• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What would you tell your home mountain?

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Agree about the food. Need better and less expensive.

I would ask Keystone to replace the Wayback quad with a HSQ.

Jilly

Staff member
With Alterra buying Tremblant it's going to be an interesting season coming up. They are making major changes with an updated lift and expanding the top lodge. But there needs to be another lift 1/2 way up the north side where the old T bar used to be. Also I agree about more terrIan. It's fine to add lifts and beds, but that creates more people on the trails.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
If A-Basin would get off the Epic Pass, I feel like early and late season skiing there would be way less of a fiasco. A-Basin getting off the Epic Pass (and maybe not even getting on another group pass!) is my Colorado dream.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Stop fake advertising. Its not as good as you report it so stop trying to get all of So Cal to drive up for a $hit $how weekend. Oh and you might want to re-think your avalanche control and open runs on those pressure weekends when all of So Cal is up b/c you advertised how good it was going to be and dodged a big bullet when there were limited injuries on what could have been a major disaster.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Having been to a number of places with volunteer mountain hosts stationed at the base in recent years, I think Massanutten would benefit greatly if there were 1-2 hosts for an hour or two on weekend mornings. All they need is a resort vest or light jacket (in Virginia after all). Even if only during holiday periods, would help first time guests who generally rent gear spend less time being confused about which way to walk. First impressions count.

A full process analysis by Snow Operating for first time skiers/boarders would be ideal. The flow for families who take kids for ski school improved a great deal after the ski school building was built. But for tween/teen and adult beginners, it's still a bit stressful to rent gear and get to the never-ever lesson even though the signage is pretty clear and the distance they need to walk carrying their gear is relatively short.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I want rest rooms to be on the ground floor so I don’t have to go downstairs in ski boots when I need to pee.

And reinforce the “No Bags left at the Table” rule. Either that, or build more cubbies.

MsWax

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want rest rooms to be on the ground floor so I don’t have to go downstairs in ski boots when I need to pee.

And reinforce the “No Bags left at the Table” rule. Either that, or build more cubbies.

Yes to ALL of this!!!

Also, if the groomers could take some lessons at other mountains, that would be great. I love the upgraded snowmaking, but sometimes they seem confused about how best to use it!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm very impressed with the alternative energy powder sources that Jiminy Peak, Berkshire East, and Mt. Abrams have implemented in the last 5-10 years. Would be nice to have all smaller mountains learn from their success at becoming 100% self-sufficient for electricity.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And?? Since we base at the same place!

Sheesh.

Okay, I'd ask them to do a better job of communicating to the public when a lift is down. All it'd take is a message on a white board at the base of Jackson Gore to let people know when the Sunburst Six is on hold. I hate getting allllllllllllllllll the way over there and then finding out the lift is closed. These guys have phones! They can do this! Even asking the lifties is no help. They'll say they don't know the status of other lifts. Which is ridiculous. So yeah, better communication between one lift and another, and better communication of lift status to the public in general. (On line updates aren't enough. This requires a physical presence on the mountain.)

And what about you, @Abbi?

Last edited:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sheesh.

Okay, I'd ask them to do a better job of communicating to the public when a lift is down. All it'd take is a message on a white board at the base of Jackson Gore to let people know when the Sunburst Six is on hold. I hate getting allllllllllllllllll the way over there and then finding out the lift is closed. These guys have phones! They can do this! Even asking the lifties is no help. They'll say they don't know the status of other lifts. Which is ridiculous. So yeah, better communication between one lift and another, and better communication of lift status to the public in general. (On line updates aren't enough. This requires a physical presence on the mountain.)

And what about you, @Abbi?

I hadn’t thought of that, being mid summer, and that’s a really good one. It is very irritating to get all the way across and find out you’re sitting there and/or having to take the short lift to get up. On the same sort of topic, I’d like to know before I go all the way into the lodge if the quantum chair is down. An ambassador at the arch could advise so you could just say if you want to risk waiting or go to another part of the mountain directly. Usually now I look as I’m driving up. If I don’t see it moving I consider whether not I want to go in or just go to the main base.

So basically it’s communication to the customers. I’d like the grooming list to match on a regular basis. There are days you can tell it hasn’t been updated yet. And I’ve thought a lot was left ungroomed this past year compared to previous years. Ungroomed is fun for new snow. When it’s become big icy, rutted moguls the fun factor is gone for lots of people. Or at least run a decent escape lane.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I was impressed by the signage at Telluride. One of the features that made good sense that I don't remember seeing before was that the posts with the trail names had colors painted near the top to indicate the type of terrain in the area. For instance, could be green and blue, or just black. Useful at a bigger mountain.

Even for destination resorts with fancy apps that provide lift status and trail status updates, still need to provide appropriate info the old fashioned way via signage or informing staff who are interacting with paying customers.

mustski

Angel Diva
Sheesh.

Okay, I'd ask them to do a better job of communicating to the public when a lift is down. ..... I hate getting allllllllllllllllll the way over there and then finding out the lift is closed. These guys have phones! They can do this!
I hate when that happens. It happened to us last year - ski patrol opened an area before the lifts were running. We had to hike out!

At BBMR - I would tell them ... this is not Mammoth. This town does not have a decent public transportation system. We had to pay the sheriff's department overtime pay to direct ski traffic on weekends during the worst snow season in 15 years simply because you sell far more lift tickets that you have parking. You must limit ticket sales to the amount of parking you have available. There is no street parking in BB during the winter!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone else have anything they'd like to tell their home mountain?:bump:

Divegirl

Angel Diva
My "home" is Wachusett.
First the good - restrooms are all on the 1 floor, the snowmakers and groomers do an excellent job managing the natural and man-made snow. Love the Labor Day sale stuff, too. Demo guys are excellent, also. Whole ski shop is excellent.
Improvements/wishes -
1. Bring back the semi-homemade cookies. The pre-packaged ones are horrible but good for me since I only ate them once. I loved the white chocolate cranberry and the triple chocolate for the ride home.
2. If you get a good snow storm and decide not to groom on of the black trails - post a notice on the doors and update your trail report. Not everyone wants to or can ski bumps. I hyper-extended my thumb after getting caught in this last year.
3. Week day skiers would love some spring conditions and I for one want to get better and more comfortable in spring conditions - stop closing the mountain during weekdays so you can save the snow for the weekends or at least give us maybe a Weds to ski. Not everyone can or wants to ski the weekend.
4. If I drop my skis off for a quick tune - please ask me if I need/want the tips detuned - I tend to forget to ask this for some reason and get nailed every time.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna