• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring is here?

gr8outdoors

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Light snow today here in Western NY. No accumulation, but it was fun to be skiing and having snow falling in mid-March. After such a late start, it's great to still be skiing! Plus, it looks like it's going to be cold for the next week too!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not so sure it's spring. Take a look at this forecast for New England for the coming week:

Forecast.jpg

Now, Accuweather is saying only 4-6", but I've heard reports that the European models are more accurate. So who knows? Either way, it looks like we're in for some snow this week! :bounce:

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yay!! Skiing Sugarbush on Wednesday, Bolton Thurs and Fri.

Hmm, I have a history of getting snowed in at Sugarbush, especially in March...

Perty

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Meanwhile in the French Alps....40cm+ forecast at midstation in the 3V today, tonight and tomorrow...and snow down to below 1000m, so well below resort level. The only worry is whether it'll be windy, and so whether the lifts will be closed...
Guess who's going on a cheeky ski trip tomorrow?
Me!!!!!!!:becky:
Just when it looked like this amazing season was starting to get warm.. more fantastic weather. It's probably why we in the UK have had pouring rain for the last 2 days as it's heading down across France. To be fair...the endless gloom and rain since last summer explains the fab snow in the Alps. Every cloud has a silver (or should I say-"snowy")-lining!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Blech. I woke up to clearing skies, and Alta's reporting 2" of 24 hour snowfall. They actually sent out a powder alert, probably to make sure the email system is still working, since they've had so few occasions to use it. It's 19 degrees right now, but highs will be at 32 again by mid-week, and will only drop into the 20s with another dribble of snow on Wednesday.

I sure hope the pattern shifts in April. Last year we had pretty good storms in mid-March, but it's starting to look like a dry spring. A friend has a Deso-Grey rafting permit for early August. Ordinarily I'd jump at the chance, but without a good snowpack, the trip will depend on overnight dam releases and strong arms to row against up-canyon winds. :faint:

Jilly

Staff member
minus 15C at the top of Tremblant around noon. Spring???? And now more snow on Tuesday - maybe more than 6"!!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
minus 15C at the top of Tremblant around noon. Spring???? And now more snow on Tuesday - maybe more than 6"!!
Yeah, not much warmer at Sugarloaf today. And the WIND! :eek: Had to be -10F wind chill. More like mid-January temps than mid-March! And who knows how much snow, but looks like snow Tues>Thurs!

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It seemed cold this weekend in VT at Killington and Okemo as well. My car thermometer said 25 but it had to be colder on the actual mountain--at least it felt much colder--felt more like teens to me. Definitely not "spring conditions" either.

altagirl

Staff member
Blech. I woke up to clearing skies, and Alta's reporting 2" of 24 hour snowfall. They actually sent out a powder alert, probably to make sure the email system is still working, since they've had so few occasions to use it. It's 19 degrees right now, but highs will be at 32 again by mid-week, and will only drop into the 20s with another dribble of snow on Wednesday.

I sure hope the pattern shifts in April. Last year we had pretty good storms in mid-March, but it's starting to look like a dry spring. A friend has a Deso-Grey rafting permit for early August. Ordinarily I'd jump at the chance, but without a good snowpack, the trip will depend on overnight dam releases and strong arms to row against up-canyon winds. :faint:

Yeah. DH went up this morning and declared it the worst day of the year. Needless to say, glad I went to yoga and on a nice road bike ride instead.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Snowed at Massanutten today . . . on closing day. Was probably a bit mixed with rain. Slopes were pretty empty. It was raining in the nearby valley so I bet locals figured it was raining on the mountain too. :frown:

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah. DH went up this morning and declared it the worst day of the year. Needless to say, glad I went to yoga and on a nice road bike ride instead.
I guess I'm glad to be at the office, then. Although, as a snow slut, it takes quite a bit to be no fun at all to ski on for me. It's turning cooler this week, but I won't get to see it--although Big Sky will have the same weather. But I'm still bringing the Kenjas, which behave better than Geishas on hard surfaces.

NZfarmgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess I'm glad to be at the office, then. Although, as a snow slut, it takes quite a bit to be no fun at all to ski on for me. It's turning cooler this week, but I won't get to see it--although Big Sky will have the same weather. But I'm still bringing the Kenjas, which behave better than Geishas on hard surfaces.

Well I've been pleased how well my Kenja's have done here in Utah. I thought I might have to rent some fatties. But alas not enough fatty snow :(
They did fine in the 9 inches we had at Solitude though. We really enjoyed that. And I have to tell you that I really enjoyed Alta the 2 days we skied there. We had some fresh snow and got to ski that big hill traverse thing they don't open much - I don't know what it's called- maybe devils something? I just did the first easy looking part. Cool though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga