• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When will the first snowflakes fall?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
We had snow showers here at my house yesterday, but no accumulation. Other places in Vermont got a few inches! Here are some pics I found on Facebook.

Stowe:

Stowe.jpg

Mad River Glen:

MRG.jpg

Smuggler's Notch:

Smuggs.jpg

And check out the top of Mount Washington:

MtW.jpg

I love this picture that Famous Internet Skiers posted on Facebook yesterday; not sure if it's Sunday River, Stowe, or somewhere else -- though it doesn't look like Stowe to me.

Famous.jpg

It won't last, but hopefully, a sign of things to come. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
About an inch of accumulation at my house (at same elevation as North Peak Lodge at Sunday River) last night, and down to 25 degrees. But sun's out now, so it's dissipating. Nothing at lower elevations in town - just hard frost.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
H's parents reported a bit of snow up in the Poconos today. No accumulation.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
canyon.jpg mill.jpg main.jpg
Arrived on Friday, still people mountain biking, but all day saturday and into sunday morning a ton of rain = snow @ mammoth from Canyon to Mill to Main. Snow at peaks of mountains all the way down to Bishop, great storm :smile:

Bonus drive home - spectacular cumulonimbus clouds flanking the various mountains all the way to the coast.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Blargh. I was up at Breckenridge with my parents this weekend - light misting rain, but no snow. Not even close. It needs to get colder, pronto! ... but the forecast isn't obliging. Thanks for sharing the photos, east coast divas!

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I moved stuff up the mountain this weekend and it definitely looked whiter than it did last time I went there 3 weeks ago. Snow fell down to the village level and still remains on roofs and there was snow on my terrace too even that it faces south. It's also colder than the same time last year and snow cannons started working above 2500m. They are planning to open couple runs at the top on October 31 for weekends only if weather stays the same and they can at least one snowfall between now and then.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
We had our first flakes fall here in the Hudson Valley yesterday!!! Nothing accumulated of course, but none the less... winter is just around the corner. :thumbsup:

First flurries this afternoon just west of Boston. I ran outside and caught snowflakes on my tongue with the neighbors kids!

It snowed for about 5 minutes yesterday and I ran outside excited like a little kid. Wished I had kids, someone around to run around with me to catch snowflakes with my tongue. I apparently was the only one excited about this. SMH

alicie

Angel Diva
Apparently the uk is meant to get a really snowy winter because of El Niño. They say we are going to get really snowy winters every year, it usually doesn't happen though. But maybe because of El Niño it might actually happen, I think last El Niño year it was really snowy but I'm not too sure. Hopefully there will be a slightly better start to the season than last year.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
surfsnowgirl said:
It snowed for about 5 minutes yesterday and I ran outside excited like a little kid. Wished I had kids, someone around to run around with me to catch snowflakes with my tongue. I apparently was the only one excited about this. SMH

eclaire said:
First flurries this afternoon just west of Boston. I ran outside and caught snowflakes on my tongue with the neighbors kids!

I was in Boston on Sunday, sitting on a side road waiting for parking when my friend cried, "is that *snow*??!" I was about to fall asleep, but that quickly perked me up.

Checking Killington's snow report daily. Really hoping to get up there the middle of November but would like more terrain open than just Reason and Upper/Lower Rime. We hang out there half the time anyway but I like a little more variety just in case I want to venture somewhere else. Hopefully once the temps drop tomorrow things will be headed in the right direction.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna