• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My Ski Season is Over

NannyMin

Banned
Hey TSB! I'm glad you gave us an update. I've been wondering how you were doing. Keep going with the PT (not that you have much choice:rolleyes: ) and next season when you're rippin down the the slopes all of this will be but a distant memory.
:grouphug:

Jilly

Staff member
Glad to hear that things went well. Enjoy being pampered for a while. Heal right and heal fast!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly, NannyMin,

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. The shoulder pain is a "0" as long as I'm not moving it too much, but move it I must, particularly as I had frozen shoulder a couple of years ago...the doc is concerned it may come back.

The hardest part is sleeping, but that's what drugs are for. :D

Turns out I can use the treadmill at my PT office, so I'm going to take advantage of that...saves me some money.

I've been wanting to get a puppy for the longest time, and so my DH and I decided it might be a good thing to keep me company and help me in my rehab. We rescued a border collie/black lab mix yesterday! She's a doll, and so, so loving.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whew! Been thinking about you and hoping you heal well.
Keep us posted.

lv2ski

Certified Ski Diva
Oh gosh, soo sorry to hear :(
My husband severly sprained his other ankle(did this last fall also) playing hockey last week. So I will be skiing less also probably with my #1 ski buddy out of comission.
Heal soon, and look forward to really making up for it next winter!

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats on the new family member--I'm sure she'll be great company for you!

Sending more healing vibes your way.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
J
I've been wanting to get a puppy for the longest time, and so my DH and I decided it might be a good thing to keep me company and help me in my rehab. We rescued a border collie/black lab mix yesterday! She's a doll, and so, so loving.
I'm a major supporter of animal rescue and rights -- thank you so much for doing this. She will be a great rehab companion - animals have amazing "healing" power.

Keep that shoulder in motion (within limits, of course). I, too, once endured adhesive capsulitis and was fortunate (and determined enough) to dump it in 8+- months. But :eek: was that painful and immobilizing.

Thinking of you as you progress through healing.
MSL

Jilly

Staff member
:useless:
Come on lets see the puppy. I bet it's a sweetheart. And keep up the good work and heal well.

NannyMin

Banned
Great news! It sounds like you're healing and progressing nicely. The puppy sounds adorable and will serve as a welcome distraction, plus another reason to get out and walk! How old is the puppy?

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Jilly, NannyMin,

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. The shoulder pain is a "0" as long as I'm not moving it too much, but move it I must, particularly as I had frozen shoulder a couple of years ago...the doc is concerned it may come back.

The hardest part is sleeping, but that's what drugs are for. :D

Turns out I can use the treadmill at my PT office, so I'm going to take advantage of that...saves me some money.

Good for you - sounds like you're on the mend.

As for the puppy- kudos! My furbaby is a rescue and I couldn't have asked for a better dog or loved her more!

See her here https://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/view_photo.php?id=459791&offset=9

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:useless:
Come on lets see the puppy. I bet it's a sweetheart. And keep up the good work and heal well.

Here's a pic of Clara. She's adorable (if I do say so myself). When we first got her home she was terrified of all of the 4-8' snow banks, now she just dives into them at every opportunity!

SmlClara.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:love: :love: Adorable dog. She'll ease your pain :smile: !

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
Hi,

I am so sorry that you had a season ending injury. It's really a bummer. You'll be back, though and probably better than ever. I hope your spirits are good and that you are well on your way to full recovery by now. I've been there. It's not easy. But, trust me, when you come back to skiing, you'll be a better skier.

Lisa

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna