• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's the day rate at your home mountain?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mad steezy yo.
:ROTF:
That guy cracks me up.
"Will he make moderator?????"
(I lurk and enjoy :wink:)
You know he'd be thrilled to know he's the topic of Diva Discussion?
Shhhhh, lets not tell him :smile:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
You know he'd be thrilled to know he's the topic of Diva Discussion?
Shhhhh, lets not tell him :smile:
Okay, I admit it: I watched that inane video that he put up a few weeks ago.
O.
M.
G.
The sudden change to a more "serious" (by comparison) demeanor is quite humorous.
This guy is the Cosmo Kramer of Alpine Zone.
:focus: sorry for the ot, divas! We'll behave now. :wink:

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He'll never make moderator, but I don't think he'll stop trying. :laugh: And yes, I'm sure he'd love it if he knew Divas were discussing him.

o3jeff told me he's a little more mellow in person...like he acts like someone in his early 20s instead of teens. :laugh:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, my sincerest effort going forth:
:focus:
Saddleback, Maine:
$40
weekdays, weekends, holidays, whenever
Such a deal :becky:

whitewater girl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Greek Peak, NY (it's near Cortland), with a vertical drop of 952'

Full Day: $58.00
Night: $30.00

...on the other hand, their season pass if bought before April 15 the previous spring costs under $300 ($289 last year)...and Ithaca College, Binghamton University, Cornell, Wells College & Syracuse University (as well as many high schools & several community colleges) all have their college ski programs here (really good teaching/learning hill)

Acadia07

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just looked at Stowe's regular Weekend/Holiday: $89...yowza! Don't know if I'll ever be skiing there..

:Cry: It hurts my heart that Stowe (and most of my other VT favorites) are so expensive.

We have passes to Catamount, NY. Daily rate: $56.

abc

Banned
:Cry: It hurts my heart that Stowe (and most of my other VT favorites) are so expensive.
That's when it's worth playing the "discount" game! You can join ski club or what not to get some discounts. Same goes for most of the "VT big mountains": Killington, Stratton, Okemo...

Although I like Stowe the best, I don't go there often. 1) it's so far away. 2) It's not easy to get discounts.

For what it cost to ski Stowe, I can just fly out west for a long weekend! Even at its best, Stowe can't compete with even a no-name "small" resort of the west such as Loveland or A-Basin.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
For what it cost to ski Stowe, I can just fly out west for a long weekend! Even at its best, Stowe can't compete with even a no-name "small" resort of the west such as Loveland or A-Basin.
Will graciously beg to totally differ. "Just flying out west" is ...well, a thing of the past. It can be quite the PITA, and some of us no longer have the nerves of steel to deal with what has become of the U.S. airline industry. And I had no idea that Loveland and A-Basin were "no name." I think not....

lovebug

Certified Ski Diva
Quick derail .... Blue Mountain is the one the only home of the infamous GSS. Although ... Ive never met him in person - maybe hes just a legand??? :becky:

We now return to the regularly scheduled discussion ....

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Quick derail .... Blue Mountain is the one the only home of the infamous GSS. Although ... Ive never met him in person - maybe hes just a legand??? :becky:

We now return to the regularly scheduled discussion ....
:laugh: It seems like *everyone* knows who he is... Let's hope he doesn't google himself and find his way here. :laugh:

abc

Banned
And I had no idea that Loveland and A-Basin were "no name." I think not....
A-basin only barely made "the name" now. It was pretty no-name 10 years ago. In fact, pretty low on the "name list" just a few years back, until they open Mensixxx( whatever the name of that new back bowl) Bowl.

And who here that don't live in Colorado heard of Loveland? Where is it? Who from outside of Colorado has skied it?

Maybe one day Vail corp will buy Loveland. Then it will have a "name" in the mind of the vacationers, or even "real" skiers.

But we're digressing from the thread...

I don't mean it cost THE SAME to ski out west. But the cost differential is WAY smaller than people think. And given the much better snow quantity and quality, the small cost differential is more than made up in overall result, be it shorter lift line or just better enjoyment.

Jilly

Staff member
Well abc, I skied A-Basin in 1982. It was there then and great skiing as it was the first time I'd skied above the tree line. Yeah, we skied Vail too and we skied some new unknown area called Beaver Creek. BC didn't even have a building at the bottom, just a parking garage and a heated bubble. Lodge at mid-station.

Seems to me that A-Basin was in the resort book that was in our condo.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A-basin only barely made "the name" now. It was pretty no-name 10 years ago. In fact, pretty low on the "name list" just a few years back, until they open Mensixxx( whatever the name of that new back bowl) Bowl.

And who here that don't live in Colorado heard of Loveland? Where is it? Who from outside of Colorado has skied it?

Maybe one day Vail corp will buy Loveland. Then it will have a "name" in the mind of the vacationers, or even "real" skiers.

But we're digressing from the thread...

I don't mean it cost THE SAME to ski out west. But the cost differential is WAY smaller than people think. And given the much better snow quantity and quality, the small cost differential is more than made up in overall result, be it shorter lift line or just better enjoyment.

April, you may not have heard of these resorts but they are legendary among many, many "real" skiers all over the country for the terrain and vibe. It's part of what they are proud of. But, I'm happy to have some continue to think they're not worth it so they remain relatively uncrowded. Go ahead to the big resorts. :eyebrows: And to me most of the eastern resorts were "no name" until I came to Ski Diva and even today while I recognize names I can't always even place what state they're in so it's all perception.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know Catamount pretty well...I think $56 is a ripoff for that mt. Look for vouchers if you go there, see the Ski Haus website, they have vouchers for Catamount, Jiminy, Butternut and others.

abc

Banned
April, you may not have heard of these resorts but they are legendary among many, many "real" skiers all over the country for the terrain and vibe.
Robin, I first skied A-basin in 85!

And when I returned to Michigan and told people I had a blast skiing A-basin, the reaction was "huh?".

And that remained so till I left Michigan in the early 90's!

(but they've heard of Vail. They've heard of Copper. They've even heard of Winter Park!)

So perhaps there're not too many "real" skiers in Michigan back then? :wink:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So perhaps there're not too many "real" skiers in Michigan back then? :wink:

Or, perhaps, you weren't talking to them. My father came here from Michigan in the 60's for college and to ski and coach at mountains like A-Basin. Yep, that's right, he got his start in coaching ski racing at A-Basin. I'm not saying your friends didn't not know about A-Basin but just because they didn't doesn't make it a no-name resort.

Sorry for derailing this thread. :focus:

Copper Mountain appears to be somewhere between $80-90 depending on dates.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Another hijack...
Yeah, well, I'm from Wisconsin, where I spent many years skiing, so I guess I'm not a "real skier" either. I made to Loveland and A-Basin in 1978.

Never thrilled to be called a not "real" skier.
:mad2:
And traveling by air in this era can be a complete and total hassle for many, making it not worth it.

I shall now :chillpill: and :focus:
But I cordially invite abc to come see what wimps we are.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna