• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: NE East Coast Demo Days

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just got an email from Gunstock, and I see they are having demos this weekend. From their site:

Sat, January 13 — Sun, January 14
Come try out this season's top skis, courtesy of Mountainside Outfitters and Piche's Ski Shop. Mountainside Outfitters will be offering free one hour demos on Head skis. Piche's will be featuring demos from Blizzard, K2, Nordica, Rosignol, Salomon, and Volkl.

Demos are free to season pass holders and the public with purchase of a lift ticket. Event starts at 8:30 and goes to 4:00pm.

sevensaes

Certified Ski Diva
Hunter Mountain Demo Days (Sat and Sun) Mar 3-4 8:30a-4p

I went last year and it was huge fun. Current list of this year's attendees:
  • Atomic
  • Dynastar
  • Fischer
  • Head
  • Line
  • K-2
  • Nordica
  • Rossignol
  • Salomon
  • Ride
  • K-2
  • Never Summer
Volkl, Kastle and Stockli were there last year (and guessing may be here this year too). AND it is 2018-19 equipment!

https://www.huntermtn.com/event/demo-day-march/

Polly

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
hi i saw a mid-atlantic thread for collecting demo days for 2017-2018 season. i'd like to start one for the northeast - which i would include some northern mid-atlantic ones.

what demo days do you know happening in NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA/VT/NH/ME/Canada?

i looked into demo'ing and it is costly. not really interested... i would rather attend a day where all the brands are represented and i can try them all - !

Friday 3/30 Ken Jones Ski Mart at Waterville Valley- NH.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Hunter Mountain Demo Days (Sat and Sun) Mar 3-4 8:30a-4p

I went last year and it was huge fun. Current list of this year's attendees:
  • Atomic
  • Dynastar
  • Fischer
  • Head
  • Line
  • K-2
  • Nordica
  • Rossignol
  • Salomon
  • Ride
  • K-2
  • Never Summer
Volkl, Kastle and Stockli were there last year (and guessing may be here this year too). AND it is 2018-19 equipment!

https://www.huntermtn.com/event/demo-day-march/

so it ended up being Sat Mar 10 due to the power outage on Sat Mar 3

https://www.huntermtn.com/event/demo-day-march/ (website is revised)

the companies who did not come: Fischer, Salomon, Ride, NeverSummer
the companies who did come:
  • Atomic
  • Dynastar
  • Head
  • Line
  • K-2
  • Nordica
  • Rossignol

i wrote up what i tested here in this thread: https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-me-figure-out-which-skis-to-demo.22379
and yes i tested 2018-2019 gear !

sevensaes

Certified Ski Diva
@echo_NY, I read your report on your demo day with interest! Glad that Hunter could regroup so quickly after the cancellation on Mar 3 and still get a good representation of vendors to show up. Really glad that you found "your" skis! I'd like to try the Santa Ana 93s myself, hopefully at an early-season demo day next season. :smile:

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i know it was so unexpected. i asked the director of our seasonals program if demo day would be rescheduled and she said so far it's completely canceled but if i hear of anything i'll let you know. and on Wed or Thu i got an email from her that it was ON for Sat Mar 10.

@sevensaes i'm so glad it was helpful. i was really happy with a number of skis i got to try. i would have been so -not- happy if there weren't a lot of optimal contenders. then i would have to consider stuff i tried last year and make a guessing decision as to what to get. i hope you find a demo day!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna