• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals for the 2022-2023 ski season?

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
Ah, guys, you are starting from so high up and have such ambitious goals, it will be a lesson in humility to tell you mine. But accountability increases motivation, so here goes mine:
To make the most of the trip to Italian Alps this March where I will be going on a 6 day camp. To continue weekly lessons on the carpet. With the intention of learning to properly carve turns by the end of 2023.
Wishing you all that your goals may come to fruition.
As I strive to drop 30 lbs to return to my most athletic body, I’m reminded of a saying that I find motivational in this endeavor…

“While you’re on your journey to YOUR after, remember that where you are now is someone ELSE’S goal”

We are all where we are… :smile:

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I strive to drop 30 lbs to return to my most athletic body, I’m reminded of a saying that I find motivational in this endeavor…

“While you’re on your journey to YOUR after, remember that where you are now is someone ELSE’S goal”

We are all where we are… :smile:
I love this quote !!! :love:

SquidWeaselYay

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just to TAKE A LESSON, ANY LESSON! I failed at this goal the past 3 years. Really need to get eyes on my form and correct some sloppy habits. I spent the past year getting into heavy strength training, so I am hoping that being in better shape will help me be a stronger skier with some instruction. I don't want to just be making the same mistakes...but with more power lol.

shadoj

Angel Diva
My roommate (patroller) told me my goal to ski more smoothly and symmetrically this year was coming along nicely today. Plus, I looked more powerful than last year! Really nice compliments, since I was really "feeling" my skis today!

Checked off a goal of completing pre-arrangements for my first Diva East this year! Woohoo!

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love this post …and always love to have a goal; this season:
- more uphill; finally have my AT set up & want to spend more time enjoying the up.
-trees/bumps; always a work in progress…last season was tough for trees due to lack of atrial snow (looking at you Mother Nature)
-safety first; know my limitations and don’t do anything stupid!
-get more days in; finally have a seasonal rental, so now I don’t have any excuses, except work, but need to make the time to get out on a weekday here and there!
Here’s to a great and snowy ski season Divas …..

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Love this post …and always love to have a goal; this season:
- more uphill; finally have my AT set up & want to spend more time enjoying the up.
-trees/bumps; always a work in progress…last season was tough for trees due to lack of atrial snow (looking at you Mother Nature)
-safety first; know my limitations and don’t do anything stupid!
-get more days in; finally have a seasonal rental, so now I don’t have any excuses, except work, but need to make the time to get out on a weekday here and there!
Here’s to a great and snowy ski season Divas …..
Where’s your seasonal rental (if you’re comfortable sharing)? And where will you be touring?

Luvs2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where’s your seasonal rental (if you’re comfortable sharing)? And where will you be touring?
We’re renting in Peru; since Stratton is our “home” mountain; my son is a patroller there but is also at school (Castleton’s RHM program at Killington), so the location works well, since he toggles back/forth. I will mostly tour at Stratton and occasionally at Killington; Sugarbush is my all time fave place to ski, so if conditions present themselves; I always make the ride up to the MRV.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
We’re renting in Peru; since Stratton is our “home” mountain; my son is a patroller there but is also at school (Castleton’s RHM program at Killington), so the location works well, since he toggles back/forth. I will mostly tour at Stratton and occasionally at Killington; Sugarbush is my all time fave place to ski, so if conditions present themselves; I always make the ride up to the MRV.
Awesome! Let me (and @echo_VT too, I’m guessing) know if you ever want to get out to tour up Mt Ellen!

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
1) edge transitions so that I’m more confident when carving
2) more time skiing in a variety of conditions so that I can feel more confident and get out of my head
3) have fun and enjoy flowing
Pretty sure today was my last day for the season.

1) check - I finally got the 2/4/2 mostly figured out.
2) check - today was my nemesis of conditions: flat light, actively snowing, combination of mashed potatoes in some parts and corduroy, and chunks of ice and then also delightful snow. I HAD A BLAST!!!
3) check - my lesson this year REALLY was helpful and I plan to take another early season lesson next year and hopefully also a camp

Now to start thinking about next year’s goals.

Any others done?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna