• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring is here?

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Question - do we try to beat the snow and crap here tomorrow and drive up to Tremblant?
Jilly!! What a question to ask THIS FORUM>HA! It's CLOSING WEEKEND! GO! And take your Temp88's.

With cooler temps right now, I'm optimistic that we could get 4 more weekends in here. Que sera sera. Rumor has it that if it holds, we'll go past 5/5. Oh heck, people will be skinning/hiking it no matter when the lifts are done. Still 1074 acres open here. :clap: Monday was one of the better corn>soft days this year. Slow/sticky at base but who skis there. (until done for day!)

Of all the skis I got on this season, can't get those Temp88's out of my head. Totally superb. Pick of the Season for me.

SkiBam

Angel Diva
Actually MSL, I brought the T88's home. But......

And WHY, I ask, did you go that? (lol) Wish I had some to ski on this weekend. Might dig out the old Attraxions that I recall handled spring stuff well.

Get yourself to Tremblant, Jilly - meet you there! It totally p****s me off when they close when coverage is still complete. Yeah, I know the reasons: nobody goes, etc. Only us diehards. MSL, I wish Sugarloaf were a little closer. If I weren't so darn busy with "life", I'd head down that way.

It might be "spring" but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.... (I haven't heard her, anyhow....)

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
2nd day of 80+ degree weather here in Philly. Hellooooo summer.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
And WHY, I ask, did you go that? (lol) Wish I had some to ski on this weekend. Might dig out the old Attraxions that I recall handled spring stuff well.

Get yourself to Tremblant, Jilly - meet you there! It totally p****s me off when they close when coverage is still complete. Yeah, I know the reasons: nobody goes, etc. Only us diehards. MSL, I wish Sugarloaf were a little closer. If I weren't so darn busy with "life", I'd head down that way.

It might be "spring" but the fat lady hasn't sung yet.... (I haven't heard her, anyhow....)
And I can’t even come close to the voracity of some of the die-hards up here. They WILL be skinning/hiking until June. I feel so fortunate to be frequenting a mountain that caters to this glorious season. (On the other hand, we totally “pay” for this in January!!)

And then there is the “Great New England pilgrimage” of Tuckerman Ravine in the NH Whites...for the TRULY serious.

It’s otherwise a lovely (if bittersweet <sigh>) time of year, with all skiing focused on the upper half of the mountain (still winter up there!), i.e., lower half is “quitting time.” Not QUITE to that point yet. But...soon...

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sugarloaf forecast:
FriApr 12

16.png
30°
29°
Snow

NOAA:
THURSDAY
sn30.png
Chance
Snow
High: 30 °F

THURSDAY
NIGHT
nsn30.png
Chance
Snow
Low: 15 °F

FRIDAY
sn80.png
Snow
High: 26 °F

:yahoo:

CHANCE OF SNOW:
70%

Jilly

Staff member
DH says I can take the T88's back up. Probably leaving Thursday AM. Gotta PU the mail for the office and send off one quick quote....On the road by 9am if the roads are good!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Go get it, Jilly! :becky: Clock is ticking!
Definitely 3-6" coming here. Gotta love April! I'll be skiing it!

Jilly

Staff member
Talking 8" at Tremblant. You're closer to the centre of this thing.......but we all know these weather guys.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It snowed on and off most of the day today at Killington, VT. Note the snow in the air! I'd say they got about 1/2 inch to one inch through the day depending on where you were. It was nice and it freshened up the surface--conditions were definitely variable though.
IMGP0144_zps206cef72.jpg

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A foot-ish of fresh powder today at A-Basin! Beaver Creek reported 15", but with the 6 year old in tow, it just wasn't worth it to brave Vail Pass. A fun day was had by all, and more snow in the forecast this week!

Sarah_82

Certified Ski Diva
And 13" at Vail! Vail pass was pretty bad in the morning (but fine on the way back), and I was glad I found others to ride up with. The snow was really good, aside from a little slush at the very bottom, and a few places where all the soft snow had been blown away or skied off. But sadly Blue Sky Basin and most of the back bowls were closed due to high wind. At least I did explore some new terrain on the front side. Vail is so massive that there's still quite a bit of it I've never seen, let alone skied.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Only wound up with 4" here, but....good enough - for mid-April. In the east! Was like mid-Feb on Sat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga