• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

IKON Pass Pricing Revealed

Jilly

Staff member
I could add on the "perks" to my Alterra - Tremblant pass. As a pass holder for the last couple of seasons they gave you 20 hot chocolates/coffee, free access to first tracks, discounts for food and shopping, 5 discount coupons for friends and free summer access. For a fee I could add on the hot chocolates, first tracks, food discounts and 2 tune ups. The price of the perk was a bit lower than the 2 tune ups. I decided to go for it. Or the 20 large coffees were the same price. First tracks is nice if it's not -20C.

Costco probably couldn't do the deal in Canada. Too many problems with exchange.

marzNC

Angel Diva
May have been mentioned before, but I checked on Snowshoe to see what options exist for regulars. Given the location in WV, really very few "locals" for Snowshoe. Closest cities are 3-4 hours away. There is an Snowshoe-only Unlimited for $349 for adults and $259 for college and military. Get 10% off for resort food, shops, and non-holiday lodging. There are very few non-resort options for lodging near Snowshoe.

An additional incentive to get an Ikon pass instead (full or Base) is the possibility of paying another $199 for the Snowshoe Primo Pass. There are summer benefits for the Primo Pass for mountain biking or kid's activities for a day. During the ski season, Primo passholders get free parking close in, use of an Express lane for selected lifts, and First Tracks on some Saturdays (free with advanced registration, limited numbers).

Snowshoe draws from a large area. Families drive even from as far away as FL for a ski vacation during holiday periods. Atlanta, GA, Columbus, OH, Pittsburgh, PA, and Washington DC all have people who make the trek to Snowshoe instead of only flying to ski. I imagine sales of Ikon were pretty brisk this spring with the extended season since 2018-19 passes were also good in March-April 2018.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ah, that's clearer. Do you think people who had a Squaw/Alpine pass last season mostly bought a full Ikon? Or did some go with Ikon Base?

For Squaw/Alpine, the price of the full Ikon is pretty comparable to last year's Gold pass, and the Ikon Base pass close to the price of the Silver pass. Which means there is no more Bronze (weekdays w/ blackouts) pass. I think if you were on the fence on whether to go Silver or Gold, you probably went with the full Ikon pass. If you were dead set on Silver, you probably stayed with Ikon Base. And the weekday people probably are all going to ski at Sugar Bowl.

marzNC

Angel Diva

marzNC

Angel Diva
For people who fly to SLC, Ikon is probably the best choice at this point. Not only Alta, Snowbird, and Deer Valley, as of today also Solitude AND Brighton.

Solitude is unlimited for Full Ikon and unlimited with blackout dates for Ikon Base. Brighton is 7 days for Full Ikon or 5 days with blackout dates for Ikon Base. Interesting that the Ikon blurb about Brighton doesn't even bother to mention night skiing. That's one reason locals like having a Brighton season pass over one for Solitude, especially families with kids and teens, or college students.

Screen Shot 2018-08-27 at 12.14.05 PM.png

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
And now another new addition: Taos! Pass holders get seven days of skiing at Taos, while Ikon Bass Pass holders get five, with 10 blackout dates (Dec. 26-31, 2018; Jan. 19-20, 2019; Feb. 16-17, 2019).

Jenny

Angel Diva
Anyone else notice that in the email from IKON, the subject line (yahoo mail, inbox preview line, but not when I open the actual message) says part 2 of 4? Curious to see tomorrow's email . . .

marzNC

Angel Diva
Anyone else notice that in the email from IKON, the subject line (yahoo mail, inbox preview line, but not when I open the actual message) says part 2 of 4? Curious to see tomorrow's email . . .
Alterra is certainly milking the announcements. Snowbasin and Sun Valley are the other two MCP locations that aren't included in the Ikon at the moment. That makes them good candidates.

Jilly

Staff member
Jay would be an interesting addition. They need more good stuff in the east. And isn't Jay really up for sale?

marzNC

Angel Diva
Jay would be an interesting addition. They need more good stuff in the east. And isn't Jay really up for sale?
My impression is that any sale of Jay won't happen until 2019 at the earliest.

Saw Grand Targhee on a list of possible additions to Ikon. I'd be happy if that happened.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And it just got better for New England skiers! Instead of shared days between Sunday River, Loon, and Sugarloaf, they now each get their own 5 or 7 days. I think it is time to buy a Costco membership just to get my Ikon pass.

MissySki

Angel Diva
And it just got better for New England skiers! Instead of shared days between Sunday River, Loon, and Sugarloaf, they now each get their own 5 or 7 days. I think it is time to buy a Costco membership just to get my Ikon pass.

I just saw this in an email, and it makes it waaaaaaay more tempting now!!! The 5 or 7 total was not good. What is the Costco deal??

Jilly

Staff member
I think the Costco deal is over. They had special pricing for the pass with a $200 gift card.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I called the Dedham, MA store yesterday and they said they still have them. I plan on going tomorrow and will report back afterwards. But the deal is buy a full Ikon pass for $999 and you get a code to enter online at Costco and get a $200 Costco voucher, so in effect bringing it down to $799.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I called the Dedham, MA store yesterday and they said they still have them. I plan on going tomorrow and will report back afterwards. But the deal is buy a full Ikon pass for $999 and you get a code to enter online at Costco and get a $200 Costco voucher, so in effect bringing it down to $799.

I am now heavily leaning towards getting the Ikon, so yes please report back as I don't see it online at Costco anymore! :smile:

MissySki

Angel Diva
Does anyone also know if you can have someone else with a Costco membership purchase it for you? I called and spoke to someone who said yes at Costco because they say they don't do anything except sell you a piece of paper there, but I was worried if it'd have any ramifications at all or if you just get a code to put in on the Ikon site to sign up or something. Since they aren't transferrable, I want to make REALLY sure I don't do it wrong lol.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think that is correct from what I have read. So you pay at Costco, then go to the Ikon site and put a code in, then assign the card to a person, at which point it is no longer transferrable. And after you do that somehow you get your $200 Costo gift card.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna