• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My Ski Season is Over

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
aww hope you feel better!

I also got injured skiing up in Tremblant, landed on my knee and I have a hairline fracture. I'm finally getting used to the crutches, hang in there!

Sorry to hear about your injury, too! When did this happen? Will you be able to ski again this season?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
ROFL! My skis are just fine...thankfully they released.

My husband jokingly said on the way home, "well, it looks like I'm inheriting a great storage space." (I sprung to store my equipment in the yurt next to the gondola...dead convenient, and now the space is his.)
Spoken like a DH!
For him I guess it is! For me it's the fact he has to wait on me hand and foot. :laugh:
He's waiting on you? Wow, you got a keeper!!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True story:
One day I decided to try a mean bump run at a local ski hill.
I fell after my third turn and it took me a bit to get up.
My husband stops just short of me, and says, "Hope you know, even if you're hurt, I still need you to shovel sidewalks at work tomorrow"

mollmeister

Angel Diva
True story:
My husband stops just short of me, and says, "Hope you know, even if you're hurt, I still need you to shovel sidewalks at work tomorrow"

Are you certain your husband isn't a polygamist who is also married to me?!

Lori_K

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Aw, TSB! I didn't even want to open this thread and read it. But it sounds like you have a good doctor, and your spirits are good, too. Hang in there, do all your PT during recovery, and you'll be ready to rip again in no time!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True story:

LOL ... my husband had knee surgery the morning of our famous blizzard in '03; he was one of the last patients before they canceled all but the emergency procedures.

So yes, I was left with shoveling 43" of snow (or whatever it was). Actually, the worst part wasn't the shoveling, but the continual need to knock snow off all the trees in the yard in efforts to save them from breaking.

I'll have to remember your husband's line.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh, TSB, that's so sad!

On the UP side -- at least it's a "spectacular fall" story. DH was embarrassed and totally hated to tell the story about his season-ender a few years ago, when he broke his hand simply tipping over while "strolling along" on a cat track...

Take care, don't rush things, and enjoy the extra helping hands!

(add a little extra protein -- you'll need it to rebuild!)

Kano

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
True story:

Too funny! One of the first thing I informed DH of was I would not be doing any more shoveling or snow blowing for the rest of the winter. He looked at me and kind of shrugged in one of those, "yeah, you're right" ways. (We have a really long driveway, and it tends to drift a lot. Considering how much snow we're getting this year--broke records for both December and January--he's got his work cut out for him.)

One other silver lining...DH returned my season pass yesterday, and because I also had a doctor's note, they refunded (via a gift card which I can use towards next year's pass) just over half the cost of my pass ($503). :thumbsup:

NannyMin

Banned
I like the idea of a trip to the Southern Hemisphere this summer...we'll see if it's possible.

We could do a Diva trip! Who's in? :ski2:

NannyMin...I'm a chef with a specialty in chocolate. I'm supposed to be submitting a dessert in for a charity event next weekend. My best friend called me this morning to say she dreamed she made the dessert with me (basically acting as my arms) while I stood over her shoulder telling her exactly what to do! lol...I think we're going to try that even though she is not a pastry chef by any means. Wish us luck!

You know TSB, now that you've shared this interesting tidbit of information, I think you should now be honored with the official title, "SkiDiva Pastry Chef". Of course, that would mean you would need to bring something yummy to all of the SkiDiva events!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We could do a Diva trip! Who's in? :ski2:

If my arm is healed, I'm in!!!

You know TSB, now that you've shared this interesting tidbit of information, I think you should now be honored with the official title, "SkiDiva Pastry Chef". Of course, that would mean you would need to bring something yummy to all of the SkiDiva events!

You're on! If I'm able to have enough mobility by Solitude, I'll send something to all of you there. :becky:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You're on! If I'm able to have enough mobility by Solitude, I'll send something to all of you there. :becky:

Heal up fast then! :p Your best friend should have gotten the hang of being your hands by then, right? :cool:

Seriously though, hope you heal up well and fast and are able to make up for lost time as soon as you are well enough to get back on snow. A southern hemisphere trip sounds awesome. If money weren't an object....

joycemocha

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Boy, do I know this injury! It's identical to the one that DH had the day after Thanksgiving--except he only fractured his humerus in one place, not three.

Hopefully they'll get you into surgery faster than they did him, but he had some additional stuff going on that made them nervous.

They aren't kidding about the six months, either. He just got rid of the sling this weekend (six weeks after surgery), and boy does it hurt. OTOH, my sister-in-law had a similar injury, only she tripped and fell at her daughter's house--at least you and DH were having fun when you did it!

Keep up with your post-surgery exercises. The doc is concerned about DH because it appears there's a permanent divot in the bone. But he's been very diligent about his exercises--and his PT says the most gains are made in this first six weeks after surgery. After that, it becomes incremental.

He also had rotator cuff issues as well--that's pretty common, from what his orthopedist said.

Good luck!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So verrry sorry to hear of your injuries (both of you!).

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well...saw the orthopedic today. Not good...seems I broke my humerus in multiple places, my shoulder, tore my rotator cuff...basically, you name something I could have done to my shoulder, and I did it. My surgery is tomorrow...ah well...I'm very determined to work my butt off in PT. Doc is a little concerned I'll get frozen shoulder since I already had it in this shoulder two years ago...NOT ON MY WATCH!!! Take THAT injury! :fencing:

So sorry to hear the news. Just think positively. That will help your recovery. We'll all be thinking of you tomorrow so please post when you are well enough to let us know that you made it through surgery ok.....

:love:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna