• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

When will the first snowflakes fall?

Christy

Angel Diva
White Pass got 3 inches the other day, Whistler got a little, Stevens got a dusting, a lot of mts in NE Oregon and Idaho got a dusting too. Not that any of it will stick and accumulate yet...

Fluffy Kitty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes, dusting on Mt. Bachelor! (The photo is just a stock photo.)

Given how lousy the PNW snow forecast is for this season, it's good to have something encouraging.

Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 10.14.44 PM copy.jpg

karrie lou

Certified Ski Diva
I was very excited when I got an email with pictures of the first snow! We've still got beautiful spring skiing here and now I'm seeing beautiful photos from your side of the world! Lovely!

Ringrat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It snowed here all weekend. A little in town before going back to rain, but there's lots of white visible from my living room window. Supposed to warm up, though, so it'll probably melt.

mustski

Angel Diva
Mammoth got some snow already - so where is that white section of the map? Maybe it is referring to snow that sticks.

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A friend visiting Yellowstone this week shared a photo from Big Sky this morning. El Nino!!!

index.php

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You probably don't really want the first snow to stick, might be not so good for a snowpack stability. It really depends how cool it got before it started to snow. You want the ground to cool first after summer. But the first snow is always nice too see as a reminder of things to come.

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowing above 2000 meters. A friend is in St. Moritz at the moment, the village is covered in snow. It won't stay, but still there was zero snowfall at this time last year and in October too. It also got colder in the course of last week, night temperatures in the mountain must be falling below zero by now. After the summer we had we really need a good snowfall to fill all the crevasses on the glaciers.

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Here in the (mostly) flatlands, we usually get our first snowfall around (US) Thanksgiving weekend. Generally, we can plan on something sticking by Christmas. Then these bunch of lazy, snow haters get sick of snow by January 1st and gripe and complain and throw invisible daggers at the back of my head when it's snowing and I'm doing the Snoopy happy dance.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We got a few flakes here this morning in Montreal! Nothing that stuck to the ground, yet, and it quickly turned back into rain. But there was enough white stuff falling from the sky for my Facebook feed to go completely haywire with complaining people. (I added a yippee! but I think only a few people realize it was not sarcastic.)

I guess I should uninstall my window air conditioner, eh? I refuse to turn the heat on yet, mind you.

Jilly

Staff member
We had some light flurries too. I was planning of putting the patio furniture away this afternoon. Now I have to wait for it to dry. And here I was waiting for it to warm up.

climbingbetty

Angel Diva
There was a nice, VERY wintery pic of Whiteface on their Facebook page this morning!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly