• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Snowbound Expo Boston, Nov 3-5 2023

marzNC

Angel Diva
Been traveling so may be too late . . . here is a free ticket code that expires on Sept. 30 at midnight: 5WEEKS.

A new feature is the opportunity to drop off old gear:

"DROP OFF GEAR - Recycle your snow sports gear at the expo. Drop off your pre-loved apparel at the Revive, Reuse & Recycle Zone with BirdieBlue. "

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Been traveling so may be too late . . . here is a free ticket code that expires on Sept. 30 at midnight: 5WEEKS.

A new feature is the opportunity to drop off old gear:

"DROP OFF GEAR - Recycle your snow sports gear at the expo. Drop off your pre-loved apparel at the Revive, Reuse & Recycle Zone with BirdieBlue. "
Thanks. Just got tickets.

ChloeHyland1

Diva in Training
Hi All,

I am head up the marketing at Snowbound Expo and would be happy to answer any Q's about the event.

We are sending our last FREE ticket promotion out this week. The code will be 4WEEKS (it's live now for you to redeem tickets). https://snowboundexpo.seetickets.co...on-exhibition-center/2637965?OfferCode=4WEEKS

We are then moving to 50% off and finally full price on the day so I'd recommend securing tickets now if you haven't done so already.

The show is double the size compared to last year, we have an incredible line up of speakers ready for selfies, autographs at their meet & greets. There are 170 brands and resorts to shop from this year - see them all www.snowboundexpo.com/exhibitors.

SkiEssentials are providing retail for a lot of brands but many brands will sell directly from their booths too.

We have confirmed some live action -
Gilson Snow will bring a rail jam to watch athletes do some incredible stunts, the indoor slope will be there for beginners, the Xcountry Ski Experience returns, Eliteam's Family, Fun & Fitness obstacle course will be back. For the first time, we'll have a chiropractor in the hall for treatments and advice. You can try balance boards, skate to ski and see parts of the new TGR film in the pop up theatre too.

We have also confirmed apres ski with Harpoon, Long Trail & Fat Tire at several locations in the hall. (if anyone came last year, you'll remember the long lines so we've tried to rectify this)
There is so much that I could share with you so I won't keep typing but... if you'd like any further info, drop me a note :smile:

Look forward to seeing some of you there!
Best wishes,
Chloe Hyland

marzNC

Angel Diva
In case there are any PacNW readers . . . Snowvana is in Portland the same weekend. The driving force behind Snowvana is Doug Fish, the creator of the Indy Pass. Includes a ski swap and film festival.

Stuart Winchester of Storm Skiing did a podcast interview at Snowbound 2022 but won't be at Snowbound 2023. He's going to be be hosting a panel of GMs at Snowvana called The Future of Skiing on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 4.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Who all got tickets and what day(s) are you planning on going?

diymom- Friday and Saturday (the first to browse when it is quieter, the second to be social)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Phil and I will be speaking at Snowbound again this year.
We will also have a booth. Will fill in details when it gets closer.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you scroll to the bottom of the Snowbound Expo site, they have two hotels listed in the FAQs- the Hyatt and the Westin, both in the Seaport close to the show, but it looks like only the Hyatt still has rooms. I'm guessing that means more vendors are staying at the Westin? There is a special rate at the Hyatt for the show though if you click the link in the FAQs. It's about $50 less than if you book directly through Hyatt without the Snowbound discount.

Other than that I wouldn't know what to suggest. In my neck of the woods (Quincy) of the four hotels in town I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express as it is the only one that is just a short walk from the T if you prefer not to drive in Boston.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
In case there are any PacNW readers . . . Snowvana is in Portland the same weekend. The driving force behind Snowvana is Doug Fish, the creator of the Indy Pass. Includes a ski swap and film festival.

Stuart Winchester of Storm Skiing did a podcast interview at Snowbound 2022 but won't be at Snowbound 2023. He's going to be be hosting a panel of GMs at Snowvana called The Future of Skiing on Saturday afternoon, Nov. 4.
Doug asked us to come to Snowvana this year but we declined because we felt Snowbound was too important.
@ChloeHyland1 glad to see you here.
As always we enjoy working with you and your crew.
See you soon.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Where is a good place to stay?
Last year we stayed with friends, but this year we're sharing an AirBnb with the director of the Hall of Fame and his assistant.
We travel a lot with him and have things pretty dialed.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Where is a good place to stay?
Is Snowbound the only reason you'll be in Boston? Assuming you are driving, I consider staying a bit farther out near a T-station. The closest T-station is South Station, which is about a mile away from the Boston Convention Center at Seaport. It's a nice walk over the river in good weather. Can get on the Silver Line bus to World Trade for a much shorter walk.

Another idea would be to stay near Logan airport at a motel with a free airport shuttle. Could get the Silver Line bus from Logan to World Trade. Very short walk from there.

When my daughter was in school in Weston (next to I-495), I stayed in Waltham when visiting. To get into Boston, one option was to drive to the end of the Red Line at Alewife and park. Then take the T from there. I went to high school in Concord long ago and took the train into Cambridge or Boston on weekends with friends every so often. Much prefer public transportation in the city than dealing with Boston drivers, narrow streets, and odd-ball intersections or roundabouts.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Who all got tickets and what day(s) are you planning on going?

diymom- Friday and Saturday (the first to browse when it is quieter, the second to be social)
I'm also an Ambassador again. Driving up with another Diva. Plan is to attend the show on Friday and Saturday. Not likely to stay much past 5:00, depending on how crowded it gets. Hoping to visit relatives that weekend too.

MarzNC - Friday, Saturday

I've been thinking about meetup ideas. Different situation for places to meet outside the show with the move to Seaport. Will probably create a MOTH thread soon.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm a maybe- if I go I'll likely stay with Boston area friends or my sister, and might make it part of a visit-to-Boston weekend with Mr Jthree / Little Jthree. I would probably only go to Snowbound on Sat.

Re transportation: Although I agree in general with @marzNC that it's easier to navigate Boston by public transit, the location of the Boston Convention center (the big one where it is this year, not the smaller Hynes center we were at last year) is a little annoying to get to by public transit. There is a decent size parking lot at the BCEC. When I lived in Newton if I had a medical conference at BCEC I would drive and park because it was so much faster than the T.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Re transportation: Although I agree in general with @marzNC that it's easier to navigate Boston by public transit, the location of the Boston Convention center (the big one where it is this year, not the smaller Hynes center we were at last year) is a little annoying to get to by public transit. There is a decent size parking lot at the BCEC. When I lived in Newton if I had a medical conference at BCEC I would drive and park because it was so much faster than the T.
Agree that for the weekend, it makes more sense to drive. It looks like there are a couple of surface lots close by that charge $5 all day on weekends. It's possible to book a spot in advanced using parking.com .

The previous ski expo was at BCEC. Definitely more space than Hynes. But fewer places to eat outside the venue.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Tagging people who mentioned earlier in this thread that they got tickets.

MarzNC - Friday, Saturday
@jthree - maybe Saturday

@liquidfeet
@skinnyfootskis
@brooksnow
@TheGreenOne
@MissySki

Here are the hours for Snowbound Expo in Boston for 2023.

2pm – 8.30pm Friday November 3rd
10am - 7pm Saturday November 4th
10am - 4pm Sunday November 5th

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm planning to go on Friday, hoping the crowds will be manageable.
Hopefully given the larger venue, the aisles will be wider. As noted above, there will be more places to get refreshments so hopefully fewer long lines blocking the way.

Guess the size of the crowd on Friday could depend on how many people decide to take off from work early that day. Parents with kids don't usually show up until after 4pm or so.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga