• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I'm so glad you revived this thread! I have a few nice pictures from this season. Be prepared for a tour of Vermont!

This was Friday. I was skiing at Stratton, and you get a great view of Bromley, another ski area, across the valley:
147792288_10158885364095446_4270869190906649762_n.jpg

This is from Stratton, too:

IMG_2237.jpg

I took this at Mount Snow:

IMG_2349.jpg

This, at Okemo.

IMG_2310.jpg

And this is from Sugarbush.

IMG_2225.jpg

newbieM

Angel Diva
Wow these pics are amazing. Here are my pics from last month in Salt Lake and road tripping back out next week.

My first time skiing powder at Powder Mountain

8AABC2D5-952B-49B9-BD5B-DF0E64C50AFE.jpeg

Beautiful Alta, pretty quiet and empty weekday morning

9597BCF9-7E69-460E-A9BE-50F2970CC91C.jpeg

(Apologies I can’t for the life of me figure out how to rotate if someone wants to show me)

Last edited by a moderator:

newbieM

Angel Diva
It was my first time in fluffy foot of powder like that but technically my third day of skiing so not my first day but ya it was EPIC.

The fact that I was the first one down that run and pretty much got untouched powder all morning was insane.

My trip next week is going to focus on parallel turns, completing the turns, and flowwwww

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It was my first time in fluffy foot of powder like that but technically my third day of skiing so not my first day but ya it was EPIC.

The fact that I was the first one down that run and pretty much got untouched powder all morning was insane.

My trip next week is going to focus on parallel turns, completing the turns, and flowwwww
That was your third day ever skiing?

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So gorgeous. . .
I love snow!
Me too. Even if I'm not skiing. Here are some pics from my snowshoeing adventures. I get out almost every day near my house into the woods. Here's one of the many bridges over blackwater.
D637D560-49B9-48F6-8BA7-35A48126F866_1_201_a.jpeg
After a snow I have to duck under snow-loaded evergreens. Yes, this is the trail.
A30A0B44-4C9C-4921-867E-12B50ECDE97D_1_201_a.jpeg
This is a trail leading down to two ponds. I was breaking trail after a light snow. Fresh untracked snow, even on snowshoes, is my favorite thing these days.
breaking trail down to the ponds.JPG
This was thin fresh snow on thaw/freeze snow ice. Still fun, and oh so winter-wonderlandy.
E9B17644-873D-4C6D-9717-75F3188C095C_1_201_a.jpeg
Below, I've turned to look back up where I just came from. My tracks are now visible. I think about the differences between this and skiing every day. This is out in the snow, it's away from civilization, it's close to nature. What it lacks that skiing has is speed and big open spaces. What it has that skiing doesn't is getting very close to nature and feeling a part of it, along with the rocks and trees and animals that live there.
6D3EB13A-B881-4374-A5EA-2B9253E53F9B_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna