• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: How hard are lessons supposed to be?

DanniAB

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will say that mostly likely you are your own worst critic and the other group members were not fazed at all. We women can be especially hard on ourselves. If you decide to stay in this group, then try not to compare yourself to the others or worry about speed. It doesn’t sound like you are the slowest skier on the planet (that might be me) or anything.

this is EXACTLY what I was going to say.
furthermore, i have taken this exact same program at sunshine 3 years ago. i found it more of a social experience rather then learning experience. still learned alot though, i was in blue runners and it made me ski at black level by the end of the 4 days.
Did you get the buffet lunch? the turkey was delicious, but it made us too sleepy after to ski!

Last edited:

Eupatoria

Diva in Training
Thanks @marzNC - it's always helpful hearing about your experience :smile: The other students never said anything to me about holding them up, but there was a general mood that people wanted to be skiing more. When we were doing some ski-offs, they were complaining about waiting around. When were were doing slower exercises, a few were unhappy. And when we did one drill with the blue group on turns on a blue run, several of them were really unhappy about the 'slow skiers'. So, they never said anything to me, but listening to how annoyed they were at being made to go slowly in general didn't make me feel so great.

Sounds like this is a problem with a ski instructor and a ski school and not with you. I am not a ski instructor, but it seems to me they should not allow that kind of toxic attitude in a group. This is the same as managing a team at workplace, it’s not acceptable for team members to complain that others are not as good. If they have such specific needs, they should go ahead and and pay for a private lesson.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna