• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Tahoe 15/16

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@santacruz skier I skied Tignes at Christmas, it was mostly artificial snow, the pistes were very hard, after two weeks my knees were hurting - trying to remember what Sierra cement feels like....

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love to hear an update on the conditions. We are planning to hit Northstar next weekend (1/23-24). And please shout out if any Divas planning to be there those days!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@HeidiInTheAlps , @DRG we're now on the fence about going Tuesday..Reason we were going is BF wanted his son and girlfriend to come up and now they may not be able to go.. Think it will be a very warm front coming in with high water content = sierra cement. The groomed runs are fine, it's the off piste that gets pretty chunky monkey. But that's typical in the Sierras. I'll post when I know for sure but if it works, we will be @ Northstar and skiing Wednesday, Thursday, and most likely Friday....
For sure we are going to be @ Northstar Jan 28-31 and Heavenly Feb 1 -6....

Reactions: DRG

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DRG I have a conference the following week in SFO - that I should go to - haven't bought tickets yet - but may use miles anyway...

but as soon as I've purchased I'll let you know - would be flying into SFO on Wednesday or Thursday -

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Also @HeidiInTheAlps Northstar has lots of ski to village (not necessarily ski in ski out) accommodations and properties in Northstar with shuttles (5 min) to slopes...
Not cheap exactly....

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@HeidiInTheAlps , @DRG we're now on the fence about going Tuesday..Reason we were going is BF wanted his son and girlfriend to come up and now they may not be able to go.. Think it will be a very warm front coming in with high water content = sierra cement. The groomed runs are fine, it's the off piste that gets pretty chunky monkey. But that's typical in the Sierras. I'll post when I know for sure but if it works, we will be @ Northstar and skiing Wednesday, Thursday, and most likely Friday....
For sure we are going to be @ Northstar Jan 28-31 and Heavenly Feb 1 -6....

Looks like we're hitting Northstar the weekend before you will be out there. I know we are skiing Tahoe Feb 6,7 and 8. Haven't decided where yet (we have Epic Pass) but we're open to going anywhere. Will definitely let you know if we go to Heavenly. Would be nice to connect.

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DRG I have a conference the following week in SFO - that I should go to - haven't bought tickets yet - but may use miles anyway...

but as soon as I've purchased I'll let you know - would be flying into SFO on Wednesday or Thursday -
@HeidiInTheAlps - What days are you planning on skiing Tahoe? We head up as much as possible from SFO. (I lived in Telluride last year and got in more than 100 days so I am having withdrawals this season!) We're also headed to Colorado for 8 days in late February - but too much skiing between now and then to focus on before I shift my conversation there! : )

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DRG I was hoping to get in 3 days. I won't know for sure until Monday if I'm going, I have to move some things around in my agenda first.... haven't booked flights or anything! but there is availability enough...

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@DRG and @santacruz skier - what are your plans now?

Working on a plan now conference 25,26,27 - should go all three days, but thinking I'll do day 1, and if the mountains call, I'll bail out - and go skiing... otherwise maybe starting the 28th?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@HeidiInTheAlps @DRG I'm in Tahoe at northstar.. Rained all day - no snow.. Got here around 4:00 pm. So staying until Saturday or Sunday, back to Santa Cruz, then plan is to go back to Northstar the 28th or 29th and go to heavenly the 31st or 1st for timeshare week. My timeshare is across the street from heavenly gondola w excellent daily rates. PM me your plans and maybe we can meet up. I'll be with BF and at heavenly my sister in law will be skiing with us for a couple days.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't believe I am going to miss all of you!! As of right now we are thinking Kirkwood on Saturday 1/23 and Heavenly on Sunday 1/24 if anyone is going to be around. @santacruz skier, I am going to gone the entire week you are at Heavenly in Feb :( I'm starting a new job on the 8th and we're going up north for a long ski vacation that very week while I am in between jobs.

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I still haven't bought tickets... need to make a decision today though -

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are definitely skiing Saturday and Sunday - maybe Monday. Our "tentative" plans have us at Northstar on 1/23 and 1/24, but we're watching the weather this week before committing. (We haven't done Northstar yet this season and feel like we need to mark it off the list!)

@DeweySki - Are you for sure headed to the South side? We have done lots of days at Kirkwood and it has been so good!

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We are definitely skiing Saturday and Sunday - maybe Monday. Our "tentative" plans have us at Northstar on 1/23 and 1/24, but we're watching the weather this week before committing. (We haven't done Northstar yet this season and feel like we need to mark it off the list!)

@DeweySki - Are you for sure headed to the South side? We have done lots of days at Kirkwood and it has been so good!
Yeah, we have a cabin in South Lake, so we probably spend 1/3 of our time at Kirkwood and 2/3 at Heavenly. I like Kirkwood more, but the drive de-motivates me. I've had some amazing days this year and I can't believe it's only January. Were you at Kirkwood on Sunday? It was deeper than expected!

DRG

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, we have a cabin in South Lake, so we probably spend 1/3 of our time at Kirkwood and 2/3 at Heavenly. I like Kirkwood more, but the drive de-motivates me. I've had some amazing days this year and I can't believe it's only January. Were you at Kirkwood on Sunday? It was deeper than expected!
No - I was in Texas this weekend (riding my horse in a multi-day clinic - my other terribly expensive hobby!), but figured I'd miss the holiday crowds anyway! And now I am ready to get back up there. We love Kirkwood - a cool little mountain!

HeidiInTheAlps

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think I'm not going to come out. Just got news my husbands project is being abruptly ended, putting great uncertainty in the short term. The conference is optional. We are both self employed.... so probably will just go pick up some cheap-cheerful-cheeky mid week skiing in Austria...

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I can't believe I am going to miss all of you!! As of right now we are thinking Kirkwood on Saturday 1/23 and Heavenly on Sunday 1/24 if anyone is going to be around. @santacruz skier, I am going to gone the entire week you are at Heavenly in Feb :( I'm starting a new job on the 8th and we're going up north for a long ski vacation that very week while I am in between jobs.
I'm sorry I'll miss you! Where are you skiing up north? Whistler?
Good luck with your new job.

DeweySki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm sorry I'll miss you! Where are you skiing up north? Whistler?
Good luck with your new job.
We're going to fly into Idaho Falls and then kind of play it by ear between Jackson Hole, Big Sky, and Sun Valley. Super excited but also a litter nervous since I just got new boots and don't totally have those dialed in yet.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
1/21. Skied Northstar yesterday in some varied conditions. Had snowed then rained the previous day. 12 inches at top of heavy wet snow. Second run down was huge chunks of broken up concrete on what is normally an awesome steep ungroomed run with fun bumps. Okay it wasn't pretty going down. Then skied groomed black run that was solid ice . Better than chunks of concrete . Next hit the glades and deep snow that was a blast. Stayed in trees the rest of the day!! Sometimes you just need to ski the entire mountain until you find conditions you like...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna