• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 15/16

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1/21. Skied Northstar yesterday in some varied conditions. Had snowed then rained the previous day. 12 inches at top of heavy wet snow. Second run down was huge chunks of broken up concrete on what is normally an awesome steep ungroomed run with fun bumps. Okay it wasn't pretty going down. Then skied groomed black run that was solid ice . Better than chunks of concrete . Next hit the glades and deep snow that was a blast. Stayed in trees the rest of the day!! Sometimes you just need to ski the entire mountain until you find conditions you like...
@santacruz skier - Thanks for the detailed conditions report. Great attitude! We are driving up early Saturday morning and will ski Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Storm coming in Friday/Saturday so hoping for some new cold snow on top of what is already there. Let me know if you think you will ski Saturday - we can PM details for a Diva Meeting!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
1/21 Northstar- what a difference a day makes . Snow was so awesome today. Lookout Mt had great snow. Actually everywhere we skied was great whether groomed or ungroomed. @DRG we are leaving Saturday but a storm is coming in so you're in for a treat.... Will ski tomorrow and report in.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
1/22 Rain mixed with snow at Northstar house but snowing on the mountain. Hard. Didn't get out until afternoon but freshies in the trees. And by 4:00 everywhere... Super fun day!

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
1/23 - Northstar - Super crowded, but the snow was good. Headed to the backside and Lookout Mountain where the crowd disappeared. Skied the trees until the closing bell. Fantastic conditions in the glades!
1/24 - Squaw Valley - Crowded, but again, colder than expected with a little new snow made for great conditions. Our first trip to this mountain, so spent much of the day exploring . . . got away from the crowds skiing through the Silverado gates and Solitude chair line. We will return here!
1/25 - Northstar - Monday morning and we had the place to ourselves with just a little overnight dusting ~ amazing! Skied perfect glades on the backside all morning. Temp started rising and found some crunchy spots on Lookout mountain. Left at 2 pm and conditions were really starting to change with the rising temp (almost 40 degrees when we left).

A great long weekend in North Tahoe!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Going to Heavenly Friday Jan 29 and staying the week... @ski diva should we (you or other moderators) change this thread title to "Tahoe" as most of us in Northern California are posting to this thread.... Many have the Epic Pass good at Kirkwood, Northstar, and Heavenly, and then think @Pequenita has the other pass good at Squaw, Alpine, and maybe Sugar Bowl... That way we can post to one thread when skiing several Tahoe resorts. What do you think?

Reactions: DRG

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
1/23 - Northstar - Super crowded, but the snow was good. Headed to the backside and Lookout Mountain where the crowd disappeared. Skied the trees until the closing bell. Fantastic conditions in the glades!
1/24 - Squaw Valley - Crowded, but again, colder than expected with a little new snow made for great conditions. Our first trip to this mountain, so spent much of the day exploring . . . got away from the crowds skiing through the Silverado gates and Solitude chair line. We will return here!
1/25 - Northstar - Monday morning and we had the place to ourselves with just a little overnight dusting ~ amazing! Skied perfect glades on the backside all morning. Temp started rising and found some crunchy spots on Lookout mountain. Left at 2 pm and conditions were really starting to change with the rising temp (almost 40 degrees when we left).

A great long weekend in North Tahoe!
Love it.... The glades are killer at Northstar....so much fun... Hey, was Prosser open on Lookout? It is on the far left as you are riding up the chair.... Wasn't open when we skied Fri, Sat or Sunday... but has awesome snow.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, I have the Squaw/Alpine silver pass, so a couple bonus days at Sierra at Tahoe and Sugarbowl are included. Much of Squaw was on wind hold after noon on Saturday, so I'd expect that things were skiing well on Sunday (I was at Alpine)!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yeah, I have the Squaw/Alpine silver pass, so a couple bonus days at Sierra at Tahoe and Sugarbowl are included. Much of Squaw was on wind hold after noon on Saturday, so I'd expect that things were skiing well on Sunday (I was at Alpine)!
That's one thing about Northstar (flat star).... Never on wind hold.... not like Squaw or Heavenly. Or Kirkwood for that matter. Thanks for changing thread title. It seemed to make sense to me..

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was at Heavenly on Sunday of MLK and the tourists were FREAKING OUT that 2/3 of the mountain was on wind hold. Demanding refunds and everything. We were like, "Uh...that's not how it works."

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Was at Heavenly on Sunday of MLK and the tourists were FREAKING OUT that 2/3 of the mountain was on wind hold. Demanding refunds and everything. We were like, "Uh...that's not how it works."
Funny! Usually stagecoach is open.. So we are leaving Friday and going first to Northstar to pick up ski stuff and going straight to south shore. Hello stardust!! Looking forward to skiing heavenly.... Ski way glades here I come! Sorry I won't be able to meet up with you, but you will have a blast in sun valley (so much fun) or wherever you end up!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny! Usually stagecoach is open.. So we are leaving Friday and going first to Northstar to pick up ski stuff and going straight to south shore. Hello stardust!! Looking forward to skiing heavenly.... Ski way glades here I come! Sorry I won't be able to meet up with you, but you will have a blast in sun valley (so much fun) or wherever you end up!
Stagecoach was the only thing left running in NV. The first lap I did on Olympic downhill--had my skis perpendicular to the fall line, hunched in the little ball, and I was just getting blown down the run like a kite. It was kind of funny only because I could acknowledge the absurdity of the situation. I felt bad for the tourists though who didn't know the mountain or that this is pretty typical! Laps took awhile but after that I stuck to the runs off the left of SC...Emily's and something else.

We've been spending a lot of time in Galaxy now that it's open. Holding snow for days after a storm and there is hardly anyone down there. It's like they forgot it existed. Maybe the 14 minute lift keeps them away. Also have spent some time in Dipper Woods, but that's the edge of my comfort level so I usually do one run and say, "Okay! I did something new today! That's enough!" SO just told me that Ski way glades are holding snow well too, though I haven't been over there.

Have you looked at the forecast for Kirkwood this weekend? Looks insane!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I know.. It's going to be crazy. Rain at 9,000 feet first and then snow level dropping... If you ski dipper woods, you can definitely ski ski way glades.. It's not really that steep... Yes I'm looking forward to galaxy woods after it stops raining! We won't ski Friday but will Saturday. Hey I like Oly and stagecoach.. Plus the trees off the Olympic chair are fun . Skiers left...looking forward to it..

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We aren't planning on a trip to Kirkwood this weekend . . . but the forecast is making it tempting. I am just telling myself that everything will be on wind hold everywhere over the weekend so I won't be missing anything. We will be heading up to Tahoe for skiing on Feb 6, 7 and 8 - not sure where yet, but thinking all the resorts should be good by the time this storm system finishes up early next week!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
check weather underground... snow levels are really high and it's going to be storming (rain and snow) this weekend. We are leaving tomorrow and staying across the street from the Heavenly Gondola for a week or so. Northstar is the place to be when all else is on wind hold. Which it will be. Only stopping @ Northstar tomorrow to pick up skis, etc and then driving to south lake. It should be a great week as temps are lowering and snow will continue to fall.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I think we will be leaving south shore on Feb 6 and going to Northstar....so will probably ski at Northstar on that Saturday but really not sure yet as I have the time share at Heavenly until Feb 7..... I'll post something when I know for sure.... Should be a fun week though.

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think we will be leaving south shore on Feb 6 and going to Northstar....so will probably ski at Northstar on that Saturday but really not sure yet as I have the time share at Heavenly until Feb 7..... I'll post something when I know for sure.... Should be a fun week though.
Excellent . . . hope we can connect on the hill!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Skied Heavenly for the last three days in the most awesome conditions... Cold dry snow 19 inches in two days and 8 degrees this morning. Powder everywhere!!!! Rossi Saffron 7's are great.... @Bluestsky they are so much fun and lively.... Was crowded over the weekend and empty today with more skiable terrain than I could even ski.... The trees are fantastic and yesterday the whole mountain had fresh snow as it snowed the entire day!!!!! Will be in Tahoe until next Monday so more fun is in store!!!

Bluestsky

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skied Heavenly for the last three days in the most awesome conditions... Cold dry snow 19 inches in two days and 8 degrees this morning. Powder everywhere!!!! Rossi Saffron 7's are great.... @Bluestsky they are so much fun and lively.... Was crowded over the weekend and empty today with more skiable terrain than I could even ski.... The trees are fantastic and yesterday the whole mountain had fresh snow as it snowed the entire day!!!!! Will be in Tahoe until next Monday so more fun is in store!!!

Ohhh, that's fantastic! Do a lap for me, would you? In spite of all this new snow in Summit county, CO I'm sitting by the window and reading this instead of skiing...roads are still too treacherous to get to Breck or Keystone :-(

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great to hear! We are planning on Kirkwood Saturday and Heavenly Sunday and Monday . . . may consider a backcountry tour on Sunday to avoid crowds - still TBD on that, but I need to prep my mind and body for hut skiing we have in Colorado at the end of the month!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna