• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

IKON Pass Pricing Revealed

MissySki

Angel Diva
I think that is correct from what I have read. So you pay at Costco, then go to the Ikon site and put a code in, then assign the card to a person, at which point it is no longer transferrable. And after you do that somehow you get your $200 Costo gift card.

This is what I'm finding as well, and the cash cards can be used by non-members.

MissySki

Angel Diva
One more question on the Costco deal.. do you pay taxes in store versus online? For some reason I don't ever remember paying taxes on a season pass, but not sure if I'm crazy or not haha.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One more question on the Costco deal.. do you pay taxes in store versus online? For some reason I don't ever remember paying taxes on a season pass, but not sure if I'm crazy or not haha.

I paid taxes on my Okemo Season Pass.. not sure about Costco online..

MissySki

Angel Diva
Yeah, I was just weighing pros and cos of buying from Costco vs just buying from the Ikon website. First I thought I could have a friend get me the pass at Costco because I'm not a member, but they were all out at the locations near her in Connecticut. So I can get it myself in MA by becoming a member, but then it's $60 out of the $200 net cash back. So I was then wondering if it'd be another ~$60 for taxes and if there would be taxes online at the Ikon pass website as well or not so I can see how much more that is or isn't out of my "profit" with a Costco cash card. If both charge taxes then no difference, but if Ikon online didn't but Costco did then I'm down to ~$80 net reward which is still something, but since Costco isn't convenient to me at all, it isn't quite as enticing if it goes down that much with having to drive back and forth and then again to use the cash card when it comes in etc.

Apparently I had nothing better to do last night than think of all these little stupid nuances lol

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hadn't thought about taxes. But I had considered the fact that Costco memberships are fully refundable within the year, in case I don't find much after using up my $200.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hadn't thought about taxes. But I had considered the fact that Costco memberships are fully refundable within the year, in case I don't find much after using up my $200.

Ohhh that is good to know, I wasn't aware they are refundable! There just aren't any convenient locations to me, so I don't think I'd use it afterward in general, but you never know.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmm, so the Dedham store says the Ikon is taxed, but if I look up my receipt from a Wachusett pass a couple of years back, it shows no tax added.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Hmmm, so the Dedham store says the Ikon is taxed, but if I look up my receipt from a Wachusett pass a couple of years back, it shows no tax added.

That's what I was wondering because if you go to a ticket window and buy a pass for example, I didn't think it was taxed for a day or the season etc.. but I just can't be sure of remembering correctly now!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Ohhh that is good to know, I wasn't aware they are refundable! There just aren't any convenient locations to me, so I don't think I'd use it afterward in general, but you never know.
We've been Costco members for a while. My husband buys big stuff, like car tires, when they are on sale. That pretty much covers the membership fee. Have also used Costco to get eye glasses. We don't bother with food much because it's all too much for a household with only two people most of the time. But sampling is always fun.

Have you looked around the Costco website? What takes a little getting used to is the fact that the inventory changes fairly often. For instance, can be a good deal on hand warmers but only available for a few months.

That said, I'll probably buy directly from Ikon. Although I'm going to be in the Boston area early next week . . .

marzNC

Angel Diva
And now they just added skiing in Japan to the pass!
Yep, Niseko is yet another location that was on the MCP last season. Getting a foothold on the Australian/NZ market is pretty important. A few years ago Vail Resorts bought Perisher and then Threbdo joined the MCP. Hakuba was also added to the MCP last year. Ikon needed something.

In the U.S. only Sun Valley and Snowbasin left on the MCP but not in Ikon . . . yet. Have to think that there are discussions going on with the owners. Sun Valley asked to be on the MCP. I would think they don't want to be left out. Hard to imagine the MCP will continue after 2018-19. It's serves a slightly different purpose than an Ikon pass, but still.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Whoops, I thought I had posted earlier about the no taxes, right after I got my pass in Dedham while I was still sitting in my car in the parking lot. Guess I forgot to hit the "post reply" button. Only 5 left? They have that big display with all the cards on them that you take to the register, I thought they must have a lot left. Glad you got one too!

So maybe a good idea to call the local store if anyone else is considering getting one.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Whoops, I thought I had posted earlier about the no taxes, right after I got my pass in Dedham while I was still sitting in my car in the parking lot. Guess I forgot to hit the "post reply" button. Only 5 left? They have that big display with all the cards on them that you take to the register, I thought they must have a lot left. Glad you got one too!

So maybe a good idea to call the local store if anyone else is considering getting one.

Well the no tax was a nice surprise anyway haha!

Yeah, I called last night and they had 8 adult, and today said 5 there. Perhaps more kid/teen/etc remaining but not sure. I'd definitely call because I tried several stores in Connecticut yesterday and they were out of adults. They said once they are out of stock they won't have more coming right now.

mustski

Angel Diva
Yes, I am hearing that they are running out of the Ikon passes at Costco. If anyonecan’t Find one and wNts me to look in San Diego, send me a PM. I will be there on Sunday.

LKillick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Trying to decide where to take the kiddos to ski the first week of Jan on our IKON passes. Just when I think I've decided, there's more options. Taos... Utah, CO... dunno! What a great choice to have.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
It's not over yet. Just added: In the Pacific Northwest, unlimited skiing Crystal, The Summit at Snoqualmie, and Cypress.

Oh, and Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain in Michigan have been added to.

The better question is who isn't on the IKON pass?

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
It's not over yet. Just added: In the Pacific Northwest, unlimited skiing Crystal, The Summit at Snoqualmie, and Cypress.

Oh, and Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain in Michigan have been added to.

The better question is who isn't on the IKON pass?

It'd be great if they added more in New England though!! I'd love to see something in the North Conway area.. :smile:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna