• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowbound Expo Boston, Nov 3-5 2023

TheGreenOne

Angel Diva
Have changed our plans, no Snowbound Expo this year.

Attempting to reduce fun spending (haha... best plans..) so we can off-set the cost for our big Tahoe (staying on NV side of Heavenly) trip in February, especially considering I really need to get many days in before our trip so I can make best of Heavenly's trails.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The speaking schedule is out. Phil and I will be speaking on Sunday at 11:30

384196221_711825334308143_7443398248069199343_n.jpg

384245784_711825337641476_9109698038892650230_n.jpg

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have changed our plans, no Snowbound Expo this year.

Attempting to reduce fun spending (haha... best plans..) so we can off-set the cost for our big Tahoe (staying on NV side of Heavenly) trip in February, especially considering I really need to get many days in before our trip so I can make best of Heavenly's trails.
Optimizing travel is essential when you have such great plans set up.
Think snow!

Skiskisarah

Certified Ski Diva
Excited for the Expo! Admittedly last year I got more home insulation quotes than I got ski gear but that was obviously on my mind last season. Now I can focus on skiing. What’s not to be missed? Are the demos any good?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For anyone who doesn't have tickets yet, they are offering free tickets until October 22. Just use the code KIKI at checkout.

A separate MOTH thread will be started soon so we can discuss meet up plans. For any divas in training, you won't be able to see that thread until you get to 25 posts. @Skiskisarah you are almost there!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Are the demos any good?
What kind of demos are you thinking about? Around here "demo" usually refers to checking out skis on a slope. :wink:

From what I can tell from the Snowbound website, given that BCEC is a lot bigger than Hynes, there will be more space for the SkiEssentials retail sales and interactive booths where people can try stuff out. They are still adding info. Back in 2017 and 2018 there were "shows" of people doing tricks high in the air. I remember my daughter wanting to watch that more than once when we went on a Saturday.

Check out What's On on the Snowbound website.

marzNC

Angel Diva

marzNC

Angel Diva
With two weeks to go, the list of resorts committed to Snowbound is probably set. The webpage doesn't list them in any particular order, so I might have missed one.

INDY* or not IKON, Epic
Gore, NY
Whiteface, NY
Jay*, VT
Burke, VT
Bromley, VT
Saddleback*, ME
Tenney, NH
Ragged, NH
Crotched, NH
King Pine, NH
Cranmore, NH
Pat’s Peak, NH
Cannon*, NH
Jiminy Peak, MA
Nashoba Valley, MA
Wachusett, MA

IKON in New England
Killington, VT
Sugarbush, VT
Pleasant Mountain, ME
Sunday River, ME
Sugarloaf, ME
Loon, NH

EPIC in New England
Stowe, VT
Okemo, VT
Mt. Snow, VT
Sunapee, NH
Attitash, NH
Wildcat, NH
Crotched, NH

marzNC

Angel Diva
There are some destination resorts involved, including the Epic resorts in VT.

Big Sky, MT - IKON, MCP
Jackson Hole, WY - IKON, MCP
Sunday River, ME - IKON
Sugarloaf, ME - IKON
Jay, VT - Indy
Smuggler’s Notch, VT
Stowe, VT - Epic
Okemo, VT - Epic
Mt. Snow, VT - Epic
Loon, NH - IKON

Revelstoke, BC, CANADA - MCP
Le Massif, QUE, CANADA - MCP
Tremblant, QUE, CANADA - IKON

Valle Nevado, CHILE - IKON (owned by Mountain Capital Partners)

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There are some destination resorts involved, including the Epic resorts in VT.

Big Sky, MT - IKON, MCP
Jackson Hole, WY - IKON, MCP
Sunday River, ME - IKON
Sugarloaf, ME - IKON
Jay, VT - Indy
Smuggler’s Notch, VT
Stowe, VT - Epic
Okemo, VT - Epic
Mt. Snow, VT - Epic
Loon, NH - IKON

Revelstoke, BC, CANADA - MCP
Le Massif, QUE, CANADA - MCP
Tremblant, QUE, CANADA - IKON

Valle Nevado, CHILE - IKON (owned by Mountain Capital Partners)
Not sure what will be available this year but last year I won the Mont Tremblant raffle & got free tickets! Even though I already had ikon I used them for DH

denifromtheblock

Diva in Training
I started a Roll Call in the MOTH thread for Snowbound 2023. If you can't get to it and want to the plan for meeting other Divas in person, post a question here or send a PM. Snowbound opens in about two weeks!

For those not sure how best to get to BCEC:

Parking is $5 on a few surface lots 5-10 min walk from BCEC on weekends. It's possible to make a reservation in advance.
I would be interested in a ski diva meet up at the expo and don't have 25 posts yet. I got a ticket for whole weekend

denifromtheblock

Diva in Training
Excited for the Expo! Admittedly last year I got more home insulation quotes than I got ski gear but that was obviously on my mind last season. Now I can focus on skiing. What’s not to be missed? Are the demos any good?
Same. I was disappointed with new vendor for expo last November. This year show already looks promising with going back to original venue

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Same. I was disappointed with new vendor for expo last November. This year show already looks promising with going back to original venue
Last year was the first test bed with new ownership.
When the event was wrapped up, we had a joint effort to refine and make it more of a hybrind of what Bernie Weischel had an Snowbound.
I'm excited to see how this year goes.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga