• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My Ski Season is Over

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so completely bummed out...

While skiing yesterday I was flying down a trail (ungroomed) and caught an edge. I did a complete yard sale and went down on my head and shoulder. The upshot is that I fractured my humeral head in three places. The doctor at the med center was great (gave me lots of good drugs :D ) and I'm going to see the orthopedic next week. The med center doc prepared me for the worst...surgery is fairly likely.

The one good thing is I was wearing a helmet (stories on this board and elsewhere convinced me to start wearing one). I really hit my head, so I can only imagine what my injury would have been if I hadn't had it on. Wear a helmet! I'm sure it saved me from having a concussion.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am so sorry to hear this. Not to be a Pollyanna Butthead, but a fracture will heal better than a ligament tear.

Heal well and stay positive!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
oh man! That stinks - but you're right, you are super lucky to have been wearing a helmet.
Heal well.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm so sorry to hear that! Thankfully you were wearing a helmet and the new isn't worse. Still, major injury always sucks, and it makes it worse when you can't do some of the things that would cheer you up (like skiing). Enjoy the drugs (:cool: ) and try to stay positive. Wishing you a full and quick recovery. +++++++++++

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Oh no------:Cry: SO sorry to hear this!!!! You poor thing.....PLEASE keep us posted, we'll do what we can to cheer you up. We may be a poor substitute for skiing ---but friends can help, even virtual/online ones (I hope).

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Oh no! I am so sorry to hear this. Positive vibes for a speedy recovery!!!

Ski Spirit

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
TSB,
Very sorry to hear about your injury. Thank goodness you were wearing a helmet!! Hope the healing process goes smoothly and quickly.

NannyMin

Banned
I am so completely bummed out...

While skiing yesterday I was flying down a trail (ungroomed) and caught an edge. I did a complete yard sale and went down on my head and shoulder. The upshot is that I fractured my humeral head in three places. The doctor at the med center was great (gave me lots of good drugs :D ) and I'm going to see the orthopedic next week. The med center doc prepared me for the worst...surgery is fairly likely.

The one good thing is I was wearing a helmet (stories on this board and elsewhere convinced me to start wearing one). I really hit my head, so I can only imagine what my injury would have been if I hadn't had it on. Wear a helmet! I'm sure it saved me from having a concussion.

I'm so sorry TSB! :Cry: Take care of yourself and eat lots of chocolate!

I think this means you need to head to Chile, Australia, New Zealand or somewhere fun to ski this summer!

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Jilly

Staff member
Oh another Diva down. Take it easy and now you can plan all those neat things for next season. Or head down under. I like that idea. Keep posting and let us know how everything goes. We're here for ya!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone! I don't think I've watched more TV/movies in one day than I have today. Ugh...I'd so much rather be on the slopes!

I like the idea of a trip to the Southern Hemisphere this summer...we'll see if it's possible. The doctor at the med center told me I'm probably out until September. (Forgot to mention it also looks like I tore the ligament between the humerus and the shoulder. An MRI will probably be scheduled next week.

NannyMin...I'm a chef with a specialty in chocolate. I'm supposed to be submitting a dessert in for a charity event next weekend. My best friend called me this morning to say she dreamed she made the dessert with me (basically acting as my arms) while I stood over her shoulder telling her exactly what to do! lol...I think we're going to try that even though she is not a pastry chef by any means. Wish us luck!

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear of your injuries. I hope you feel better fast--you'll be ready for next season! :hug:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
So sorry to hear about your injury! SOOO glad you were wearing a helmet.

Hope you have a complete and speedy recovery.

BTW, the idea for making the chocolate dessert with your friend sounds great! And while you're making the dessert for charity, make one for yourself, too. Chocolate ALWAYS makes everything better.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:( A shortened season and injury is never fun. Hope you're recovery is quick. Love the using the friend's hands for the chocolate dessert! Reminds me of those gags where one person stands behind another and acts as arms!

Bravosarah

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh no that's terrible! I hope you're feeling better soon.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh no a :yardsale:that lead to an injury :injured: ?
Two things come to mind:

Heal fast!

Hope your skis are okay :fear:

snowgirl

Certified Ski Diva
aww hope you feel better!

I also got injured skiing up in Tremblant, landed on my knee and I have a hairline fracture. I'm finally getting used to the crutches, hang in there!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hope your skis are okay :fear:

ROFL! My skis are just fine...thankfully they released.

My husband jokingly said on the way home, "well, it looks like I'm inheriting a great storage space." (I sprung to store my equipment in the yurt next to the gondola...dead convenient, and now the space is his.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna