• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Photo of the day

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My coworker and I joked that human children don’t get as nice adventures in other states!

Lol, that's so true! (And great pic of happy dogs!)

I just received this little write up about a fourth-grade class in Sharon, VT that spends a week in the woods learning about the forest, building fires and shelters, cooking, and playing. (One of the teachers is my "cousin-in-law"). I'm a little jealous of that school! Sadly I think if we tried to do that back in PA it would have been shut down immediately with words like "liability" and "test scores."

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Lol, that's so true! (And great pic of happy dogs!)

I just received this little write up about a fourth-grade class in Sharon, VT that spends a week in the woods learning about the forest, building fires and shelters, cooking, and playing. (One of the teachers is my "cousin-in-law"). I'm a little jealous of that school! Sadly I think if we tried to do that back in PA it would have been shut down immediately with words like "liability" and "test scores."

Great write-up and super cool program! I think you're sadly right. It's true that kids in Vermont aren't immune to the competitive pressures that are inflicted on students nationwide, but somehow I get the sense that parents and students are still less intense about college admissions and getting the "right" extra-curricular resume for the sake of getting into schools. It's the same culture, I think, that was described in that write-up that was making the rounds about Norwich, VT, where they have an abnormally large number of Olympians per capita because the kids are just taught to be engaged with their sport and their community.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
D167FFCE-2EEE-4B66-A235-9FCABC2A6628.jpeg

Hi everyone! Checking in from the west coast! I was lucky enough to do the drive from LA to (almost) the Bay Area yesterday and today and got this shot in Big Sur. The Pacific Coast Highway in the central coast of California reopened only a few weeks ago, which was a super great surprise.

I’ve been mostly laying low on the forum and not commenting much because I’ve been working on getting settled in at my new place in Maryland, and taking this west coast trip before I start a new (more stressful) job. I really enjoy reading what Divas are up to during the summer though! Hugs!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was lucky enough to do the drive from LA to (almost) the Bay Area yesterday and today and got this shot in Big Sur. The Pacific Coast Highway in the central coast of California reopened only a few weeks ago, which was a super great surprise.

SWEET! Lucky you to get there just after it opened. Its been a long wait, I love this raw coastal land!

BTW you drove by my house and possibly @santacruz skier .... could have stopped by :wink:

Last edited:

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
SWEET! Lucky you to get there just after it opened. Its been a long wait, I love this raw coastal land!

BTW you drove by my house and possibly @santacruz skier .... could have stopped by :wink:

I’m still in the Monterey area... heading up to SF tomorrow! Just tell me where and when. :thumb:

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Darn... I'm gone most of the day today but do stop in Santa Cruz! You'll love highway 1 to San Francisco - very unspoiled coast....

kiki

Angel Diva
Having a happy day!
After a rough start to the season witth an injury, then a flu, now a cold, i started the day with three great runs where i skiid well, now a break at ny favorite spot!IMG_6183.JPGIMG_6177.JPG

newboots

Angel Diva
F2D82419-1BC8-422D-91F7-3B2335CC931C.jpeg

I’ve given up on trying to turn these photos; trying to just makes them turn in some newer, non-upright position. Anyhow, this is on that trail at Killington where Rime and Reason connect. Love the flying skiers on the lift!

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
View attachment 10736

I’ve given up on trying to turn these photos; trying to just makes them turn in some newer, non-upright position. Anyhow, this is on that trail at Killington where Rime and Reason connect. Love the flying skiers on the lift!

Was that today? I heard there was snow overnight. But I also saw pictures of flooding in Ludlow.

newboots

Angel Diva
Was that today? I heard there was snow overnight. But I also saw pictures of flooding in Ludlow.

No! Mid-winter. I haven’t been skiing for awhile, given the bruised rib. It’s better. I probably should have gone today, but @SallyCat and I were getting actual work done! With her funny cat, Jack.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

There was a LOT of flooding yesterday; it was bonkers. I'm going to Killington on Friday and will report back. I heard today that Sunapee still has amazing snow if you're willing to skin for it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna