded her high school ski team, but it was at Killington where the Jersey Girl with the signature blonde ponytail learned to handle moguls. This pioneer of mogul skiing would go on to climb historic heights that many believe will never be equaled. In addition to winning the first Olympic Gold awarded for mogul skiing at the 1992 Albertville Games, Donna has won every major accolade in her sport.

• Five-time FIS World Cup Title Winner
  • 46 individual World Cup mogul event wins
  • Seven U.S. National Championship Titles
  • Three-time Olympian - 1992 Albertville, France; 1994 Lillehammer, Norway; and 1998 Nagano, Japan
  • Gold medalist at the 1991 World Championships in Lake Placid, N.Y.
  • Two silver medals at the ’89 and ’97 World Championships
  • 14-year member of U.S. Ski Team
  • U.S. National Ski Hall of Fame (2004) and Vermont Ski Hall of Fame (2007) inductee

I reviewed Donna's camp for my blog back in 2014. You can find it here. I don't think it's changed since then -- and yes, it uses Killington's instructors. Donna floats from group to group. I know @ride_ski has taken it a few times. If anyone has any questions, I'm sure she'd be happy to help.

BTW, @Matro, I took the women's ski camp at Sugarbush a few years ago and liked it quite a bit. You can find my review for that here.

Last edited:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
ooh! I am in search of a women's camp in New Hampshire or VT this winter to prep for Snowbird Camp in March!! Maybe I will see if there are still openings at Okemo. Any other recommended NH or VT ski camps this winter? Any one who has been to the Women's Sat AM clinics at Cannon?

so… @santacruz skier asked if I buy any presents for myself for Christmas in the jacket slut thread — I just bought myself my big gift, the full day women’s alpine clinics at Mad River Glen! See here:

I’ll be there for the January and February sessions.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna