• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Where are you skiing this season and what are your goals?

mustski

Angel Diva
We’ve had these thread before but let’s start one for 23/24.

Other than Diva West (Steamboat), I’ll be sticking around at Palisades, Mt. Rose, and Mammoth. This year I am determined to get past my fear of steep bump runs. If necessary, I’ll take a private when the conditions are decent. My issue is always the drop in. Once I’m in, I generally do ok.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
At a minimum I will ski Mammoth and Keystone.

We bought an Epic pass for both Keystone and Breckenridge, so if I'm skiing comfortably I may ski Breck as well. I'm sure that we will also hit the Aspen area. While I am doubtful about Aspen, I may try Snowmass and Buttermilk.

Goals? Surviving, losing my fear, having fun.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River is home as always.. also have trips to Steamboat, Big Sky, and Jay Peak planned.

My goal is the same, yet again, as the past bunch of years. Work on progressing in bumps and trees, both in confidence and skill. If given the opportunity, I always want to work on powder skiing as well.. but that’s really up to mother nature! :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
I've made the decision to hang up my dragon boat paddle as far the international competition. So that means more ski time.

I'm taking a 4 day course at Mont Ste. Anne that one of the CSIA's best is presenting. Still looking at the North East Ski Talk gathering in the Eastern Townships. Date is too close to Easter, so....

Other that than, I'll be another Tremblant.

So ski more this season.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'll only be skiing the east this year -- no western trip for me. Since I'm forgoing skiing out west, I'm hoping to travel a bit more, both in and out of Vermont (I usually ski Okemo, Stratton, Bromley, and Sugarbush) -- maybe hitting some of the smaller places in New Hampshire, and getting up to Saddleback in Maine. I WILL be at Diva East, so Jay and Burke are definitely on the list.

As for the goals, @MissySki , you articulated mine perfectly: getting better and more confident in bumps and trees, and work on skiing in powder, if the opportunity presents itself.

Tennessee

Angel Diva
My skiing and goals have changed drastically. I have been going “out west” to ski for multiple months for the past few years. After developing some quite eye opening knee pain last January, I have had to do a reassessment. I am going to try and ski at my home mountain a bit this year and see how it goes. Albeit with some softer and friendlier skis. So skiing goals are just to slow down and enjoy whatever skiing looks like now for me.

Since bicycling has been my main focus to help my knee pain, I have pivoted to booking a house for the month of January on Jekyll Island with my doggies. Then hoping to ski again in February near home if all goes well.

I didn’t buy any ski passes (I’ve had Ikon or Epic or season passes in the past) and am shocked at the cost of day passes anywhere but at my home mountain — I can ski there for $23 for a weekday half day (Beech). I turn 70 in mid February so can get a free pass at Beech on my birthday.

So… long story… I guess my main ski goal is to hopefully still be able to get the serene feeling of “flow” skiing brings me. Even if I’m skiing slower and lower. And of course enjoying the out of doors in Winter. I would be pretty happy with that!

But then I have a secret BIG dream. Maybe I’ll be so successful at my new ski goals that I am optimistic for my ski future! In that case I plan to buy a IKON pass in March for next year and hope they open up the Alterra resorts in mid March for next year’s pass holders. Then I’m headed straight for Mammoth! And I would hope to ski there with @skibum4ever again and meet @mustski and others!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
My skiing and goals have changed drastically. I have been going “out west” to ski for multiple months for the past few years. After developing some quite eye opening knee pain last January, I have had to do a reassessment. I am going to try and ski at my home mountain a bit this year and see how it goes. Albeit with some softer and friendlier skis. So skiing goals are just to slow down and enjoy whatever skiing looks like now for me.

Since bicycling has been my main focus to help my knee pain, I have pivoted to booking a house for the month of January on Jekyll Island with my doggies. Then hoping to ski again in February near home if all goes well.

I didn’t buy any ski passes (I’ve had Ikon or Epic or season passes in the past) and am shocked at the cost of day passes anywhere but at my home mountain — I can ski there for $23 for a weekday half day (Beech). I turn 70 in mid February so can get a free pass at Beech on my birthday.

So… long story… I guess my main ski goal is to hopefully still be able to get the serene feeling of “flow” skiing brings me. Even if I’m skiing slower and lower. And of course enjoying the out of doors in Winter. I would be pretty happy with that!

But then I have a secret BIG dream. Maybe I’ll be so successful at my new ski goals that I am optimistic for my ski future! In that case I plan to buy a IKON pass in March for next year and hope they open up the Alterra resorts in mid March for next year’s pass holders. Then I’m headed straight for Mammoth! And I would hope to ski there with @skibum4ever again and meet @mustski and others!

You should be able to ski Mammoth with next year's pass around April 10. Pat (@mustski ) and I will be waiting for you.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I was JUST about to ask you about your plans for this winter when I saw this post. So sorry to hear about your knee issues! Have you been/considered going to Physical Therapy? Those PT folks work wonders! I will miss skiing with you this season (unless I manage to head out to your neck of the woods, if you get a decent amount of snow when I'm not in Taos), but I hope you get to enjoy the "slow lane" as much as possible this season! :wave:

DebbieSue

Angel Diva
My goal is to learn to carve instead of pushing my hips, tails or whatever the heck it is I do at the end of a turn. I can't seem to get flat in transition and over my little toe edge. I have been doing yoga and pilates working on alignment (my feet tend to pronate and my femurs rotate inward), got custom footbeds, and short carving skis . . . . we'll see. I'll be at Kton pre and thru Christmas, then a Jan-Feb western safari to Diva West, Big Sky, and SkiTalk minigathering at Taos. Really, I love low angle bumps and glades, but I need to get better at carving to be more confident when the going get tough, and to keep up with the skiers who go to the terrain I want to visit.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I'll be spending a month in Taos again this winter, as my major goal is to keep progressing enough to be able to access more terrain. I'm taking a private ski wk with two women I met during the Women's Wk last season with Stephanie, who is an awesome instructor. The rest of the time I'll be practicing, and hopefully becoming more confident on the steeper pitches. Some day I may even be able to ski with all you awesome Ski Divas for real!! :wink:

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stay healthy
Have fun teaching
Not get hurt
Laugh a lot
Repeat

A bit unusual for me to not have a tech goal. After my season ending ski injury last Jan 26th, my focus has changed. This is especially true if El Niño affects our region, as it already seems to be doing, which means some firm man made sketchy snow.

I am finishing up my covid isolation, so i have a leg up on the stay healthy part already.

I am already booked for more ski lessons than I have ever worked in 22 full-time time years, so keeping it fun will be key when burnout tries to creep in.

Not getting hurt.... I did so well for 22 seasons. Hopefully last year's injury was the big one for another 22.

Laughing. Needs no explanation. Life is short. Belly ache laughs too few amd far between. I am manifesting reasons for shared laughter based on funny moments for all involved.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Sunday River is still my home mountain. Diva West, a jaunt to Big Sky, and Diva East are my planned excursions. I need to see if I can use any additional IKON days as well!

For me, goals = fun suck so I tend not to think in those terms. That said, there are always things I would like to be better at, so that puts me in a quandary with myself :tongue:

I enjoy bumps/trees and am quite comfortable on moderately sized edge-able bumps. Although I wouldn't seek out hard/icy bumps, they are inevitable in the east. As a survival skill, I do want to be comfortable navigating them when encountered.

Like others, the ever elusive powder skills are my forever want; I would love instruction during a new snow dumping, but I never seem to figure out how to make that happen!

Knitjenious

Angel Diva
This year, we have passes at two local bumps (seasons at Kissing Bridge and a 9-pack at Holiday Valley.) And I am doing my first Diva East trip to Jay Peak.

It will be the first time I have skied a mountain that large. (Holiday Valley's longest run is twice as long as KB. Jay Peak's is twice as long as Holiday Valley.) So my goal is to build endurance to enjoy the Jay trip! Both my passes include group lessons, so hoping to maximize those before Jay, too, so that I feel as prepared as possible for tackling new terrain.

And maybe just maybe I will hit 30 days of skiing this year. (Last year I struggled to get to 20 because of crappy weather here.)

Karenfrances

Certified Ski Diva
I will be skiing in the Dolomites again (!!) this Christmas (assuming the snow gods cooperate) and am working on two trips to Colorado -- one with, and one perhaps without, the teenager. If without, I hope to make that trip Diva West but we will see. We bought Ikon passes this year so maybe also try Snowshoe -- I have never been there, but it is on Ikon, and so far the weather folks are predicting a colder/snowier winter for the DC area. I mostly hope to have fun with the teenager in her next-to-last ski season before she leaves for college. And improve my bump skiing, always bump skiing.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I have my Beaver Creek trip booked for early January ,and this time certainty of 3 days and possibly 4 days on snow while there. I *might* take a bus over to Vail one day to check it out (on a Tuesday morning, so hopefully uncrowded.)

I am hoping to get in a day or two on snow before Christmas in Wisconsin It has gotten bitterly cold here, so they should be able to get a lot of snow made in the next few weeks. Heck, I might even be able to do some after-work runs at my super-local Wilmot in the next few weeks.

I am also fairly confident I'll be in Reno/Tahoe sometime this season; I'm waiting for 1st quarter junket announcements to go out from my host group. If nothing surfaces, then I'll be out there in mid/late March once United airlines starts running their nonstop flights from Chicago again. I'm planning to use most of my EPIC 4 day in BC/Vail so I'll do Mt Rose, and maybe Northstar or Heavenly if I have an extra pass day left. Heavenly is a smidge easier bc I have free parking available to me near the gondola.

In-between the fly-to ski trips, I'll supplement with more Wisconsin (Wilmot, Cascade, Devil's Head, etc.) and possibly meeting up with folks in Duluth at Spirit Mountain (I have a friend who lives there so minimally, I'd ski w her there and then head over toward Ironwood area for another ski day.)

I may also fly to Philly to ski Elk with my sister, or we might meet up in central PA w my mom and dad for a little family getaway to Blue Knob. That is TBD.

So those are my TRAVEL goals...but what are my actual skiing goals? Not bust my a$$ before my daughter's wedding in September 2024! :thumb:

mustski

Angel Diva
I am also fairly confident I'll be in Reno/Tahoe sometime this season; I'm waiting for 1st quarter junket announcements to go out from my host group. If nothing surfaces, then I'll be out there in mid/late March once United airlines starts running their nonstop flights from Chicago again. I'm planning to use most of my EPIC 4 day in BC/Vail so I'll do Mt Rose, and maybe Northstar or Heavenly if I have an extra pass day left. Heavenly is a smidge easier bc I have free parking available to me near the gondola.
Hit us up! We have a guest room! I’d love to hang out more this time around.

BlizzardBabe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Massanutten (VA) is my humble home hill and I'll be there most weekends. When I can cut out during the week I'll be at Liberty or Whitetail (PA). In addition, I'll be spending a week in Snowshoe (WV) in January, and hopefully a smattering of days at Timberline (WV). Western-wise, I'll be in Steamboat in February and Revelstoke in March.

Goals are easy - improving confidence in bumps and trees. Uh, and NO INJURIES this year!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna