• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 22/23

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree it would be quite strange for Wachusett to join Epic. Indy, if anything, would be a better fit.

Yesterday was the final week for the women's clinic. It was between 50-55 degrees, and the low the night before was 45. Conditions were soft and springlike for the first couple hours, then started to get really slow and slushy around 11am. 10th was the best trail - where it was down to hardpack was edgeable and the rest of the trail didn't get as piled up as others. Smith had actual moguls on it. Our instructor took us down it for an intro to soft bumps lesson. We may not have looked pretty, but I'm glad we got to experience that!

My group hung around to have lunch together and a few of us went back out to ski. We all decided to call it quits after just 1 post-lunch run on Ralph's - the skiing just wasn't fun by that point.

The areas between the lifts was extremely watery and brown. I'm not sure folks will be able to ski in between the lifts during school vacation week. We learned that the snowmaking team is planning to make snow tomorrow night when temps dip and hopefully one more time next week - after that, they're done.

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
Who has been skiing at Wachusett this week? I'm thinking about going tomorrow, Friday, and wondering if it will be so packed with school kids on vacation that it is not worth the effort. What do you think?

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went on Monday, President's Day. It was not busy at all. Ski-on the lift all day. Folks I shared chairlift rides with said it was quiet over the weekend, too. It was also extremely firm/icy, but there's been some weather since then so not sure what conditions are like now. I'm also considering going tomorrow, Friday - keeping an eye on the webcam this afternoon/tonight to see what happens with any icing the mountain may get later today.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wachusett skied beautifully today. They reported 6 inches from the storm from yesterday but, it must have been dry snow as the conditions today were great! I wasn't sure what to expect as the snow by me was really wet so I wasn't sure what happened out there/if it would freeze over night, but thankfully being more inland they must have gotten the drier snow so it stayed really nice--like a nice day out West even!
As expected it was a bit busier than normal but didn't really feel crowded on the trails--just the lift lines were longer. They were using parking lot #3 which is less common on a week day.
By noon the lines started dying down and after that it was mostly ski on.
It looks like they even got Roper's open finally, though unless they keep getting snow I doubt it will stay open.

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I was there yesterday, too and had blast. Balance Rock was awesome except for the idiot snowboarder trying to pass me - skied it 3 times. Also liked Oxbow and Salamander. Only saw ice on Norm's Way and a little towards the end of the morning at the run out from Look Mom. Towards late morning the snow packed down quite a bit as it warmed up. Sort of like very firm buttercream but you could still get your edges in. Didn't realize Roper's was open, focused on Balance Rock as it's a favorite.

TrixieRuby

Certified Ski Diva
I skiied Wachusett on Wed. March 1. the conditions were awesome! Wachusett does an amazing job with snowmaking. What is it about their snow? I think it is a different system than most because it behaves like sand and does not get compacted and iced up as quickly as most places. Anyway, had a blast, the lift lines were a bit long for a weekday, but the vibe was good and the snow was fantastic.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Anyone skiing Wachusett in the late afternoon or evening sessions this week? I was thinking of going, but unsure when. It would be either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

This will probably sound silly.. but before I went to Taos for Diva West I realized that my next ski day back home this Saturday March 11'th would be my 40th ski day of the season and also fall on my 40th birthday. Unfortunately we had one day in Taos with wind holds so I got in one less day than expected. I want to get a couple of hours of skiing in this week so I can still get my 40th on my 40th rather than my 39th on my 40th Saturday. :doh: :rotf:

Would love to meet up if anyone will be around.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Happy early birthday, @MissySki! I'll be at Wachusett on Wednesday but early - from opening until probably about 2pm. I skied there yesterday morning before the crowds really picked up, and the conditions were fabulous.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Anyone skiing Wachusett in the late afternoon or evening sessions this week? I was thinking of going, but unsure when. It would be either Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday.

This will probably sound silly.. but before I went to Taos for Diva West I realized that my next ski day back home this Saturday March 11'th would be my 40th ski day of the season and also fall on my 40th birthday. Unfortunately we had one day in Taos with wind holds so I got in one less day than expected. I want to get a couple of hours of skiing in this week so I can still get my 40th on my 40th rather than my 39th on my 40th Saturday. :doh: :rotf:

Would love to meet up if anyone will be around.
Ah but the wind hold lifted at 10:30 and some of us went skiing ! Therefore, you wouldn't have the 40th bday dilemma .
Happy Birthday though whatever you decide to do !

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ah but the wind hold lifted at 10:30 and some of us went skiing ! Therefore, you wouldn't have the 40th bday dilemma .
Happy Birthday though whatever you decide to do !
Haha yeah but we were there and booted up that morning, and then debooted and called it before it came back. We also got tickets refunded at that point. I wasn’t going back to the mountain and booting up again, with uncertainty as to whether it would even keep going. But yeah, that would have kept me on goal! Lol

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Haha yeah but we were there and booted up that morning, and then debooted and called it before it came back. We also got tickets refunded at that point. I wasn’t going back to the mountain and booting up again, with uncertainty as to whether it would even keep going. But yeah, that would have kept me on goal! Lol
@ski diva and I were browsing in the Taos shop discussing going into to town.... then, all of a sudden, a guy came into the shop and said "lifts are now open."
We decided to go skiing and thought we might only do a few runs.... stayed out the rest of the day ! I was told no refunds...... there were definitely some mixed communication out there.

MissySki

Angel Diva
@ski diva and I were browsing in the Taos shop discussing going into to town.... then, all of a sudden, a guy came into the shop and said "lifts are now open."
We decided to go skiing and thought we might only do a few runs.... stayed out the rest of the day ! I was told no refunds...... there were definitely some mixed communication out there.
That was the day I had bought a day ticket for, so when I got it in the morning I asked about the wind. First I was told I’d get a credit, which I said I didn’t want given that my Ikon days would take care of the rest of my stay and I wouldn't be able yo use it. Then another employee who was there said they would give me a refund. So when the lifts still weren’t open by the time we had met with our instructor and debooted, several of us went and got refunded. That more than paid for my lunch in Taos and Ojo Caliente for the day :smile:.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I might be going on Wed, but if I go will be morning through about 2pm. I'm not sure yet--I wanted to go to VT but if it seems like it's going to be really windy, I may just go to Wachusett and avoid a 6 hour round trip drive with wind holds.

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I might be going on Wed, but if I go will be morning through about 2pm. I'm not sure yet--I wanted to go to VT but if it seems like it's going to be really windy, I may just go to Wachusett and avoid a 6 hour round trip drive with wind holds.

If you do go on Wednesday morning and see me, feel free to give a shout! I’ll be in purple ski pants/black jacket/white helmet, I’m tall, and will probably be skiing with 2 women I met through the Wawa women’s clinic.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I'll be heading to Wachusett this evening.. will probably arrive just before 6pm and will just ski a couple of hours for my 39th day. Making Saturday my 40th on my 40th.. I'm such a dork. :doh::rotf:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna