• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 22/23

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Final day at Wachusett for this season for me since I can't go next week due to work. Conditions today started out relatively soft as I don't think it got much below freezing over night. Definitely different from Monday for sure. I only skied until noon, as it started to get sticky towards the bottom. I pulled another freshly waxed pair of skis out of my car but it was still grabby so I quit while I was ahead. It's times like these I wish all their lifts didn't start from the base, as it definitely was better closer to the top.
Hopefully I can get a few more days in up in VT before calling it a season.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett is trying to be more organized this year, and has just sent out an email about pass sales for next season. Current passholders can purchase on May 3, and then passes go on sale to the general public on May 8. There's also a $20 discount for reloading your pass this year. Pass prices have not been posted yet though. I'm hoping they'll get pass prices up before they go on sale. The group coordinator center is also not up at the moment, but I'm hoping to be able to use the GPS group name SkiDiva again for an extra $10 off. I'll try to find out before they go on sale in case anyone here is interested in using it too.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd like to use the GPS group name again if we can. I'm planning to downgrade my pass from Gold to Bronze for next season; I wonder if the reload will work for me. I may call to find out.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had the Steel pass this past year, I'm debating between that and my usual Bronze. The Steel is so much cheaper, but I always worry that the best snow and weather will just happen to be on Fridays if I get the Steel.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm considering Steel as well. It will depend on the price difference. I got an Indy+ pass for the first time for next season and I plan to use that on weekends, likely traveling on a lot of Fridays.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I got the notice today, too. Planning on getting a Bronze Pass again. Also got an Indy pass. I want to try to travel around NE next year. I have jury duty starting next Thurs - is it wrong of me not to want to be seated so I can get my pass on 5/3 or as fast as possible :noidea::becky:?

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yup, saw that email as well. I wonder how "competitive" the presale will be---will it be like trying to get concert tickets?:rotf: But seriously, does anyone know how fast different options sold out in previous years? I plan to buy on May 3 anyway assuming the website doesn't crash at 10am, but just wondering.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As I recall, Steel passes sold out very quickly last year, Gold remained available for a couple (few?) weeks but also eventually sold out. I don’t think they’ve done a presale for prior pass holders before the general sale (or am I wrong about that?).

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I don't recall there being a pre-sale before either. I though they just announced the date when passes would go on sale and it was a free for all, but I could be wrong.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No pre-sale in prior years. Unless they are limiting sales more than last year there should be no problem renewing.

BlueSkies

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No pre-sale in prior years. Unless they are limiting sales more than last year there should be no problem renewing.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Got an email back from Wachusett group sales today. They say the group is active for GPS discounts, and to have people use the group pass code SKIDV. Which is not as good and easy to remember as the code SkiDiva that I had before, but whatever. Spread the word, anyone can buy through the Group Season pass section.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A few more details on the pass sales from their insta page- Prices will be posted this Tuesday, April 25. Prices will go up by $50 on June 1, and by $100 on Oct 11. They are also charging $10 this year for phone orders. In person and online sales have no processing fees. And pass numbers will be limited again this year. I saw that @jmfd84 asked about changing pass levels, and Wawa responded that you will still get the discount if you change pass levels, you just need to have the rfid card to get it. From that I am guessing that if you have a rfid card from a previous year you could still try the code out. I'll be back on Tuesday with GPS pass prices :smile:

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just coming here to share what they told me on Insta but @diymom beat me to it! :D I’m really glad you can select any pass level.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A day late, but prices are up now. Both up on the site, and like everything else, up in how much. C'est la vie.

Early pricing is: Gold - $749 or $739 Group Sales (code skidv)
Silver $539 or $529
Bronze $389 or $379
Steel $249 or $239

I think I'm going to get the Steel.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Let's just make it official and say I'm going crazy. Never has Wachusett had a reload discount. Always have I kept my passes in the exact same place. The one being used is in the sleeve pocket. The ones not being used in an rfid blocking wallet in an inside pocket. Found the wallet. Found my Ikon, my TSV weekday, my 4 day Epic. Umm, where are the rest? Importantly, where is my Wachusett pass to reload? But it isn't just the Wachusett that is missing. It is all of the random rfid passes that can be reloaded,. It is the Big Snow pass that still has money on it. I've been through every pocket in the coat I wore this winter, multiple times. I've been through every pocket in every coat I didn't wear this winter. Same for ski pants. My boot bag, including inside my helmet and boots. My goggle case. My ski bags. My suitcase. How? Why? Aarrrghhhhh!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, nvm. The world has not ended, I'll stop playing Chicken Little. Turns out I didn't take them out west with me, but instead had left them at home in a "safe place so I wouldn't lose them." :bag: Now I just need to clean up the mess I made while searching. Sigh.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, nvm. The world has not ended, I'll stop playing Chicken Little. Turns out I didn't take them out west with me, but instead had left them at home in a "safe place so I wouldn't lose them." :bag: Now I just need to clean up the mess I made while searching. Sigh.
Well, all's well that ends well - at least that's what I tell myself when things like this happen. I've spent 20 minutes searching for my glasses only to realize they are ... on my head. It happens!

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The latest email from Wachusett has a different code for the presale $20 off compared to their prior email. I also doubt we will be able to combine the presale reload discount with the GPS group code. This should be interesting...

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll write and ask if we can double dip on the discounts. And your right, they've said both RELOAD and RELOADPASS for the discount. I hadn't caught that before. I thought it was too good to be true that Wachusett was actually being organized this year :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna