• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What color is your ski jacket?

What color is your ski jacket?

• Red

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • White

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Jacket 1 - copper, burnt orange Sessions

Jacket 2 - light sage & grey North Face

Jacket 3 - Blue Helly Hansen work uniform/jacket

Jacket 4 - white w/ fur trim hood Burton.

I think i got too many jackets. But it depends on the weather!! You gotta be stylin!:beer:

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, sounds like we should start a support group for compulsive jacket buyers! I'd definitely have to join.

I like to be colorful, as opposed to black or earth tones. Which has its benefits, I suppose; until I read this thread I didn't even think about visibility issues. Here's my jacket quiver:

-pale red Cloudveil hard shell with some off-white accents
-pale blue Cloudveil soft shell with some white as well
-bright yellow-greenish Mtn Hardwear insulated jacket with some gray on the sleeves.
-and of course my patrol jacket, which is just plain red...

skigrl27

I may be strictly a "skigrl"...but I love how the style is starting to meld into snowboard/ski/ride/whatever...cuz the snowboard pants are where it's at...so much more comfy!

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So far, you're the only Diva I know (besides me) with a Burton jacket! Any other Divas out there with one?:cool:

I also have a Burton Shell, cream with yellow & grey trim. I used to snowboard some, but wear this jacket more for skiing.
Let's talk pants now. I own 3 pair of Burton snowboard pants and 1 pair of DNA ski pants. At the time I bought them the snowboard pants were much more comfortable than any ski pants I could find. A lot of them have insulation in the butt, which is an area that I always get cold.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may be strictly a "skigrl"...but I love how the style is starting to meld into snowboard/ski/ride/whatever...cuz the snowboard pants are where it's at...so much more comfy!

I saw some board pants the other day that were pretty cool, but do they fit correctly, like over a skiboot, do they have an additional cuff?, access to buckles and such?
thx

Jilly

Staff member
Pretty much the same. I've got "freeride" pants from Rossi. But they're snowboard pants. Fleece on the butt - its great!!

skigrl27

Yes - my Burton pants I just bought are great. Tried them out last Sunday. The women's sizes run generously, but have adjustable velcro straps in the waist. The length and width at the bottom is great over my ski boots - and there is a nice elastic liner that fits nice and snug over my boots as well. Most stylish pants I've ever worn.

Also - my resort just switched our uniforms to Helly Hansen. We decided to only offer the snowboard pant this year for instructors, patrol, etc. And everyone seems thrilled at the decision and how the new uniforms look. I haven't gotten my Helly pants yet - but I've seen them...and they look even more stylish than my Burton's. A real nice grey color too.

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I saw some board pants the other day that were pretty cool, but do they fit correctly, like over a skiboot, do they have an additional cuff?, access to buckles and such?
thx
Mine have an inner cuff with elastic that pulls down over the boot. The only problem I've seen is that some of the snowboard pants don't have the extra edge protection fabric on the inside of the cuff. I have cut the pants with edge of my ski on 1 pair that I own.

kentish

Certified Ski Diva
My outfit is all pink. Top to toe solid pink. It's embarrassing! I was considering buying a new different coloured jacket (because I love the pants!) but since I can't find a cheap deal, I'll just have to face the season in all pink again. Argh.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2 shades of blue for my North Face jacket, paired with black EMS bibs or EMS gore-tex pants (for warmer days). I wanted something a little more "girly" this season, so I ordered the Oakley Formula jacket that was on SAC in salmon... but it's really orangey IRL so I'm selling it.

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My outfit is all pink. Top to toe solid pink. It's embarrassing! I was considering buying a new different coloured jacket (because I love the pants!) but since I can't find a cheap deal, I'll just have to face the season in all pink again. Argh.

put stickers and/or patches on your jacket, haha

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga