• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What color is your ski jacket?

What color is your ski jacket?

• Red

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • White

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Cloudveil RPK for most days is plum. My Phenix insulated jacket, which I hardly ever wear anymore because the RPK is so versatile, is ice blue and gray. I also have several vests (Isis, Ibex, Northface) for those rare hot days, and they're all in the magenta-plum-eggplant tonal range. Pants are either black or gray. I agree with SnowHot, reds are difficult to match and even blend, so I stay away from it.

Greeley

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where do I start? I go for a variety of colors and I have a clothing obsession.
The insulated jacket I currently wear the most is a DNA that is green with orange trim.
I also have a Cloudveil jacket that is a funky faded redish/pinkish color. I wear it mainly for casual use now, it has off-white on the shoulders & sleeves that gets absolutley filthy while skiing.
I just bought a new DNA spring jacket last April, it is a medium blue with tan trim. I couldn't pass it up - 75% off at Aspen Sports. It replaced a blue North Face that has always bugged me with it's pocket defficieny.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So much for red being the most popular color!

As for white, the jackets that looked the best on me in the store had large amounts of white. Fortunately my good sense said, "Hey, stupid! Look at all the white on this jacket, you don't want that!" before I laid out $400 for a laundry problem. Seriously, at Big Mountain, white would also be a safety issue!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:help: I have a problem :fear:

Most women buy shoes or purses, I buy jackets.

Spyder jacket #1: Authentic US Ski Team 2002 Olympic jacket, light blue
Spyder jacket #2: Black with red and white
Spyder jacket #3: Royal blue with yellow (old Crystal Mtn instructor's jacket)
Spyder long jacket: Bright red with navy and royal (old Mt Holly instructor's jacket)
Marker long shell: Royal with yellow and orange and white
Marker short shell: Slate and grey
Salomon long soft shell: Total ninja...black, long, hooded!
Descent short soft shell: Bright red
Obermeyer short soft shell: Red and white
Crystal Mtn short soft shell: Pretty, pretty pink!
Brand-spankin' new for this year - Volkl jacket: Black with white and lime :yahoo:
(Geez, I feel like I'm forgetting some :confused: )

The scariest thing is that hubby's jacket collection is bigger than mine :eek:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So much for red being the most popular color!
Seriously, at Big Mountain, white would also be a safety issue!

You can say that again and, you can say that again!

I am always thinking bright colors in case I get stuck in a tree well or worse or just plain lost, but I never thought of this hazard. It is very credible though, good point!

SnowDancer

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My favorite is an old Mobius 3-in-1 that's dark teal w/deep gold accents; my new jacket is a soft sage green w/white & black

And several pairs of black pants that go with whatever's on top!

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a black jacket with dark gray side panels last year. It's one of those 3-in-1 things, and it's OK but not the best I've ever had.

I have been drooling over an Arc'teryx lately, but I don't think I can justify the $500. What I like about the Arc'teryx is its length - a bit longer than the one I have.

Marigee

Angel Diva
I have two jackets. The one I use the most is mostly pink and white with some gray/black accents. My boys really like me to wear it because they have an easy time finding me in it.

My other jacket is pale blue with some black trim.

I might buy another jacket this year - but I have a hard time finding one that fits me the way I like (I have really short arms) and has colors I like.

altagirl

Staff member
Mine is blue, but it's a neon/electric/turquoise blue.

My alternate jacket is a kiwi/pear green.

marta

Angel Diva
Mine's brown with retro rainbow stripes on the shoulders. Matching brown pants. Although sometimes I wear my pair of vintage 80's pants instead.:love:

w.ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The one I wear most is black (I like the ninja thing, too), but my favorite jacket is a 15 year old bogner - orange and aqua with hibiscus and stars embroidered on the front, surfer dudes on the sleeves, and a half nude girl in a grass skirt on the back. It's just a tad over the top. I bring it out every now and then when the weather is nice and I want to give people a laugh.

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have two. One is a Marker, black with this super water resistant shell. The lining is gold. I hate it! The other is red, is a 2 in 1 deal. I hate that one too but it has a ton of pockets and I have to carry everything for my family in it- camera, money, tissues, candy/granola bars. I want to get a new one!

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Most women buy shoes or purses, I buy jackets.

Yes, this is my problem, except I'm also buying the shoes and purses.
Pink, plum, aubergine print, chartreuse, seafoam green, orange, red, brown, bright purple, black, yellow, light blue.... those are left after editing out what I will eventually sell or give away. Yes, it's a problem.

Look at all the white on this jacket, you don't want that!" before I laid out $400 for a laundry problem. Seriously, at Big Mountain, white would also be a safety issue!

I tried to explain to a friend who loves white and light gray ski gear (with a white helmet, white gloves, white poles, mostly white skis...) that she can't be seen. Once when three of us were skiing in almost white out conditions, our friend (who was behind her) lost sight of the white jacket and went in another direction. We spent an hour worrying and searching for her. We won't discuss how many times she's been hit in these conditions. Still, she loves it.

Ladies, please combine white with a bright or dark color!

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
These are my current jackets:

o Winter shell in plum
o Winter shell in dark blue green
o Spring shell in green/white
o Soft shell in orange

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a black insulated Patagonia, a yellow Arc'teryx shell, and a red Salomon softshell. I also have a gray Arc'teryx and black Mammut softshells that I wear alone only on warm days, usually they are underneath layers.

I struggle to not buy multiple jackets. I just turned down a Cloudveil softshell (Headwall jacket) for $80 ... I'd like to say it was self-discipline, but the real reason I didn't buy was that one was black, the other red, and I already have those colors.

(My problem area now is tennis shoes. As in, shoes for tennis, not sneakers. I have four or five of the same style in different colorways, for clay, and then a couple others for hard courts, etc. My feet suck, so cute shoes are hard to buy any more.)

Ladies, please combine white with a bright or dark color!

Thanks for sharing. It hadn't really occurred to me that a white jacket isn't the safest. Not a big deal here on the East Coast on groomed runs on smaller mountains, but in larger areas, trees, and out West it is a serious concern. I've skied at Big Sky when it's snowing and very quietly populated.... My helmet is black as are my pants, but I might get myself some kind of outer vest with a reflector to wear in heavy snow conditions to help maintain my visibility when I'm wearing that jacket.....

bklyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
...My helmet is black as are my pants, but I might get myself some kind of outer vest with a reflector to wear in heavy snow conditions to help maintain my visibility when I'm wearing that jacket.....

Actually something with a reflector wouldn't work as well, because in snowy or foggy conditions the light is so diffused that a reflector wouldn't work.

Greens, browns, and grays that would blend in with trees, rocks and snow aren't good either. But another bright color or pastel would be good.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga