• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Where are you skiing this season and what are your goals?

My goal is to continue to grow as a skier. Last year was a breakthrough season for me in that I had an instructor for a 7 week clinic I took in western Massachusetets that really made a difference for me. She had this fantastic approach and really helped me break out of my hump. I also took a 2 day clinic with an instructor and a psycholoigist at Magic who really helped with the mental part of skiing. Last season was a great one for me so I hope to build on that.
Where was the clinic in Western Mass.?

Susanvt

Diva in Training
Bretton Woods is my home mountain but will also explore more mountains in Vermont and the Eastern Townships of Canada. I’m still hoping to do the perfect turn. So I’ll practice that along with all the other things to make me a more fluid skier.

PollySid

Certified Ski Diva
I hear you…. I wonder if women in general get too much in their heads?.. I wish it was like when I was a kid and just flew over and down everything. Now I think about what my toes are doing, all the way up to my head and stance. lol. Go enjoy!
You just referenced my goal this year: think about what my toes are doing.

mickey823

Diva in Training
We’ve had these thread before but let’s start one for 23/24.

Other than Diva West (Steamboat), I’ll be sticking around at Palisades, Mt. Rose, and Mammoth. This year I am determined to get past my fear of steep bump runs. If necessary, I’ll take a private when the conditions are decent. My issue is always the drop in. Once I’m in, I generally do ok.
I had a knee injury this autumn and was just cleared to ski a little by my PT! Copper, Breck and Vail so far ... But only short days and chill groomers. I'm grateful for every run! My goal is to get my knee healthy and have a little fun, nothing too assertive this year :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna