• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’m here! At Banff! Sunshine Village and Banff are well and truly everything I had hoped they would be. I didn’t ski or ride particularly well today and conditions were highly variable, but I am so in love with this place! It really is as incredible as it looks in pictures. I’m sorry to have missed @Albertan ski girl since I know she’s not free this weekend...but I’m having an amazing solo getaway.

View attachment 8826

AWESOME!! On my Bucket list.. Keep the photos coming!! Have a great time!!!

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Skied Mt. Bachelor for the first time today. Spring skiing all over the mountain, if you timed it right. Very hard to capture the size of the mountain. There is a skier in this picture on the edge of the groomer. Can you find him/her?

View attachment 8828
Is that the person next to the cluster of trees?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Only 3. Going to Mt. Hood Meadows tomorrow as a day trip. Then skiing Bachelor with my friends who live in southern Oregon during the weekend.
Then to Squaw? Think Grump skiing there now

kiki

Angel Diva
Wow it looks so beautiful still on the mountains!

I have been so sad that ski season is over. Have been golfing a lot after work the past two weeks.

today went for a long bike ride on my new IMG_3276.JPGIMG_3278.JPGIMG_3279.JPGIMG_3280.JPGIMG_3282.JPGIMG_3283.JPGbicycle and tried geocache hunting! It was a fun adventure and rather exhilarating!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not the best photo but proof there is still super fun snow in the Eastern Sierras. False White Mountain 12,002 feet. Toured with my friend and her dog saturday when road opened. Met 4 other women who started a bit before us at the tiny summit. Overcast sky kept the snow in perfect condition.
Sun came out for our ski down :smile:
20180505_120540_resized.jpg

Last edited:

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Went for a bike ride this evening and stumbled on a recently-disassembled chairlift at Mt. Ascutney (Vermont).

Sorry to quote my own post, but I just had a great conversation with a local bartender who used to be a lifty on the T-bar at Mt. Ascutney in 1968 (!). He was full of great stories, but the upshot is that these chairs are actually being installed, not taken down! Apparently they were donated to the nonprofit that runs the volunteer skiing operation in the winter. It won't go all the way to the top, but will access a nice variety of trails, I'm told.

Currently Ascutney is the second smallest ski area in New England, so it'll be fun to see wha the chairlift does to the rankings.

EDIT: The lift is in fact a T-Bar, not a chairlift. You'd think the lack of chairs would have been a giveaway! :redface: . To be fair, I thought I was looking at something in the process of being hauled away, so I just figured the chairs were gone already!

Still: cool T-Bar!

Last edited:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Skied at four mountains in five days in early May. Got very lucky with the weather. Hoping to do TRs but here is a quick look.

Mt. Hood Meadows, 04May
OR-CA safari May 2018 - 1.jpg

Mt. Bachelor, 06May (also skied Bachelor on 05May)
OR-CA safari May 2018 - 2.jpg

Squaw Valley 07May, Siberia
OR-CA safari May 2018 - 3.jpg

Squaw Valley 07May, High Camp
OR-CA safari May 2018 - 4.jpg

Mammoth, 08May
OR-CA safari May 2018 - 5.jpg

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
5F7B19D0-4BB2-4313-A1B8-AD6BD6FF7E89.jpeg

Ditched work for half the day on Friday and went to dog camp with my dog trainer! It’s such a Vermont thing... the dogs get picked up once a week and brought to a 100 acre farm just outside of Chittenden County for a couple hours to run and play in the fields and streams. My coworker and I joked that human children don’t get as nice adventures in other states!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly