• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

mollmeister

Angel Diva
And here is a better picture of how (surprisingly) well they go with my rainbow of jackets. They work pretty well with the brown Nau jacket, too, but it's not in the picture.

IMG_0159-1.jpg

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Really nice! You're going to look great out there!

What brand are those, anyway?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I want those pants!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Do you like that last one? He said, "Mommy, you are being kind of boring. Can you stand in, I don't know, an interesting way?"

I suppose I could have stood in other, more interesting postures, too, but in ski pants? For the intertubes? No. He totally rolled his eyes when I did this, cheeky little monkey. LOL. :D
A budding astrophysicist with an eye for photography. Hope you've started saving for that education. :p

mollmeister

Angel Diva
A budding astrophysicist with an eye for photography. Hope you've started saving for that education. :p

Hilariously, my sister actually knows a physicist who takes large format nature photos!
:p

And yes, the cost of his future education terrifies me. He is a sponge for knowledge, and I foresee a whole bunch of degrees!

And yes, the pants are North Face!

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Love the pants also, but I want that floor!

I love hardwood floors!

Thank you! We like them a lot. They are hickory, which as far as hardwood goes is very durable. However, you add a sometimes careless husband, two crazy little boys and a 60lb dog into the mix and. . . well. . . nothing's that durable. We have been in the house almost four years, and there are already some spots on the floor that I can see needing refinishing at some point.
:(

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
In my next life (after I lose 20 lbs.! :fear:) I want to be a pants slut. I've just realized I'm not only a jacket slut, but also a sweater slut. I've just put 3 sweaters in my bag to donate to Disabled Sports at Mammoth to reduce my inventory.

Maybe a new thread??? (I'm a Sweater slut!!!) :eek:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I just gave in and bought another pair of pants. I went to Patagonia to get a down sweater vest (on sale right now!) and tried on the Insulated Snowbelle Pant. I swear, Patagonia might be using my body as a model because everything of there's fits me so nicely (except the length of the pant but that's another story). They only had black and natural colors and I just can't do that. I won't do black because I swore off hiding in black pants years ago and the natural would have gotten filthy so quick. I came back to work and googled the pant and found them in red. This picture doesn't do the color or the pant justice but these are winging their way to me from Zappos of all places. With free overnight shipping. :D

1134505-p-DETAILED.jpg

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Nice, Robyn! Those will look sharp with your black jacket! I too love Patagonia pants; they fit me well and are bombproof. And, I don't go for black either...I need color.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, I just gave in and bought another pair of pants. I went to Patagonia to get a down sweater vest (on sale right now!) and tried on the Insulated Snowbelle Pant. I swear, Patagonia might be using my body as a mode because everything of there's fits me so nicely (except the length of the pant but that's another story). They only had black and natural colors and I just can't do that. I won't do black because I swore off hiding in black pants years ago and the natural would have gotten filthy so quick. I came back to work and googled the pant and found them in red. This picture doesn't do the color or the pant justice but these are winging their way to me from Zappos of all places. With free overnight shipping. :D

1134505-p-DETAILED.jpg

Nice! And I didn't even have anything to do with it. :-)

Here is the latest object of my affection:

TRE.jpg

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes you did. You always do. Because you're you. :p

I think you need the green pants. They'd actually look fun with your Arcteryx.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, my pants came. I love them. Love them! They fit well and the length isn't way too long. A bit long but not horrible like some. They are quite comfy and soft to the touch and warm. One thing I really love is that the back comes up higher so you get better coverage without going to a bib. Love the color! When I walked out to meet up on Saturday with the team I got all sorts of comments. First was "Coach Robyn! Your pants are cool!" coming from an 8-9 year old boy I coached a few years ago (and who's sister I coach now). Nothing like taking fashion advice from an 8 year old boy. :P

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Not your imagination. The lime green thing is something of a standing joke between DH & me :wink: I'd have taken the pants gladly in black/tan/beige if they'd been available, but they weren't. Coral or lime green in my size. And, for $58 (Sierra Trading Post, with an online coupon), for Descente/DNA? Well, color was pretty secondary! Pants without try-on is such a crap-shoot. This time, I scored.

B

B.E.G.

Ooh I love green pants! I can totally see myself becoming a pants slut - jackets are a bit expensive, but I'm short enough to wear kids pants and they're cheaper and come in such pretty colors ... I just bought these - can't wait for them to arrive (hopefully tomorrow!). I would also love pants in hot pink, lavendar, and seafoam.... my jacket is white, they would coordinate :smile:

Astrila.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna