• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

IKON Pass Pricing Revealed

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I would consider a Killington or Okemo pass that included the Ikon resorts, but this won't work for me.

Powgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Very, very disappointed with the blackout days at Steamboat for the first tier...we have spent Christmas in Steamboat for years...not sure what we will do at this point...:crazy:

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmm... I don't hate it (for my purposes). I'm glad there's a cheaper base pass also. The Cali4ornia Pass had discounts for the Ski School that I don't see here but maybe that will change. It wasn't a huge discount (10%) but I utilized it.

NewEnglandSkier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Well, it's good if you plan to do extended vacations at a few of the different mountains, but as noted before---it seems thin for New England offerings though they did add partner days at Sugarbush.
I've already completed my math and it still seems cheaper for me to buy either the base pass or the regular Ikon pass and just pay out of pocket for the areas in New England that I ski and are not on it. I always ski Steamboat at least 7 days and was thinking of going to Big Sky next year anyway--either that or back to Aspen. I also do my annual Alta/Bird trip so that would be included too. The Killington days included will be good since I go there anyway. But I'll have to pay out of pocket for Sunapee, Okemo, Pico and Wachusett.

Since Steamboat day rates are so pricey, it only comes out to about $10 more for me to just get unlimited rather than get the base pass and add 2 days at Steamboat at their prices.

But no matter how I slice it--pass or no pass it still comes out more expensive for all the places that I ski than what it would have been with a Steamboat 8, MCP and Max pass add on (which is the combination I have this year).

rhymeandreason

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Looking at the list, this pass seems as though it is aimed squarely on customers that spend the most money - destination travellers, especially families. Seven days at a destination is the usual holiday length and offering lower priced child passes makes sense considering that most of them will be enrolled in ski school.

There are some winners and losers for skiers who call any of these resorts home.

Winner/Loser
Current season pass holders at Mammoth, Tremblant, Steamboat, Stratton, and Squaw. They will see lower pass prices but perhaps more crowds

Loser
Unlimited resorts that had lower season pass rates like Snowshoe and Blue. They can still opt for their own lower priced pass, but now may see more crowds and will have to pay up for access to other Ikon resorts

For skiers at prestige resorts like DV, Aspen, and Jackson Hole, this pass is a wash. Seven days isn’t enough, and you can’t add on resort privileges. Skiers at DV will not like the Ikon pass one bit. DV has long touted their limited ticket sales as a draw, but I don’t see how they can anymore.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I just received the following information about the pricing on the new IKON pass, so I thought I'd pass it on:

IKON PASS ANNOUNCES THREE NEW PARTNERS, ACCESS, PRICE & BENEFITS FOR WINTER 2018-2019

SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Sugarbush Resort Join the Ikon Pass Community
Available for Purchase March 6, 2018, Starting at $599

DENVER, CO, February 22, 2018 - The Ikon Pass, North America’s newest season pass product for winter 2018-2019 announces SkiBig3 in Alberta, Canada, Revelstoke Mountain Resort in British Columbia, Canada and Sugarbush Resort in Vermont, as its newest partners, for a total of over 63,000 skiable acres of unique terrain at 26 premier mountain destinations in North America. The Ikon Pass will go on sale Tuesday, March 6, 2018 and will be available for purchase at www.ikonpass.com.

From a week-long vacation to unlimited days, the Ikon Pass was built with the guest in mind, to provide the best experience possible. With 26 destinations, in nine states and four Canadian provinces, the Ikon Pass is the gateway to a like-minded community, enduring memories, and the most iconic destinations in North America.

The Ikon Pass is a collaboration of industry leaders - Alterra Mountain Company, Aspen Skiing Company, Boyne Resorts, POWDR, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Alta Ski Area, Snowbird, SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Sugarbush Resort. Each demonstrates integrity, character and independence that is reflected in their mountains and guests.

“We continue to curate like-minded partners for the Ikon Pass that add more bucket list destinations for skiers and riders. The addition of SkiBig3, Revelstoke Mountain Resort and Sugarbush Resort brings tremendous value to the Ikon Pass, and expands access in Canada and the East Coast,” said Erik Forsell, Chief Marketing Officer of Alterra Mountain Company. “We are thrilled to partner with these three iconic destinations and welcome them to the Ikon Pass community for winter 2018-2019.”

Just a short flight from anywhere in North America, and located in Banff and Lake Louise in Canada’s first National Park, SkiBig3 offers three mountains: Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise and Mt. Norquay. The addition of SkiBig3 adds nearly 8,000 skiable acres in the dramatic Canadian Rockies to the Ikon Pass community of destinations.

Revelstoke Mountain Resort in British Columbia, Canada offers the most vertical in North America at 5,620 feet, plus high alpine bowls and legendary glades. It’s also the only destination worldwide to offer access via lift, snowcat, helicopter, and backcountry terrain from one village base.

Beloved by locals, Sugarbush Resort in Vermont, boasts two mountains - Lincoln Peak and Mt. Ellen - and located just a few hours from major cities such as Boston and Montreal. With recent renovations to its base areas and lodging properties, Sugarbush Resort offers family adventure in an authentic Vermont mountain environment.

Ikon Pass vs Ikon Base Pass

To provide the best experience possible, two pass products will be available for purchase, the Ikon Pass and the Ikon Base Pass, with varying levels of access and benefits.

IKON PASS: Offering unlimited access to 12 destinations plus 7-days and 7-days combined at 13 destinations, with zero blackout dates, and a starting price of $899.

ACCESS:

Unlimited: Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Stratton, Snowshoe Mountain, Tremblant, and Blue Mountain

7-Days
: Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort

7-Days Combined:
- Aspen Snowmass: Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk
- AltaSnowbird
- SkiBig3: Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay
- Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon Mountain

BLACKOUT DATES: Zero

Child Pass Promotion
- Discounted Child Passes (12 and under) will be available through April 9, 2018 for $199 with the purchase of an Adult Ikon Pass

Discounts
- Military and College discounts available
- Early winter booking privileges and 10% off summer reservations at CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures

More Benefits

- 10 Friends & Family lift tickets offering 25% off of the window rate at any Ikon Pass destination (excluding CMH), with no blackout dates
- Free one-year $50-value membership to Protect Our Winters that includes POW die cut stickers, 20% off POW store merchandise, a monthly POW newsletter, and a subscription to the biweekly email newsletter, “The Line”
- Additional destination benefits and discounts are available at ikonpass.com

IKON BASE PASS: Offering unlimited access to eight destinations plus 5-days and 5-days combined at 17 destinations, with three blackout periods, and a starting price of $599.

ACCESS:
Unlimited
: Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain Resort, Eldora Mountain Resort, Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows (holiday restrictions), Big Bear Mountain Resort, June Mountain, Tremblant, Blue Mountain, Snowshoe Mountain

5-Days: (Holiday restrictions at all)
Steamboat, Mammoth Mountain, Deer Valley Resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Big Sky Resort, Stratton, Killington Resort, Revelstoke Mountain Resort, Sugarbush Resort

5-Days Combined(Holiday restrictions at all)
- Aspen Snowmass: Aspen Mountain, Snowmass, Aspen Highlands, Buttermilk
- AltaSnowbird
- SkiBig3: Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise, Mt. Norquay
- Sunday River, Sugarloaf, Loon Mountain

BLACKOUT DATES: Dec. 26 - 31, 2018; Jan. 19 - 20, 2019; and Feb. 16 - 17, 2019

Child Pass Promotion
- Discounted Child Passes (12 and under)will be available April 9, 2018 for $149 with the purchase of an Adult Base Pass

Discounts
- Military and College discounts available
- Early winter booking privileges and 10% off summer reservations at CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures

More Benefits
- 8 Friends & Family lift tickets, good for 25% off the window rate at any Ikon Pass destination (excluding CMH), with select blackout dates
- Free one-year membership to Protect Our Winters ($50-value) that includes POW die-cut stickers, 20% off POW store merchandise, a monthly POW newsletter, and a subscription to the biweekly email newsletter, “The Line”
- Additional destination benefits and discounts are available at ikonpass.com

Ikon Pass Destinations by Location
California
: Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows, Mammoth Mountain, June Mountain, Big Bear Mountain Resort
Colorado: Aspen Snowmass, Steamboat, Winter Park Resort, Copper Mountain, Eldora Mountain Resort
Maine: Sugarloaf, Sunday River
Montana: Big Sky Resort
New Hampshire: Loon Mountain
Utah: Deer Valley Resort, AltaSnowbird
Vermont: Stratton, Killington Resort, Sugarbush Resort
West Virginia: Snowshoe
Wyoming: Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
Alberta, Canada: SkiBig3
Ontario, Canada: Blue Mountain
Quebec, Canada: Tremblant
British Columbia: Revelstoke Mountain Resort, CMH Heli-Skiing & Summer Adventures

IKON PASS BY THE NUMBERS
Destinations: 26
States: 9
Canadian Provinces: 4
Total Acres: 63,709
Trails: 3,304
Lifts: 481
*Does not include CMH stats

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Erp,... sorry, all. I meant for the pricing to be at the top, but it didn't work out that way.

alison wong

Angel Diva
Unsure for me esp. I am planning a return trip to Taos next season, it is not on the Ikon list.

If you guys have FB account, check out some of the comments, most are -ve.

This one I found is quite hilarious:
"Skiing is now like my health insurance. Is this mountain/doctor in or out of network?" :rotf:

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Unsure for me esp. I am planning a return trip to Taos next season, it is not on the Ikon list.

If you guys have FB account, check out some of the comments, most are -ve.

This one I found is quite hilarious:
"Skiing is now like my health insurance. Is this mountain/doctor in or out of network?" :rotf:

Taos ticket counter said they were staying in the MCP pass :-)

Jilly

Staff member
So if I buy the Base pass, I can ski Tremblant unlimited. That $599US or $740 Cdn. They don't say anything about the taxes, which at Tremblant are 19%, but say they need to be added. $ 877. Long ways from the $ 1100 I pay now!!.

Is this the way everyone is reading the Base Pass. Unlimited is marked unlimited, except Squaw with blackout dates. The rest are 5 days at the others with the blackout dates, ie Banff Big 3.

This is really new for us in Canada. We've never had anything like this before, so I want to make sure I'm getting the product I need.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you don't need to tie it to a home mountain in Canada, "borrow" a mailing address in tax free NH:wink:

CrystalRose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm interpreting it the same way you are @Jilly. Sounds like you will be getting a way better deal!

@alison wong, the people on Facebook are mad!! Sort of surprising to me as this seems to be priced closely with the Cali4ornia pass. I can see why people in the East are upset. Besides, I won't pretend to know all of the pricing structures of past passes:confused:.

rhymeandreason

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Jilly, this sounds correct, but I would call Ikon to verify before buying a nonrefundable pass. Are there any perks with a Tremblant pass that you really enjoy? They probably will not be on Ikon.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Just a head's up, if it makes any difference: Diva East is definitely at Tremblant next year. Diva West is still undecided.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
As someone who never leaves my home mountain, I think it sounds like a screaming deal. A season pass at my "hill" is pennies under $2K!!!! A 7 day ticket would be $915 at the window, so the Ikon pass is still less with only seven days at one key resort. I am sure there were better deals for some with previous passes, but grouping some hard to come by privately owned resorts into the mix seems at fist glance like a good opportunity. Ready to be enlightened.

Tvan

Angel Diva
Wow, that’s expensive. Not sure what we will do.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna