• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What color is your ski jacket?

What color is your ski jacket?

• Red

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Blue

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • White

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Pink

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Someone I know swears that red is the most common ski jacket color. Another person says blue.

So what color is your jacket? Let's find out if either of them are right.

BTW, if you have more than one, try to select the one you use the most.

abc

Banned
Red is the easest to match. There're no different shades of red. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised it that's the most popular color.

Mine is wine color. It's too dark to be mistaken for red. Though it's kind of red'ish.

sibhusky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine is a two tone red now, from Arc'teryx. The prior one was blue. Before that it was a gray and black and yellow, before that it was purple. Before that it was black with yellow stitching. Before that, red and white, I think. Before that, navy. Before that, pale blue.

I think I can safely say I'm not in a rut. I have a "second" jacket that is khaki and black.

Needless to say, the current pants are black and have been for a long time. The purple jacket was a one piece, so the pants were purple and the jacket with the yellow stitching had purple STRETCH pants!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Mine's black because it pleases my inner ninja. Seriously though, it's more or less my favorite color and it goes well with other black pieces or pretty much any color. Though the ninjability is a bonus.

Jilly

Staff member
Mine's brown. But I do have 2 other suits. A Phenix blue jacket with charcoal pants and my old instructor suit that is gee - RED and grey.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Red is right

I think red is the most common, ski patrol, instructors etc all wear it and it is perennial. Red I think is so universal because it stands out, for you know safety etc etc..... On area I ski in whatever is dark enough to hide the grease that our chairlift drips. Nice huh? Off area, I do go brighter. I figure if anything ever happened I'd be easier to find. Maybe not alot of truth there, but it makes me feel better. (Black on area )

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Black here, also. I have no fashion sense (really) but figure black, gray, and white are pretty safe together. :smile:

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a new jacket and it's two shades of green (Mountain Hardwear). My old one is grey and a very bright blue.

My parka is white and I also have a new Burton soft shell that's black that should be great for milder days. I pretty much wear black, white, off white, and brown, so nothing clashes and because I look best in neutrals. I do have some cute new goggles to add some color this Winter though (1 pr. lavendar for flat light and 1 pr. sage green for bluebird days).

I always wear black pants, so lot's of different colors of jackets can go with that! I have several jackets....but while I look in my closet, it appears they all fall into the family of purples and lavenders. I do have a white quilted ski jacket as well.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Red is the easest to match. There're no different shades of red. So yes, I wouldn't be surprised it that's the most popular color.

Mine is wine color. It's too dark to be mistaken for red. Though it's kind of red'ish.
I'm sorry to to disagree, but there are sooooooo many shades of red, that I've had a hard time matching some of the stuff I have.
There is tomato red, inferno red, Chili red, ........shall I go on.
I really had a hard time matching a pair of pants to a jacket a few years ago and said, never again. Ugh!

I like white because you can mix it with shades of anything you want for a classic look
I like to mix it with browns and greens.

hp72

Diva in Training
I bought a pale blue Cloudveil jacket at the end of last season - and I love it! It goes great with my black or white pants....I had another blue before that. I also have a periwinkle/lavender Isis soft shell for warmer days. I am a bit of a jacket collector. Always seeing something new that catches my eye. Unfortunately (and probably best for the bottom line) my husband keeps the spending in check.

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Purple softshell, purple hardshell, black pants.

Green goggles, bright orange (or green) hat. Seriously, it's not as bad as it sounds. :rolleyes:

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm with num on the ninja-ness. Except this year my ninja status may be in question because I bought a pair of tan ski pants.

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have two... last year's is light blue and my brand spankin' new northface wavy is jet black :love:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
(my parachute has a hole in it)

My jacket is white with cool purples and blues around the fleece color. I have navy cold-weather bibs and want to buy new black pants-a little more stretchy for early/late season.

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
I like white because you can mix it with shades of anything you want for a classic look

My jacket is mostly white with some blue, and the white just never gets clean anymore no matter how much I wash it. I'm going with something a little darker when I get a new jacket this season.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna