• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Pass details and pricing 24/ 25- Ikon, Indy, Epic, MCP etc

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I started to add to @ski diva 's post about Epic pass details for the upcoming season, and then belated realized it was about Epic so the other pass info doesn't belong there. So here's a post to share about other pass products. I'll start with a cut and paste of what I said in the other thread about Ikon passes.

Ikon will be on sale starting March 14, and their pricing is up on their site now. The only change I noticed from a quick glance was that Crystal now says "access changed" on the full Ikon, where it is listed under unlimited. It is not unlimited on the base pass.

Current pricing is Full Ikon $1249 ($1149 renewal rate)
Base Ikon $869 ($819 renewal rate)
Base Plus $1119 ($1069 renewal rate)
4 day session - $449 (note- session passes exclude some resorts, like Alta/bird)
3 day session - $379
2 day session - $259

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I also just got an email from Indy. Their passes went on sale to current and lapsed passholders on March 1, and will go on sale to the general public tomorrow March 8. If you are waitlisted and are planning to buy but haven't yet, I suggest doing so today, before things are opened up to everyone since they do sell out.

The good news for me is that all New England hills are still on there. But true to what has been mentioned elsewhere, PowMow is no longer on Indy. From the email:

Update On Returning Resorts & New Additions
Good morning,

We have some news on returning and new resorts, but first, if you have renewed your pass, thank you for supporting an alternative skiing experience that remains humble, welcoming, and down to earth.

If you have not yet renewed, our no-bank, no-interest payment plan remains available and you have until this evening to renew at the lowest price. Tomorrow, all remaining inventory will go on sale to the public at our third-tier pricing (10 AM MST, March 8). We expect that inventory will sell out even faster than last year. If you need any help completing your purchase, email our Colorado based support team at [email protected].

Last year, we renewed 104 out of 105 Alpine resorts, and by the time the season started, we were at a count of 185. This year, we are guaranteeing you at least 200 options on the pass, and here are some early details showing that we are well on our way:

A remarkable 97% of resorts have already been confirmed, and we are working through the remaining few. 100% of New England resorts are returning. Jay Peak, Waterville, Cannon, Pats Peak, Bolton Valley, Saddleback, Black Mountain, Catamount, Berkshire East, you name it. There are no big surprises at this point, and I think it was clear that Powder Mountain was going to move in another direction. We are still working with them on the final messaging and will backfill that area if needed.

Tomorrow, we will announce new alpine resorts in nearly every region alongside a brand new program that involves lots of powder with another form of uphill transportation...

We all have a role to play in keeping skiing independent, and we are grateful to have you by our side.
Erik

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I checked last years order and it looks like the ikon base is going up $40 vs last year. I also see my DD13 will no longer be eligible for the cheap child’s pass. HUGE ouch.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Mountain Collective Pass (MCP) is on sale. Price jumped a bit more than usual. In general, there has already been something new every year for the MCP.

The new twist is that the $30 renewal discount is good as long as the MCP is sold. Most likely the MCP will be available until mid-December 2024 for the 2024-25 season.

Bromont in QUE is the new member of the MCP.

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.00.56 AM.png
Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 7.09.19 AM.png

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@marzNC Any insight into how long the bonus day will be available? I don't see that anywhere, but since you've been buying the pass for a while maybe you know what they usually do.

marzNC

Angel Diva
2023-24 is the first season that the MCP has a physical RFID card. So far, I've used it direct-to-lift at Grand Targhee. I expect Alta and Snowbird to also be set up for direct-to-lift.

Q) Should I save my physical pass for next year?

A) YES! Your physical pass can be reused for future seasons with Mountain Collective. Please save your pass for re-use in future seasons! Since your physical pass will work each year you renew with Mountain Collective, be sure to save your pass as replacement passes will have a cost.

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC Any insight into how long the bonus day will be available? I don't see that anywhere, but since you've been buying the pass for a while maybe you know what they usually do.
Based on the past few years, the bonus day went away by the middle of May. The price goes up a few times before the highest price in late September. I've been keeping track of the MCP since 2018.

For 2023-24, the price range was $570 to $650 for adults
For 2022-23, the price range was $539 to $599 for adults

Christy

Angel Diva
The only change I noticed from a quick glance was that Crystal now says "access changed" on the full Ikon, where it is listed under unlimited.
They responded to customer complaints of park outs by removing full access a couple years ago, and now have responded to customer complaints about the 7 day access by reinstating full access but requiring vehicle reservations Fri-Sun. They also are going to remove the parking fee if you book less than 5 days in advance; parking costs $22 this year so we'll see what it is next year. They say they can manage crowds now via the parking reservation system. They are going to take away the ski area specific season pass that cost $1899+ tax now. From the Seattle Times:

As Crystal Mountain and snow play areas across Washington have contended with skyrocketing demand for winter sports in recent years, cramped parking lots and crowded lift lines have become flashpoints for debates over recreation access. Crystal leadership says these new initiatives reflect ongoing conversations with customers.

There are few things worse than planning a day of fresh powder only to discover there’s nowhere to park at the ski hill. In recent years, Crystal has refined its reservation system to avoid that scenario: the dreaded “park-out.”

“We feel if you make a reservation with us and get in your car and drive up here, you should expect to ski that day,” Darbous said. “That wasn’t something at the time that you could guarantee, with the popularity of the sport and the growing population around Puget Sound region. Our program next winter will come with some new technology pieces that will allow us to confidently say, ‘If you make a reservation, you will be guaranteed a spot that day.’ ”

The ski resort also announced Thursday that parking on the mountain will be free in the 2024-25 season for customers who make reservations within five days of their visit. Reservations will be required on holidays and Fridays through Sundays, from season’s start to season’s end. Reserved parking will be available outside the five-day window, for a fee. (That is, in November, you will be able to pay to reserve a parking space for a weekend around Christmas).

MissySki

Angel Diva
They responded to customer complaints of park outs by removing full access a couple years ago, and now have responded to customer complaints about the 7 day access by reinstating full access but requiring vehicle reservations Fri-Sun. They also are going to remove the parking fee if you book less than 5 days in advance; parking costs $22 this year so we'll see what it is next year. They say they can manage crowds now via the parking reservation system. They are going to take away the ski area specific season pass that cost $1899+ tax now. From the Seattle Times:

As Crystal Mountain and snow play areas across Washington have contended with skyrocketing demand for winter sports in recent years, cramped parking lots and crowded lift lines have become flashpoints for debates over recreation access. Crystal leadership says these new initiatives reflect ongoing conversations with customers.

There are few things worse than planning a day of fresh powder only to discover there’s nowhere to park at the ski hill. In recent years, Crystal has refined its reservation system to avoid that scenario: the dreaded “park-out.”

“We feel if you make a reservation with us and get in your car and drive up here, you should expect to ski that day,” Darbous said. “That wasn’t something at the time that you could guarantee, with the popularity of the sport and the growing population around Puget Sound region. Our program next winter will come with some new technology pieces that will allow us to confidently say, ‘If you make a reservation, you will be guaranteed a spot that day.’ ”

The ski resort also announced Thursday that parking on the mountain will be free in the 2024-25 season for customers who make reservations within five days of their visit. Reservations will be required on holidays and Fridays through Sundays, from season’s start to season’s end. Reserved parking will be available outside the five-day window, for a fee. (That is, in November, you will be able to pay to reserve a parking space for a weekend around Christmas).
At least there is some plan in place.. I was very curious seeing them revert back to unlimited.

Christy

Angel Diva
It seems like with parking reservations it should be manageable? I wonder if, while theoretically you have unlimited access, you aren't always going to be able to get a spot for your car.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It seems like with parking reservations it should be manageable? I wonder if, while theoretically you have unlimited access, you aren't always going to be able to get a spot for your car.

This is the part I am most curious about:
Our program next winter will come with some new technology pieces that will allow us to confidently say, ‘If you make a reservation, you will be guaranteed a spot that day.’ ”

Right now there are people on reddit who boast about not making reservations and tearing up any subsequent tickets from Crystal. I assume they are planning to address that with the "new technology"?

Christy

Angel Diva
@TiffAlt I hadn't even thought about that. What does a ticket even MEAN there? Nothing, apparently. Maybe the parking attendants will scan a QR code. If I prepay for parking in the Mariners garage, I show a QR code to get in.

MissySki

Angel Diva
@TiffAlt I hadn't even thought about that. What does a ticket even MEAN there? Nothing, apparently. Maybe the parking attendants will scan a QR code. If I prepay for parking in the Mariners garage, I show a QR code to get in.
I would think that is exactly what they need to do. You have some sort of electronic pass to scan when entering, otherwise you are turned away.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Ki

Not that this makes any difference to me, but I’m confused. (I have a cold, and my head is filled with congestion, so it's pressing on my brain, lol!). They're going to REMOVE the parking fee if you're last minute? So, if I make a parking reservation, to be sure I get one, I pay, but then someone who gambles and waits until the last minute gets to park free?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Ki

Not that this makes any difference to me, but I’m confused. (I have a cold, and my head is filled with congestion, so it's pressing on my brain, lol!). They're going to REMOVE the parking fee if you're last minute? So, if I make a parking reservation, to be sure I get one, I pay, but then someone who gambles and waits until the last minute gets to park free?
Counterintuitive.. but that will probably help them fill in any available overage that remains closer to the date or from cancellations. Problem being, when you wait that long you are less likely to be able to get a spot because people will want to plan ahead and ensure they get one. It’s a gamble to wait. At least that’s what I assume.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

I would think that is exactly what they need to do. You have some sort of electronic pass to scan when entering, otherwise you are turned away.

Yep - either QR code or by plate I'm familiar with.

On the last big powder day, they had some traffic enforcement at the top of the hill - no one was sure what exactly it was for - they didn't ask for any type of ID, but maybe they were testing the feasibility of how long it took to check plates? I dunno, this is just speculation, but after I read this, I wondered if maybe they were testing some logistics on enforcement.

TiffAlt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ki

My first thought was that they may be counting on people to reserve well in advance - like on popular weekends, especially if people know there's going to be a big dump coming, no reservations will be available last minute. FOMO thing

mustski

Angel Diva
It may work like at Palisades Tahoe. People can reserve way in advance so those planning vacations, who want to be sure of parking, can pay and lock it in. However, a certain number of free spaces are left available and become open to reservation the Tuesday before at noon and then a second set at 7:00 PM on the same Tuesday. They do go fast, but most people seem to be able to get them. There are penalties for non showing up for a reserved space that wasn't cancelled.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna