• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New England Travel Restrictions (other than VT)

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
RI is going to be partnering with the Broad now for some of their testing as well. Anyone following RI knows that they are in some serious trouble compared to the rest of New England right now. Their state lab is unable to keep up with an appropriate demand levels and their hospitals are just about at capacity. My friend is an emergency room doc in RI ( though usually pediatric), and she is super concerned about the current situation there with the field hospital addition etc. She’s not one to get overly excited about anything with facility capacity this whole time, so I definitely took note of her fears this week.

It’s true. And it makes me totally nuts since it is avoidable. Instead of wanting what’s best for everyone, too many people want what they want and don’t care or are so unaware (uneducated or watching ‘news’) that they catch it. I’m guessing somewhere in the 50-50 range on that. They are preparing field hospitals for potential overflow. I hope to God we don’t get to that and we didn’t during the first wave. But we are approaching that need. I am floored by those who think our governor is an evil control freak rather than someone trying her best during unprecedented and difficult times!

MissySki

Angel Diva
It’s true. And it makes me totally nuts since it is avoidable. Instead of wanting what’s best for everyone, too many people want what they want and don’t care or are so unaware (uneducated or watching ‘news’) that they catch it. I’m guessing somewhere in the 50-50 range on that. They are preparing field hospitals for potential overflow. I hope to God we don’t get to that and we didn’t during the first wave. But we are approaching that need. I am floored by those who think our governor is an evil control freak rather than someone trying her best during unprecedented and difficult times!

Unfortunately they have already started admitting patients into the field hospital this time. :( That was part of my friend’s post, that it was starting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wp...patients-admitted-to-a-ri-field-hospital/amp/

I don’t understand the animosity either, but I think it’s all governors right now. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t by one side or the other no matter what. I think Gina has done a great job. I like her press conferences, she’s real and very transparent seeming in them.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Back in line for the same good ole testing site :thumbsup: Today when arriving 2 hrs early for site opening I’m only around 20 cars back whereas last Tuesday I was at least 50. I was kind of surprised that the rush of after holiday testing seems better than the pre-holiday one last week considering people are supposed to test or quarantine when returning from pretty much everywhere. Though there are plenty of people behind me now as well. Brought some appropriate reading with me to pass the time!

View attachment 14225
I have that book in my bookshelves. Should I drag it out and read again?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unfortunately they have already started admitting patients into the field hospital this time. :( That was part of my friend’s post, that it was starting.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wp...patients-admitted-to-a-ri-field-hospital/amp/

I don’t understand the animosity either, but I think it’s all governors right now. They are damned if they do and damned if they don’t by one side or the other no matter what. I think Gina has done a great job. I like her press conferences, she’s real and very transparent seeming in them.

☹️ I actually have the channel 12 app. I mostly don’t watch TV or at least TV news these days. It’s very sad. And I hope it can be wrestled back under control.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna