• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What's in your pockets? And how do you deal with multiple outfits?

Xinga

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me:

Pants pockets:
Ski Passes
Zip Lock bag of Advil
$20 bill for just in case
Kleenex or two

Jacket Pockets:
Lip Balm and Goggle wiping cloth in the arm/wrist pocket.
Phone and nozewarmer in chest inner pocket.
small wallet, tiny pocket-knife-multi-tool, car and condo keys, spare hair tie, all (but wallet) clipped into a front pocket.
granola bar, spare very thin balaclava, and rescue ointment in other front pocket.

I'm always wishing for better pockets in women's gear!
and I just try to remember to transfer everything from one jacket and/or pants to another.
there are a few items that stay resident in each --
lip balm and goggle wipe, for example

I'd like to figure out how to secure my wallet better. I'd like to put it in the inner chest pocket with my phone, but fear getting my credit cards erased by proximity. Should I not worry about the phone erasing my cards?

For securing keys and pocket knife, etc, I usually end up using the "waist cord draw string" that is accessible in the pocket to tie a clip of some sort in -- since most women's gear manufacturers don't seem to bother with such built-in conveniences anymore.

I cannot live without lip balm! And in cold weather, my eyes water, soak my goggle foam, freeze and chap my face, thus the need for rescue ointment too. I guess I could use lip balm on my face, but eww...

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have the same problem...moving from my instructor jacket to my fleece if it's warm or my civilian jacket if I am lucky to find time to free ski. I got a Scottevest last year. It is basically a vest full of pockets. It's well designed, even has a cord corridor for my iPod earbud cords. I can work my cellphone through the mesh pocket. :

I wear it whenever I don't want to have a purse, and to avoid pick pockets in Prague. It's great for the airline too, since I stuff the pockets and wear it on board leaving more room in my carry on. I slide my gloves in the back pocket, and it even holds my iPad.

You could also try a fishing vest...I have a friend who does that.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
RFID pass, wallet, keys, chapstick, goggle bag, phone, eye drops, sometimes a spare facewarmer of some sort, sometimes snacks or throat lozenges. I have found that pants and jackets either look nice, or I have them stuffed with the things I want. Not both.

All my jackets have a zippered inner pocket, which is where my wallet goes. I tend to like my phone in a cargo pant pocket if possible, along with the goggle bag to pretend that it will actually give some protection to the phone. All of my clothes have completely different pocket arrangements, so I just kind of make it up as I go and "feel up" the jacket and pants when I take them off and pile everything on the counter. (DH loves the mess I make, honest.)

Christy

Angel Diva
I'd like to figure out how to secure my wallet better. I'd like to put it in the inner chest pocket with my phone, but fear getting my credit cards erased by proximity. Should I not worry about the phone erasing my cards?

Why do you carry a whole wallet? I take my ID, one credit card, a $10 or $20 and that's it.

Other than that, I just take lip balm, phone, my RFID pass, and my keys (which only have a house key and car key).

How often do you use the pocketknife/multitool on the slopes?

Jilly

Staff member
One thing I love about Avalanche ski wear - pockets.....lots of pockets. Zipped, velcro'd and/or deep. Since I use the same wallet during day and night when I'm at Tremblant that one isn't usually too hard to remember to switch if I'm switching jackets. It's usually the ski pass I forget. And if I do switch jackets and clip for the pass is in the opposite outside pocket.!

My list:'
inside zip pocket/chest height - small wallet, keys (wallet has bank/credit card, health card and cash)
inside lower velco pockets - phone and readers one side, camera other if needed
outside chest zip - lip balm, kleenex
lower outside, hand warmer pockets - season pass on side, ski key other one.
If I need to take anything else then the camera might not go and it would fit in that pocket.

Salomon jacket is missing pockets, so it gets interesting trying to get gear into it.

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why do you carry a whole wallet? I take my ID, one credit card, a $10 or $20 and that's it.

I feel like if I did that, they'd be bouncing around and more likely to fall out of a pocket unnoticed than my wallet would be. I carry a men's wallet; it's not that bulky, anyway. Just bills and a few cards. Granted, I probably don't need my climbing gym membership card or my coffee punch card or my motorcycle insurance on the slope ... hm ...

Christy

Angel Diva
I feel like if I did that, they'd be bouncing around and more likely to fall out of a pocket unnoticed than my wallet would be. I carry a men's wallet; it's not that bulky, anyway. Just bills and a few cards. Granted, I probably don't need my climbing gym membership card or my coffee punch card or my motorcycle insurance on the slope ... hm ...

I put mine in a small dedicated pocket (usually a front zippered pants pocket, but sometimes one of my zippered arm pockets)--not one that I go in and out of all the time for lip balm or something.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I usually have my phone, ipod, license, credit card, a little bit of cash, chapstick and tissues. Extra hair elastic is usually on my wrist.

If it's in between temps and I think I'll need more later I might have a face mask, glove liners and/or extra hand warmers stuffed somewhere.

Could have a granola bar or something stored somewhere, but not always. More likely when I'm away from my home mountain.

Season pass is on my arm band.

I take everything out of my pockets after each ski day, and have a spot I keep it all in the condo to pack up the next time once I'm dressed in whatever I'm wearing that day.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Pretty much never use the little pocket knife-multi-tool. But I'm *SURE* if I take it out, I will need it!

My DH carries a multi tool and has used it numerous times to either adjust something on our own gear or to help someone else who has needed it (both ski friends and random people at the top of a lift who suddenly had something come loose and needed a screw driver etc.)

I was skeptical at first, but having seen it used multiple times I'm glad he carries it with him now :smile:

Reactions: num

Inoffensive Nickname

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Right pants pocket is for spare tissue. Left lower pants pocket is for car keys. Left upper pants pocket is for tissues. Outer jacket inner pocket is for iPhone (and there's an elastic loop that holds the cord in place). Inner breast pocket is for ski pass, ID, and debit card or cash. Outer breast pocket is for face stick (KissMyFace - it's like sunscreen chapstick for your whole face) and lighter. I keep my outside jacket pockets empty so when I need to take my gloves off to wipe my nose or adjust the volume on my music, I can just stuff them in my pockets.

Fortunately for me, I can't afford a 2nd set of outerwear, so I don't have to deal with switching.

SkiBilly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My condo and ski lock key is on a lanyard around my neck tucked in under my neck warmer....got to remember to put it on *before* my helmet though.

Otherwise, for my jacket - season pass on my hip pocket zipper; card/cash internal chest pocket; pawpaw ointment, in hip external pocket. My new jacket has a external chest pocket for my phone...very handy. Ski lock and tissues in pants. I used to carry "fog off" but now that I've got fan goggles that isn't needed anymore, yay!

mustski

Angel Diva
I actually don't carry very much. Pants pocket - credit/debit card, DL, AAA card, medical insurance card (yes... I am superstitious .. .the day I don't have it will be the day I am injured!) I leave them on the cabin table every night in case I switch pants. I leave my chapstick in the same place and throw it in one of my jacket pockets. Inner jacket pocket is for my phone. Locally, the lift pass is on a lanyard around my neck; RFID pass in my outer jacket pocket at Mammoth. For water, I either wear a camelback or, more recently, on a lanyard around my neck. Most of the time, local skiing means half days so no worries. At a big mountain, water is the only necessity because I stop for lunch so no need for snacks. I eat breakfast before I leave the house. Change of socks, goggles vs sunglasses, face mask etc ... I either leave them in the car just in case or make an A.M. decision and live with it. If I am unsure of the need for face covering, it's warm enough to trust a buff and I wear it around my neck and pull it up if I need it.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Credit card, condo or house key, maybe $40 in cash, health insurance card, energy bar, mini flask of h20 if not using camel bak, lip balm w spf and mini sunscreen. Everything fits in pockets… Season pass on bung-y thing on pants. I'm good to go.
Too bad fanny packs are so dorky. I mean, really, they were quite convenient.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I carry an extra set of contacts (amongst everything mentioned above). It's so weird but my eyesight is so bad (-7.50 and -6.50) that if I lost even one I don't think I could make it down the hill. It's for peace of mind more than anything.

jellyflake

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hardly ski without a backpack so I have got enough space.
If I do ski without it (like one or two days a year) then I don't carry anything with me except key, ski pass, Id + credit card + some money, kleenex, phone, lip-balm (YES, important :becky:).

In the backpack I additionally would carry all avalanche equipment, first aid, sth to drink, extra layers, extra gloves, maybe maps, maybe sth to eat.

Woohooo, I like that discussion - I am starting my season this coming weekend so I am currently planning luggage and packing... :bounce:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna