• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Spring is here?

mustski

Angel Diva
Ugh! They just upped our weekend mountain weather to 67 F for Friday and Saturday. I guess, I'll try out those new boots for an hour. On the other hand, I'm still hoping for some end of March snow. We often get a "last blast" late in the season. If not, so be it. I chose new boots over a trip to Mammoth. Now I have to live with it.

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Temps dropped here again as of yesterday. It will be suitably cold and wintery this weekend and into next week. No new snow, though, and the rain washed all the existing snow away, so my guess is that it will be quite icy this weekend. Jilly, if you head up to Tremblant, do give us the report.

There's 15-20cm of snow in the forecast for Monday/Tuesday for the Laurentians. So, here's hoping that will extend the season a bit.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Two of our local PA hills close on Sunday, another one a week later. It's been 50 degrees almost all the time.

Who's closing on Sunday, Olesya? I know Bear Creek's last day is Sunday but I wasn't aware of other hills who had officially called it.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Northern New England: +14 this a.m. Nothing above teens for immediate future. Something :becky: in forecast for next Tues. :snow:
"Never say never in Maine!"

Christy

Angel Diva
Well whew, things are looking up. The slopes never got the forecasted heavy rain--though it did get warm--and the next 7 days are for nothing but snow. There will need to be some accumulation on top of the melted/refrozen stuff, but hopefully by mid next week things will be fine again.

And in the meantime, Whistler got 2 feet this week, it's nice and cold, and there were screamin' last minute deals on the website, so we are headed up again Sat-Mon. And staying at Nita Lake Lodge, where I've wanted to stay for ages.

Christy

Angel Diva
I've switched over to watching the weather for Utah and MT. Trying to avoid looking too often.

I look at Sun Valley and Whistler constantly. Even when I have other plans and know I can't go. I can't help it. It's become kind of a compulsion.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It was 6 Degrees this am and is Snowing Heavy now in Caroga Lake.. Royal Mt is open this weekend and has good base for next few weekends. I track weather and 'Usually' 3rd week of March is Midwinter conditions and looks like next week is going to be a great one for skiing in New England. YEAH

cleopatra

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And in the meantime, Whistler got 2 feet this week, it's nice and cold, and there were screamin' last minute deals on the website, so we are headed up again Sat-Mon. And staying at Nita Lake Lodge, where I've wanted to stay for ages.
Nicely done! I won 2 Whistler tickets for this season, unfortunately they haven't arrived yet!! it is such a far drive there too, not sure I can justify heading there for only 2 tickets, although, if that is where the snow is?!

geargrrl

Angel Diva
I'm expecting more to come once temps drop again. Tammy and I are going to try to get together NEXT sat ( not tomorrow) @ Lookout Pass just for grins.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we had rain this week on Tuesday. But it's back to winter. It snowed most of the day yesterday (not much accumulation, but still nice), and the temps are definitely on the cold side. It was 13°F this morning, and got up to the high 20's today.

Fingers crossed we'll be skiing into April here in Vermont!

SkiBam

Angel Diva
After a warm week here, during most of which I was on a huit to hut x-c trip in the Saguenay region of Quebec (where there was not as much snow on the ground as here in the Laurentians), it's winter again. Snowing today, enough that I'm thinking of x-c tomorrow, and a decent fall is forecast for Tuesday, so that might be a day at Tremblant before I head to Utah/Montana next week. I'm not even checking conditions there, as there's nothing I can do about it and I'm pretty darn sure we'll have a great time whatever the conditions are like. Though some powder/sun/not too warm, not too cold temps would be appreciated.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I won't run you off for liking warm weather but I have to draw the line at that painting aspiration. ;-)

Oh, I don't want to paint. Trust me. :smile: It just needs to get done. Painting is sloooow going at our house. We have more paint test spots on our walls than we have rooms we've actually painted! I like the planning stage much more than the doing stage. haha.

Skise

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Spring? Haven't seen any so far. The coldest temperature recorded this winter was just a few nights ago (-38.something C, this winter has been quite warm). No rain, very nice skiing ... and I'm working this weekend. Blah.

eSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who's closing on Sunday, Olesya? I know Bear Creek's last day is Sunday but I wasn't aware of other hills who had officially called it.
Liberty,Whitetail, and Roundtop are all closing next week.

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
It's been snowing all day here today. Very pretty. Jack Frost is staying open for another week, or perhaps longer.

maggie198

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's been snowing all day here today. Very pretty. Jack Frost is staying open for another week, or perhaps longer.
Where are you at, Vanhoskier? It's great to hear about snow in PA. I skied Camelback last Saturday, weak conditions didn't warrant going back again this year.

Sugarbush reports quite a bit of snow this past week, and flurries are in the forecast for most of next. Just in time for my Sugarbush/Bolton trip. I hope.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga