• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: NE East Coast Demo Days

echo_VT

Angel Diva
hi i saw a mid-atlantic thread for collecting demo days for 2017-2018 season. i'd like to start one for the northeast - which i would include some northern mid-atlantic ones.

what demo days do you know happening in NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA/VT/NH/ME/Canada?

i looked into demo'ing and it is costly. not really interested... i would rather attend a day where all the brands are represented and i can try them all - !

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Demo'ing can add up, but if you are really looking for new skis some places will put the demo fees towards the cost of a purchase. Wachusett will refund all demo fees from the 2 weeks prior to a purchase. If you aren't necessarily looking to buy but just try out something new, I agree, a demo day can be just what the dr. ordered. Especially since demo days are usually paired with a discounted lift ticket.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jan 6- Sunday River- Indie skis
Feb 26- Plattekill- skis.com customers
March 10- Stratton demo day
March 14-18- Sunapee demo days

Also check the Sport Thoma website, they have demo days all over throughout the season.

SallyCat

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Blue Mountain Buckman's Demo Day: Wednesday, February 21.

The Loft Demo Day at Camelback: Sunday, February 11.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
I'm in your area too and just found out that Demo Day at Belleayre (Jimmy's Ski Shop) is this Saturday. They carry the Atomic Clouds and Volkl Flairs among others (all ones I'm interested in demo'ing too but won't make it this weekend). Please post your reviews as they'd be helpful for me!

here is one posted in the east coast skis recommendations wanted thread - Belleayre this weekend! i'm emailing them to confirm what they'll have available for demo this Sat.

marzNC

Angel Diva
here is one posted in the east coast skis recommendations wanted thread - Belleayre this weekend! i'm emailing them to confirm what they'll have available for demo this Sat.

Is the Demo Day Saturday or Sunday? Website says Jan. 14, 2018, which is Sunday.

Screen Shot 2018-01-09 at 3.48.22 PM.png

sevensaes

Certified Ski Diva
Hi, I was the one who posted about this Saturday at Belleayre...I just talked to the shop on the phone and that's where I got the info (couldn't find anything about it online which is why I called to ask). I think the link that was posted is from last year.
Also, Hunter Mtn Demo Day will be sometime in March (new equipment for 2018-19) but they told me the date hasn't been set yet (but will be posted soon).

echo_VT

Angel Diva
Hi, I was the one who posted about this Saturday at Belleayre...I just talked to the shop on the phone and that's where I got the info (couldn't find anything about it online which is why I called to ask). I think the link that was posted is from last year.
Also, Hunter Mtn Demo Day will be sometime in March (new equipment for 2018-19) but they told me the date hasn't been set yet (but will be posted soon).

thank you @sevensaes for the update!

marzNC

Angel Diva
the link you posted says 1/14/2017 - that's last season, no? did they get the year wrong?
Oops, my mistake. Still not quite into 2018 yet. :redface:

That means neither Belleayre nor Jimmy's has anything on a website or in Facebook about a demo day this weekend. At least I can't find anything.

sevensaes

Certified Ski Diva
Yeah I was a bit shocked when he told me it was this Saturday! I was mainly calling today to see what skis they carry for demo and happened to casually ask when Demo Day was. And also can't understand why nothing is posted online. I'm sure I'm remembering what I was told correctly but anyone else who happens to call or email them may want to post to confirm!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
did you get a list of what skis they carry for demo? or will demo day include vendors and their fleet? (if so, what vendors will be there...?)

sevensaes

Certified Ski Diva
I don't have much info other than what I've already provided unfortunately...I know they do this annual Demo Day at Belleayre but haven't been before, and don't know if they are the only vendor there or not. I only asked them specifically about some of the skis I am interested in (Atomic Cloud 11, not sure if they have 12 but guessing yes), Volkl Flair (he mentioned they carry several sizes including in 70s-80s). I also demo'ed Atomic Vantage xCTI 80 from them last season. They are typically nice enough on the phone but often seem a bit rushed so I didn't press for much more info.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I don't have much info other than what I've already provided unfortunately...I know they do this annual Demo Day at Belleayre but haven't been before, and don't know if they are the only vendor there or not. I only asked them specifically about some of the skis I am interested in (Atomic Cloud 11, not sure if they have 12 but guessing yes), Volkl Flair (he mentioned they carry several sizes including in 70s-80s). I also demo'ed Atomic Vantage xCTI 80 from them last season. They are typically nice enough on the phone but often seem a bit rushed so I didn't press for much more info.
My guess based on the info from 2017 is that this a shop Demo Day. That means there is one tent with a few models provided by the shop. That's why the list of brands is relatively short in comparison to a Demo Day where marketing reps set up separate tents. Belleayre is not the sort of mountain that would draw enough people to make it worth the time for a regional rep. The list from 2017 was Volkl, Atomic, and Elan.

sevensaes

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks marzNC, that makes sense. And explains why I haven't been able to find any info about a multi-vendor Demo Day like the one at Hunter.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
i got a message! it reads:

Our Demo Day is Saturday 1/13 at Belleayre Mountain. We will have reps from Atomic, Elan, Volkl and Rossignol. As the reps bring the line of skis I have no way of knowing what models they will have, but they generally have a good mixture of Men's and Women's.

Hope to see you Saturday,

Cathy Rotella
Belleayre Ski Shop
845-254-5338

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna