• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

Jilly

Staff member
Well, I just joined the ranks here too! I really needed to buy new pants as mine were fine 35lb ago. On sale, 1/2 price Avalanche brand. They are kinda of charcoal, not really black. But they fit!! As most of Diva's in Sugarloaf told me to find new pants, I finally did. No pics as they are bording black!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
As most of Diva's in Sugarloaf told me to find new pants, I finally did.
Ha! You were rockin' the gangsta look there, Jilly. I don't think you even needed the zipper to get them on/off? Way to go! :thumbsup::clap:

Jilly

Staff member
Yup, I didn't need to undo the zip, just the belt! I coulda look like a snowboarder dude with my pants at my hips easily!

B

B.E.G.

I got new pant! Mountain Hardware Astrila in turquoise, on sale at Backcountry. I've been wanting turquoise pants for a while (I love blue) and I got to try them out today. They are spiffy :smile: AND warm. My old pants aren't insulated and these are - I was grateful for that today with our single digit temps! Now I want lavender pants, seafoam green pants, and hot pink ones too. Uh-oh - methinks a pant slut is born :P

zoomchick

Certified Ski Diva
I've wanted turquoise/teal pants too. And....just got them.
Marker Carina Gore-tex in teal $180 from Sierra Trading Post.
I was tempted to buy the girls Spyder Banff pants in seafoam but changed my mind.
So I add the Markers to my:
-Marmot overalls (black)
-North Face ski pants (red)
-Burton board pants (Chamois)
-686 board pants (black)
-Patagonia bibs (blue check)

Wow it's much worse than I thought:redface:

B

B.E.G.

Zoomchick - I was tempted by those Spyder Banff pants too. What's worse - I just got a 30% off coupon from Sierra Trading Post and it expires on Thursday and I want to use it!

B

B.E.G.

The new pants! (me on left)

IMG_0792.jpg

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hubby just bought me these.
$(KGrHqV,!jcE1J,Uht,3BNYceVbMB!~~_12.JPG

I have no idea how they're going to look with my green or turquoise jackets, but they'll be HOT with my black or red softshells.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Your husband ROCKS! Mine would never do something like that. Well, might be partly because I always beat him to the punch ;)

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I ordered the Descente DNA pants in a black plaid in a size 6, which normally EASILY fits me, and they were too small. I mean WAY too small :( So I am returning them for an 8. I love that STP is not charging me shipping on the new pair and I can return the first pair without a shipping charge. I'd love to buy something flashier and with more color (like the brown plaid version of these pants--so cute!) but I am just not a good enough skier and think I'd just look like a big dork out there in some crazy pants!

erez

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
^^ Ordered same brand pants from STP (prior page, photo), wish I could have told you in advance that DNA does run small. Hope the others work out for you. Very happy with mine and wish I could have found suitable jacket in same brand: the DNA I have are absolutely bulletproof, and the best-featured jackets I have ever owned.

Also, become a regular enough customer, and they jack up that discount offer considerably - very often 50% off offers via e-mail link.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^ Ordered same brand pants from STP (prior page, photo), wish I could have told you in advance that DNA does run small. Hope the others work out for you. Very happy with mine and wish I could have found suitable jacket in same brand: the DNA I have are absolutely bulletproof, and the best-featured jackets I have ever owned.

Also, become a regular enough customer, and they jack up that discount offer considerably - very often 50% off offers via e-mail link.

They actually fit perfectly, without any base layer top or bottom, which of course won't work. I'm glad to hear they're great quality! They appeared so when I looked them over.

And wow--50% for regular customers! Good to know. I just ordered the Mister a Marker GoreTex jacket from them, too. I've ordered a lot from them but I've returned a few items, also. Hope that doesn't score as a negative ;)

I ordered myself a Marker GoreTex from them in December and love love love LOVE it!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sigh. I finally caved and am joining the ranks. I picked these up from the Clymb today:

detail.jpg

ShannonD had a hand in persuading me that yes, they would go with my jackets... :p

Anna

Angel Diva
*shakes fist*

"CURSE YOU SKI DIVA PANTS SLUTS!!!"

STOP IT!

Esp those swirly North Face ones on the Hickory Floor boards with the lime green jacket and then those YUMMY Lime Green pants as well!!!!

NO No No!

(but secretly - YES!!!!!)

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I love these pants! Saw the women at the Volkl booth wearing them at the on snow industry demo days, and I'd love a pair. They're volkl and I've been searching on line, but no luck.

Anyone seen them? Where?

mountain-wmn-pants-nanga-08_cee949dade.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna