• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Whitefish 15-16

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After another week of fog (Wednesday, which I missed, was supposed to be more single chair stuff), things finally improved and the snow came. Four inches last night and we've had five at the house since I got home. Conditions today down low were absolutely icy -- that horrid, groomed stuff complete with ridges frozen in from some groomer equipment running every eight feet parallel down the hill, waiting to snag a ski with every turn. But up high, there was creamy freshness.
LL

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looks so nice! No trips down there for me this year...far too expensive with the dollar so low!!

Gorgeous...............

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Update. After a warm week, the "snow line was at the summit" today... I.E., it was raining. Coverage is still fine everywhere, but it's going to be raining for a few days now. Will report on results whenever I get up there again.

Christy

Angel Diva
What kind of camera do you ski with? I imagine you get asked this a lot.

Yesterday's pic. Apparently the original was too big.

I have to downsize all my photos--most of which are taken with my phone--for this site. I don't remember having to do this in the past, but I always do now.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have not been good about this. We continue to have little snow, and that we've received has been wet. The base is holding.

Feb 17:
12716309_10153844622262488_939610573269965288_o.jpg

Feb 21:

12779191_10153853344122488_2047622476998276742_o.jpg

Feb 25:

12771986_10153862201302488_7004931597799362415_o.jpg

The rough thing is Facebook keeps showing me On This Day pictures of tons of snow in prior years!!! The past three weeks have been more like late March.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know which shops at the hill, if any, demo head, Atomic, nordica? One shop lists rossignol but that's it.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is only one demo shop at the mountain itself. It's apparently in two locations this year, Village Rentals, and the base lodge (that's a new thing).

They have Atomic, Volkl, Blizzard, and Rossignol. They do not have Head or Nordica, I looked. You may be able to find them available at Sportsman or Tamarack or the other shops in town. Unfortunately, then you're only trying one pair a day. Also, this late in the season, selections are limited.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for looking! Much appreciated. Those should be a good start and was thinking the same about in town demos.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I see you're back. Did you demo?
Sadly, no. The place at the hill didn't have a good selection for her needs and the shops in town had really really good sales but selection was also very limited.

We had a fabulous time skiing there though. Both lodging and tickets were much less expensive than I'm use to paying, and no lifelines. Amazing since it was Springbreak and partial weekend. The locals were complaining about the conditions, but we thought they were fine.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demoing anything post President's Day is tough, as that's when the demos go on sale, unless they go on sale earlier because that model is sold out.

That being said, I was surprised at the limited selection at the ski area as well. Years ago, they had way more brands covered, which naturally means more selections possible.

Glad you liked the mountain. Frankly, this year was so much more crowded I'm trying to shut up about the place. I'm especially torqued at the number of ski clubs where they all ski down the same trail with 30 of their nearest and dearest. I'm used to just me and the snow.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was surprised too, they seemed to have lots of sizes in a limited number of models. I assume the best was sold already.
I can only imagine the ski groups, 30 people together on a run is not my thing either. Sounds like we got lucky.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna