• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals for the 2022-2023 ski season?

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you for starting this thread for this coming season. I have not had a new goal in a while, and my last one was learning to ski fast which had the added bonus of finally teaching me how to link short radius and bigger radius carved turns...not easy for a soft snow addict.

Having faced some health/fitness challenges these past few years, my goal is to get back to where I can ski long, steep, off piste runs more aggressively than I did prior to learning to carve, with the big caveat of being strong enough to do so without getting hurt.

My plan is to try to make time to go to my workout classes after the ski fitness 12 week program ends at the gym. I also will make it a goal to squeeze in a hard run even on days when I teach lower level students. Finally, setting my intention to ski it dynamically at the start of each hard run for myself, not just focusing on my students. I have what it takes to do both but often get lazy brain syndrome and ski it passively.

There, I posted it out loud. Now I get to live up to my plan! Whoot whoot.

@MissySki you are so not failing at #1! Think of all the raers in various disciplines of skiing. I bet their primary goal remains fairly constant as there is always a way to improve. Is there a way to break down the goals further? For example, maintaining same speed for 20 bumps, flowing a tighter line on the same run amd video at start and end of season, keep vision 2 bumps ahead and count how many you can do before breaking the pattern, or any other specific skill needed for successful and fun bump runs.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
1) edge transitions so that I’m more confident when carving
2) more time skiing in a variety of conditions so that I can feel more confident and get out of my head
3) have fun and enjoy flowing

I gained a little weight (perimenopause and general sloppiness) this year, so I’m hoping to lose that and my COVID weight between now and the end of the season. *ugh, eye roll at myself*

I’ll be in Austria the first week of March, and depending on how life and flights work out, I kind of want to do a little day trip to ski if I can squeeze it in!?

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1) edge transitions so that I’m more confident when carving
2) more time skiing in a variety of conditions so that I can feel more confident and get out of my head
3) have fun and enjoy flowing

I gained a little weight (perimenopause and general sloppiness) this year, so I’m hoping to lose that and my COVID weight between now and the end of the season. *ugh, eye roll at myself*

I’ll be in Austria the first week of March, and depending on how life and flights work out, I kind of want to do a little day trip to ski if I can squeeze it in!?
Austria how exciting for you :ski:

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Where are you skiing in Austria?
I’m going for work. I don’t know if I’ll have time to ski - because not sure what I will have going on there, and we do have a lot of things going on at home too! (I have to come back for SPRINGSTEEN!!! … real first world problems)

From what I have gathered, you can take a train to several places and enjoy a day on the slopes. Probably just pop over to Semmering. If my schedule lets me, then I’ll research like a maniac. :smile: Any thoughts?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I’m going for work. I don’t know if I’ll have time to ski - because not sure what I will have going on there, and we do have a lot of things going on at home too! (I have to come back for SPRINGSTEEN!!! … real first world problems)

From what I have gathered, you can take a train to several places and enjoy a day on the slopes. Probably just pop over to Semmering. If my schedule lets me, then I’ll research like a maniac. :smile: Any thoughts?
I've only skied in Austria twice; once in 2011 and once in 2017.....
Will you be near Kitzbuhel?

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My main goal this season is to increase my comfort and ability on steeper trails. I made good progress last year with improving my form (and the more I learn, the further I realize I have to go!), but it all falls apart as soon as I'm scared of a slope's steepness. I'm not talking super steep - I'd love to be more comfortable on easier black trails.

I may also be in the market for new skis, but I'm not calling that a "goal" :laugh:

Not sure where to start but I will be in good physical shape at the start of the season (probably early January the way the weather is going) and that's very exciting. 1) have fun 2) not get injured 3) ski more forward and fluidly 4) improve comfort level and skill in bumps and trees 5) ski 20+ days.

Karenfrances

Certified Ski Diva
I have just made plans to hit one of my goals for this season, which is to ski in Colorado with an old family friend. She is 88 and still skiing -- we are going out and skiing with her at the end of January. I have not seen her in more than 15 years so this will be a real treat. We will see if the teenager and I can keep up with her!

My other goal is to be better at using my schedule flexibility this winter and do some mid-week daytrips. Which mostly limits me to Whitetail, but maybe I will get up extra early one morning and make it to WV for the day.

edelweissmaedl

Angel Diva

Sounds like you‘re going to Vienna then?

EdithP

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, guys, you are starting from so high up and have such ambitious goals, it will be a lesson in humility to tell you mine. But accountability increases motivation, so here goes mine:
To make the most of the trip to Italian Alps this March where I will be going on a 6 day camp. To continue weekly lessons on the carpet. With the intention of learning to properly carve turns by the end of 2023.
Wishing you all that your goals may come to fruition.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Ah, guys, you are starting from so high up and have such ambitious goals, it will be a lesson in humility to tell you mine. But accountability increases motivation, so here goes mine:
To make the most of the trip to Italian Alps this March where I will be going on a 6 day camp. To continue weekly lessons on the carpet. With the intention of learning to properly carve turns by the end of 2023.
Wishing you all that your goals may come to fruition.
Have a wonderful trip! And that’s amazing that you are taking weekly lessons. You will improve in no time!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna