• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals for the 2022-2023 ski season?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
If you are a goal-setter, what are your goals for this season? I have a few this year:

- continue progressing my bump skiing and comfort in varied terrain
- practice riding switch on my snowboard more often and make myself do it whenever I’m riding (except in powder of course)
- get through the season uninjured!

What about you?

MissySki

Angel Diva
1) My top goal has been the same for too many years lol.. to continue progressing in bump and tree skiing. I wish I had an actual metric to evaluate my progress toward that though. Obviously I've been falling short of whatever internal mechanism I'm using to measure since it's always my goal!

2) Finally do a ski week at Taos to see what all the hype is about!

3) Ski with my favorite band in January at Beaver Creek!

4) Stay healthy and uninjured to accomplish all of the things and trips planning this season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Staying uninjured is probably the top goal. Having strained a calf muscle early last season (on a groomer), it's a clearer thought than before. The strain didn't fully resolve for quite a while so even though I was able to ski challenging terrain, I dialed it back on occasion.

Getting back to Big Sky was the goal when I was planning out the upcoming season. Can't wait to check out the new lifts.

Jilly

Staff member
Ski more. Last winter I was training for the CCWC's. So lots of indoor training. I in fact told the coach on Sunday that I was not pool paddling this winter. It's a 2 hour drive each way, for 1 hour in the pool. Not really feasible in my mind. I'll work on my home P'erg during the week and ski on the weekends...

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
- Ski LOTS more: finally get to do 2 BTB Adult Ski Wks at TSV and then stay there several
more wks to practice what I learned.
- Progress onto Black terrain at TSV; ski Lorelei run
- Bumps and trees, like everyone else
- Finally get to meet lots more Ski Divas (to see what the hype is all about, LOL), and ski
with those I've met before

Dtrick924

Angel Diva
Finding new midweek ski buddies among the Divas and/or getting comfortable skiing by myself. I lost my regular ski buddy in 2018 and haven't been back on the slopes since the pandemic started.

Get a better brace for my knee/remain uninjured.

Ski trip with my brother in the Berkshires depending on his health. Our last trip together was Feb 2019 when we went to NH. We'd like to make a loop and ski Catamount, Jiminy Peak, and Berkshire East.

kmb5662

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
- I also have the goal of continuing to improve my bump/tree skiing
- Learning to ski switch and do some small jumps in the park. I often ski at small ski hills in the Mid-Atlantic and learning to do some basic park tricks would be fun and to help keep things interesting. I have no further park goals/interests beyond that.
- Continuing on the lifelong journey of working on improving my carving technique

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Make the occasional improvement and not completely backslide into what I usually do! Hanging out on snow with friends. Breathing fresh air and generally enjoying the world.
Are you skiing in Vermont this season? Stratton?

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
I live in Ludlow near Okemo in the winter. So I ski there and Stratton, usually. I take over 50 season long group lessons at Stratton. Fun times!
Fun! I don’t make it down to Stratton but if you ever wanted to meet up at Sugarbush or Killington on a Sunday, I’d be up for it!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Continue to work on my right leg strength which I realized yesterday is still weaker than my left. Take some runs in the spring and recapture the joy of skiing.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just want to end the season with the same number of bones and ligaments I started with. To stay safe and enjoy a full season with no injuries or falls for that matter. I’m currently working on losing weight (9lbs down!) and doing a lot of run/walks to up my endurance and strengthen my legs - to reduce odds of injury and simply be able to ski longer ski days.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna