• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Women's Clinics

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ski Strong (TM) is $2200 for about 3 days at Taos. That's for up to 7 people, taught by Deb Armstrong for 2.5 days. In comparison a Private Ski Week (6 2-hour lessons on consecutive days) for up to 5 people is $1450. Ski Strong is Deb's "brand" and she is partnering with Taos for where she is doing clinics.

Based on the SkiStrong and Taos websites, the early Jan clinic was cancelled. The two in Feb look like they are sold out. At least there is no longer a link to sign up.

echo_VT

Angel Diva

Looking for any recent thoughts on the camp with Donna Weinbrecht at Killington? I probably can’t make it, but a colleague might take her clinic. I see there was a 2014 review thanks for the link! But anything more recent? It’s hard to believe we’re 9 years removed in 2023 now!

Matro

Angel Diva

Looking for any recent thoughts on the camp with Donna Weinbrecht at Killington? I probably can’t make it, but a colleague might take her clinic. I see there was a 2014 review thanks for the link! But anything more recent? It’s hard to believe we’re 9 years removed in 2023 now!
I don’t know a thing about it, but I am going in February. I like camp!!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Seeking advice… Anyone have any recommendations for women’s clinics that accomodate skiers AND snowboarders other than WB? Friend and I want to do a women’s clinic week next year but *gasp* she is a snowboarder (and way better than me, anyway, so we wouldn’t be in the same group, ever).

Current bet seems to be WB, but wanted to ask this expert crew.

Mary Brosnan

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Seeking advice… Anyone have any recommendations for women’s clinics that accomodate skiers AND snowboarders other than WB? Friend and I want to do a women’s clinic week next year but *gasp* she is a snowboarder (and way better than me, anyway, so we wouldn’t be in the same group, ever).

Current bet seems to be WB, but wanted to ask this expert crew.
https://www.jacksonhole.com/womens-week-ski-snowboard

I don’t know anything about this particular camp but I’ve done their women’s only ski camp a couple of times and really enjoyed it.

Jilly

Staff member
I'm trying to remember, aka before Covid, there was a weekend camp at Tremblant. I'm thinking Oakley ran it because I remember something about designing your own goggle.

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
Based on the SkiStrong and Taos websites, the early Jan clinic was cancelled. The two in Feb look like they are sold out. At least there is no longer a link to sign up.
I thought there was a women's ski clinic at Taos that was something like $300? And it was for gals 16 and up. I was thinking of signing my granddaughter and me up for it next year but I was hoping to get the dates sometime in the summer before I signed up for other trips with my ski club. If it's $2200, then that will be impossible to afford for the two of us. Anyone know about the women's ski clinic?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
They won't have next year's dates up until next fall, if history is anything to go by. The price is closer to $400 now with taxes included, but still a very good deal for 6 mornings of lessons. This year's Women's Week is at the end of this month, and coincides with Diva West.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I thought there was a women's ski clinic at Taos that was something like $300? And it was for gals 16 and up. I was thinking of signing my granddaughter and me up for it next year but I was hoping to get the dates sometime in the summer before I signed up for other trips with my ski club. If it's $2200, then that will be impossible to afford for the two of us. Anyone know about the women's ski clinic?
The Women's Ski Week run by the Taos Ski Valley ski school is completely different from the SkiStrong 3-day clinic offered by Deb Armstrong.

If you are willing to chance having a male instructor and a co-ed class, the regular Taos Ski Weeks are run every week of the season. A friend who was at TSV for the first time last week was pretty happy being in an intermediate class that ended up four women.

Taos Ski Weeks are a bit unusual in that advanced registration is encouraged but not required. It can be possible to sign up the day a Ski Week starts.

For general information about Taos Ski Weeks:

Ski clubs that plan trips to Taos typically include a Ski Week at a discounted rate. I know of ski clubs that have had an annual Taos trip for years. They usually have condo rooms at the Snakedance, which is right at the base of Lift 1.

IKam

Certified Ski Diva
So, maybe I can loosely plan on the end of Feb. for our ski week. BTW, tell me more about Diva West. Is it always at Taos?

Jilly

Staff member
We have 2 trips each year. Diva East and Diva West. You need to get to 25 posts to be able to see that section of the forum, where the info is. Diva's Only Darling...Meet on the Hill.

So get posting so you can be part of next years trips.

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just finished the Donna Weinbrecht Clinic in Killington this past weekend. It was awesome, lots of individualized feedback and instruction. Donna took the time to give us each little “homework” things to keep working on, and was so down to earth! It’s the best thing I’ve done for my skiing. Some things really came together. Everyone I met was so awesome, I really hope to attend again.

@Matro were you there?

HeatherPR

Certified Ski Diva
We have 2 trips each year. Diva East and Diva West. You need to get to 25 posts to be able to see that section of the forum, where the info is. Diva's Only Darling...Meet on the Hill.

So get posting so you can be part of next years trips.
Quick question--when you say 25 posts...is it posts that I create? Or are they both posts that I create and also posts that I reply to an/or comment on? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna