• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's in your pockets? And how do you deal with multiple outfits?

shnu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same here, I hardly ski without a backpack (once last season, and I felt I am missing something the whole day).

So in jacket pockets I only carry season pass, lipbalm and tissues.

Keys, 'skiing wallet' (with driving license, ÖAMTC card – automobile association, Austrian alpine association card, mountain rescue card), debit card, around 20 EUR in cash) and mobile phone I put in my backpack.
And backpack is a whole diffrent story ... :smile:

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why do you carry a whole wallet? I take my ID, one credit card, a $10 or $20 and that's it.

Other than that, I just take lip balm, phone, my RFID pass, and my keys (which only have a house key and car key).

That's pretty much what I have, too, when at a resort. Not a full wallet. Oh, I also carry my health insurance card. I put the keys in a pocket by themselves because it's the only thing I would be hosed without. Sometimes I bring a pair of sunglasses, too.

Jilly

Staff member
Never thought about putting one of those collapsible water flask on a lanyard. Not like I don't have 10 of each...they were big give away over the last few years.

mustski

Angel Diva
Never thought about putting one of those collapsible water flask on a lanyard. Not like I don't have 10 of each...they were big give away over the last few years.
LOL. I never would have thought of it either. I saw @Margaritamarcia using hers that way last year at Diva West. For most days, its perfect. My camelback is a hiking pack so it's a bit bulkier than I like behind me on a chairlift.

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
I pack a crap ton of stuff into my jacket. Luckily it has lots of pockets. Keys, wallet, cell phone, lip balm, map, granola bar, collapsible water bottle, goggle defogger, sunscreen, ski lock, cat tracks, silk glove liners, silk balaclava, sock liners.

I need a new jacket as my current one is more than 10 years old and falling apart but I haven't been able to find a new one that has as many pockets as I would like. I do have a small camelbak and I may try using that to carry stuff this season.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't have a pocket routine. Money is about the only thing I routinely put in my pocket and occassionally and ipod. I leave the keys hidden somewhere on the car in case someone else needs in and sometimes I will throw some kind of food in a pocket. Anything else in my pockets is purely random and by chance.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do wear a fanny pack when walking the dogs. And recently when hiking; I wear a backpack, but the fannypack lets me get at stuff without having to remove the pack. And ... I wear the fanny pack around the house when I'm doing chores and listening to podcasts on my phone, because not all my pants have great pockets.

Xinga

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I do wear a fanny pack when walking the dogs. And recently when hiking; I wear a backpack, but the fannypack lets me get at stuff without having to remove the pack. And ... I wear the fanny pack around the house when I'm doing chores and listening to podcasts on my phone, because not all my pants have great pockets.

So why no fanny pack on the hill?

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So why no fanny pack on the hill?

I tried it. I didn't like it. The only thing I really wanted it for was water, but I have an amazing track record of those platypus style bladders leaking all over me. And I discovered I don't drink out of it even if I have it. If I need that much space, I have a small ski backpack, but I don't wear it unless I think I'll be hiking ...

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only have one ski outfit, so my life is easy :smile: In any case, I ski with a backpack and only carry my phone, wallet, ski pass and chopstick in the shell pockets.

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a pocket on my jacket sleeve for my pass, an inner jacket pocket - (designed for goggles) in which I keep 1 Money card, cash, there's a goggle wipe in there. Chest pocket has phone and earbuds. One of the side pockets has a clip and a cord I can attach to my car keys then clip them in to my pocket -I love that.
In my pants I have lip balm and a hanky maybe some chocolate.
I tend to just wear the same gear most of the time do I don't have to worry about changing things over. I hate it if I forget my pass or something. I keep a different money card in my wallet so that I can leave the one in my jacket all the time.
Where I ski it doesn't take long at all to get to base so I keep a back pack down there.
I find it so weird when you guys talk about fanny packs, we call them bum bags down here. The word fanny is a little rude here and refers to a VERY specific part of female anatomy :smile:

alicie

Angel Diva
I find it so weird when you guys talk about fanny packs, we call them bum bags down here. The word fanny is a little rude here and refers to a VERY specific part of female anatomy :smile:

Was just about to say this. I'm sitting here laughing, it never fails to amuse me.

Skiing when not in Scotland I carry 300nok, 20eu etc. phone, glasses, piece of paper with travel insurance details, small milka bar and small bar of sweets (if in Norway I have their circle chocolate things) and lip balm.

In Scotland £20, debit card, car key (house keys stay in the glove box, alone with the various keyrings I have), glasses, phone, lip balm and small chocolate bar and small packet of sweets.

abc

Banned
I don't carry half as many things as most of you.

On the other hand, I carry the whole wallet rather than transferring id and credit cards every time I ski

Basically, when skiing the east, I don't carry even water, let alone food. The lodge is only one short runs away, where I have all my stuff in my boot bag.

When I ski the big mountain of the west with their multiple bases, I typically have my Camelpak with me for the needed extra hydration for high altitude anyway. So everything usually in my boot bag got stuffed into my Camelpak.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's actually a little rude in many places. Evidentally the subject came up at school and an exchange student was quite offended that we called them that and announced to the class that it was like calling it a #$%@ pack where he came from.

Christy

Angel Diva
Well Fanny is also a women's name, albeit an old fashioned one you don't hear much these days, so getting offended at fanny pack seems narrow minded at best.

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well Fanny is also a women's name, albeit an old fashioned one you don't hear much these days, so getting offended at fanny pack seems narrow minded at best.
I don't think many people would be offended, -it just makes my eyebrows pop up and I chuckle when I read it. :0

Forgot that I also carry some antiflam tablets for my back to get through a big day and also anti nausea tabs incase of white out conditions - I'm hopeless if I feel the slightest bit sick.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga