• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
getimage.aspx

I LOVE these. Who makes them? :drool:

Volkl had a similar pair a year or so ago (black with flowers), but I didn't find out about them til they were alllllllllll gone. :(

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I cannot get these multi colored Scotts out of my mind.

Whoever started this thread needs to die!!!:mad2:

The kids get new pants this year; I got new pants last year - the kids get new pants this year; I got new pants last year (I'm just gonna hope repetition gets the message to sink in)...

Stowski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm drooling. I have a fetish for funky pants! Bought some gray and black columbia slash mark looking pants for my daughter. Looking at some red plaid ones (that don't match any coat I own) for me.

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only two things keep me from questing for those pants:

1) I am 4'11" and they wouldn't fit anyway; and

2) I would have to buy a(nother) new coat to show off those pants!

:faint:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the pants slut idea to compliment the Jacket Slut thread!!!

This should be the most colorful group of women at Big Sky this winter!

segacs

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Speaking from experience, short legs don't necessarily mean that someone can wear kids' sizes. Maybe if they're not only short, but very tiny-wasited with no hips or curves. But I'm definitely a ladies' size (M or L) despite being only 5'1" tall. I think I could maybe get half of me into a kids' size, if that.

Those are cute, though.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So which one should I post in???

Here is the reason I wanted that FlyLow shell:

MELYL.jpg

Non-black pants in a Tall! woo-hoo

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Last year I quested for new ski pants because I was wearing Obermeyer kids pants in an 18 (I think) that were way too high waisted... So, maybe I could get away with it in a large or extra large which would then likely be too long...

I do like the ones Pinto posted - not as well as the first pair of Scott's which are so bright!! (The white background is so much brighter than the black to my way of thinking)... but every time I scroll down and see the black ones, I like them better, LOL... and in their favor, I did buy the womens TNF Freedom pant last year - so maybe the kids' style would be similarly workable...

I kind of think trying them on is the only way that works for me. I just don't fit into clothes easily and never have - so I'd have to really really have a burning desire before I'm willing to spend the $$ on shipping in both directions just to try something on!

But I'm really trying hard to resist killing an hour or so looking for a coat that would match the pants Pinto posted!

Pinto, are you planning on starting a skiers' personal shopping business? You truly do have a knack for finding such cute stuff at decent prices!:wink:

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Clearly we need to combine the threads! I just went back - lots of cute patterned pants posted last Winter - and oddly enough another Scott pant in bright colors -

I think we forget the Pants Slut thread exists because we don't post often enough to keep it on the first page of the gear section!:nono:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just looking at the Scott pants--dumb question here--one of the styles is called "Enumclaw" ??? what does that word even mean? Is that some geographical place?

and I love that some of the Scott pants (women's) have suspenders. Please, please, to all men's pants manufacturers, please put suspenders on men's pants!!!

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
LOL

Enumclaw is the name of a rural town (logging I believe) in Washington State. Apparently Omak is as well (another pant on Scott's website). I grew up in Washington but even so, Omak stumped me.

But on their website - it says Emunclaw! So I kind of wondered and realized they were Enumclaw last year - so this year's website has a typo! :laugh:

Hope this helps...

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Addendum - no doubt it is the name of what was once a local PNW Native American tribe. Tons of Native American names in that area (especially rivers and forests) - but I have no idea how you would translate it! Google could help you...:wink:

Mom of Redheads

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Procrastinating -

Enumclaw i/ˈiːnəmklɔː/ (US dict: ē′·nəm·klŏ) is a city in King County, Washington, United States. The population was 10,669 at the 2010 census.[3]
The Enumclaw Plateau, on which the city resides, was formed by a volcanic mudflow (lahar) from Mount Rainier approximately 5,700 years ago [1].
The name Enumclaw is derived from a Salish Native American term that translates as "place of evil spirits", apparently referring to Enumclaw Mountain, located about 6 miles (9.7 km) to the north, and referring either to some evil incident that occurred there or to the frequent powerful windstorms that affect the region.[4][5] The City of Enumclaw says the name means "thundering noise".[6]

I'll stop now...

Soujan

Angel Diva
Maybe it's just me but I'm frustrated that ski pants are low rise. If I fall (and I've had some pretty spectacular falls) I get snow down my butt and then I have to get up and not only brush myself off but dig the snow out of my pants! Something to bruise the ego a little more. And then my backside is cold until it dries off. :doh:

I do want new pants though to go with my new jacket! I have a brown jacket and I think I need some brighter pants to make myself stand out from the crowd more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga