• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New Member Profile Features

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Now that we've upgraded the forum software, we have a number of really cool features available on our Member Profile pages.

Click on "Your Profile" in drop down menu under Quick Links at the top of the page, and take a look -- it looks sort of like FaceBook or a MySpace page, doesn't it? Now you can upload photo albums, leave visitor messages for one another, see whose visited your profile page, and so on. Go take a look; explore. Have fun.

The "friend" thing is funny! :becky:

So, should my feelings be hurt if I request a friend and they don't respond? :ROTF: (ok....why would you NOT want to be a friend with NVG?....there are so many freakin' perks!!!!!)

Is there a prize for the MOST friends? :eyebrows:

Good Lord! Something about the "friend" thing feels like Junior High School again! :ROTF:

I'm going to request friendships from EVERYONE!!!! :love:

Just give me some time......900 of you is A LOT! :ROTF:

(don't reject me.......:nono:)

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, should my feelings be hurt if I request a friend and they don't respond? :ROTF: (ok....why would you NOT want to be a friend with NVG?....there are so many freakin' perks!!!!!)

:spit::spit::spit:

Damnit, NVG, there is now OATMEAL all over my freakin screen. :ROTF:

But, I can attest there are plenty of perks to being NVG's friend. :love:

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:spit::spit::spit:

Damnit, NVG, there is now OATMEAL all over my freakin screen. :ROTF:

But, I can attest there are plenty of perks to being NVG's friend. :love:

Good thing I finished my white hot chocolate before visiting this thread.... :laugh:

but yes... NVG is very perky... errr I mean there are many perks to being her friend!:ROTF:

persee

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I realized that it's kinda sad looking at profile for people before they start doing the "friend" thing... it says "<user> has not made any friends" doesn't that seem a bit harsh?:confused:

And yes... of course NVG is ahead of us all on this new profile thing... I'll be lucky if I get any pictures posted before the month is over... stupid work!

I like it when it says, "Your friendship with ____________ is pending." :dance:

OMG! Junior High School would have been a lot easier if I KNEW that friendships were pending....and I just hadn't been rejected! :becky:

Jilly

Staff member
I haven't even figured out how things work and she's already asking to be my friend. You can, I'll get around to adding friends on a rainy day. I've been 5 months moving things to a laptop, from the desktop!! So computers and I don't move fast!

I haven't even figured out how things work and she's already asking to be my friend. You can, I'll get around to adding friends on a rainy day. I've been 5 months moving things to a laptop, from the desktop!! So computers and I don't move fast!

I think you have to approve me or something!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
The "friend" thing is funny! :becky:

Is there a prize for the MOST friends? :eyebrows:

Good Lord! Something about the "friend" thing feels like Junior High School again! :ROTF:

I'm going to request friendships from EVERYONE!!!! :love:

Just give me some time......900 of you is A LOT! :ROTF:

(don't reject me.......:nono:)

The feature is a lot like Facebook or MySpace. I think that's probably where the concept came from.

To accept a "friend," click on the picture of them that arrives on your profile page, then click "save." That should do it.

snowski/swimmouse

Angel Diva
technologically challenged

Oooh! The technology is wayyyyy over my head! I only got my first computer in October and I'm NOT good at it! ...can't follow directions to save my life...:frusty::faint:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Is there something specific you want to know? I'll be happy to try to help. Just post your question or send me a PM.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to post a picture in a thread or a post, go here or here for an explanation.

If you want to put in an avatar (that's the picture beside your name), go to "Edit Options", which you can access through the drop down menu under "Quick Links" at the top of the page. You'll see a link in your User Control Panel on the left, which says "Edit Your Details." Just follow the directions. You have two choices: you can link to a photo that's already on a host site like Photobucket or Flickr, in which case you put in the url address, or upload the photo from your computer, which you can do by selecting "choose file."

Hope this helps. :smile:

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fun!!! I like this idea.

So, like "Tom" on myspace, does SkiDiva automatically become your friend?:wink:

hoodgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The above conversation is hilarious, it made me laugh out loud.

I do like the new profile features.

Fun!!! I like this idea.

So, like "Tom" on myspace, does SkiDiva automatically become your friend?:wink:

I think you gotta ask her.....then be "pending".....then she will approve you! LOL!!! I love this thing!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga