• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What would you tell your home mountain?

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Get out of the Mountain Collective, and raise season pass prices so it's not like Disneyland anymore.

marzNC

Angel Diva
There should be clocks at the bottom of all lifts. It would be so nice to be able to just glance up and know how many runs you have left rather than doing the whole gloves and phone routine. This goes for many mountains.
What's even worse? Having a clock at the base of a lift that doesn't work. But it can take a minute to realize that the time is wrong.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I drop my skis off for a quick tune - please ask me if I need/want the tips detuned - I tend to forget to ask this for some reason and get nailed every time.

I expect to be asked what edge angles I want, but that almost never happens. I always have to tell them or ask what their setting is. It matters to me because I do a lot of touch-up sharpening and deburring and I need to know what angle guide to use so the edges don't get all wonky.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I expect to be asked what edge angles I want, but that almost never happens. I always have to tell them or ask what their setting is. It matters to me because I do a lot of touch-up sharpening and deburring and I need to know what angle guide to use so the edges don't get all wonky.

However you are a rare individual! I doubt if 5% of the non-racers have any clue what is going on. Including me!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:bump:

Now that the new season is upon us, I thought I'd bump this up. What would you tell your local mountain?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I'm wearing out my ski boots walking from the shuttle stop at Northstar to the gondola. It's a ridiculous long walk in ski boots.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
I want rest rooms to be on the ground floor so I don’t have to go downstairs in ski boots when I need to pee.

And reinforce the “No Bags left at the Table” rule. Either that, or build more cubbies.
Every mountain could always use more cubbies. :-)

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My home mountain is probably Wachusett--they are the closest. I don't have a lot to complain about--they do a generally great job for a small hill, although the burgers tend to taste burned, and I really wish they had a sports drink like Gatorade. They only carry Polar sodas. Weird, but that's about it!

Albertan ski girl

Angel Diva
Lake Louise and Sunshine - I would tell them two things (one good, one bad)

1) I LOVE how everybody brings their own lunch, and their are plenty of seats and long tables, and microwaves, places to fill up your water bottles, and you don't mind it when we take the plastic cutlery anyway. Don't ever change that - it makes it feel so homey!

2) Get out of Mountain Collective, get out of Ikon - I want my really uncrowded slopes back :smile: And that's a big reason that this year, I'm going to spend more time at Marmot Basin, Castle, Pano, Kimberley and elsewhere...

newboots

Angel Diva
When I read this, I wish my home mountain was still Berkshire East. It was the talk about homey lodges with microwaves and long tables where everyone fits in and you help your table-mate’s kid find his ski pants on the floor.

Killington - how can I tell you to be smaller and more homey? I do love the faster lifts, huge variety of trails, and a big choice of lodges. The bacon Bloody Marys.

I’m not that fond of giant crowds.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
When I read this, I wish my home mountain was still Berkshire East. It was the talk about homey lodges with microwaves and long tables where everyone fits in and you help your table-mate’s kid find his ski pants on the floor.

Killington - how can I tell you to be smaller and more homey? I do love the faster lifts, huge variety of trails, and a big choice of lodges. The bacon Bloody Marys.

I’m not that fond of giant crowds.
I am not fond of crowds either. We try to only do Killington in the early season and spring, when most people are not thinking about skiing. When you are at K-ton you have to hang with the locals, so you can ski on the quieter runs. Most of the season we are pretty much at Pico though. We love both places for different reasons, and it is good to mix it up.

Thought this would be appropriate here, being that Pico is our home mountain. This was our first edit from 2 season ago. Only a month and half away from Opening day! :-)

https://www.albaadventures.com/adventures/winter/alba-adventures-season-4-episode-1-one-day-picovt/

MilkyWookiee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would tell Okemo to invest some of that epic vail money into whatever is necessary to make the bubble chairs run in the wind. It’s so senseless to me that they built wind proof lifts that don’t function in the wind!

I’d also tell them that they should offer adult group lessons beyond the beginner level, and they should bring back the waawaa one day clinics!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would tell Okemo to invest some of that epic vail money into whatever is necessary to make the bubble chairs run in the wind. It’s so senseless to me that they built wind proof lifts that don’t function in the wind!

I’d also tell them that they should offer adult group lessons beyond the beginner level, and they should bring back the waawaa one day clinics!

It is sort of crazy about the bubble chairs. I’m told Some of it is how the lift reacts to the changes in weight and distance between the chairs. Since it’s computerized this system ‘expects’ to see what it is programmed for. And, since I race sailboats in the summer and I am way too familiar with wind, not enough or too much, the windage involved in something that big is difficult and unpredictable. Worst is when people leave the hood up and it is windy. At the summit a good gust will practically dump you out.

I’m with you on higher level group lessons.

kiki

Angel Diva
My home mountain is whistler. I love it, despite the crowds!

But given the crowds, they need more spots to stop mid mountain with bathrooms and to grab a warm meal. The crowds at lunch are aweful, you often can't find a single spot to sit. Sometimes when i can't find a spot to sit for lunch i then go back out and take the peak to peak (gondola) back and forth so i have a spot to eat a power bar and let my legs rest, but i would rather sit in the cafeteria eating chilli!

And the racks with ski locks - they need more of them and many are broken. Some TLC and some additional racks that allow ski locks are sorely needed!

Finally, i love our mountain hosts and patrolers, they keep the mountain safe amd inviting, and i hope vail keeps them!

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i think the owners of Polar own Wachusett. So, not weird at all. Just good business.

Ha! I meant that my complaint was weird. I knew about the Polar connection. Maybe good business, but the OP was asking what we would tell our home mountain. That's what I would say--lol.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna