• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Hidden talents of the Ski Divas

Moonrocket

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I make kids Halloween costumes that people seem pretty impressed by. I don't know how to use a sewing machine and don't use patterns so they are all one of a kind (I do hold up fabric to child to size it.)

karrie lou

Certified Ski Diva
I am awesome at picking things up with my toes. I'm pretty good at writing with my toes too. It's a family trait handed down from my mother. (My twin daughters have freaky toe control too!) lol

My hubby hates it because I pinch him on the butt with my toes.

I can also still do the splits - 25 years after stopping gymnastics. That's always a good party trick.

I am awesome at picking things up with my toes. I'm pretty good at writing with my toes too. It's a family trait handed down from my mother. (My twin daughters have freaky toe control too!) lol

My hubby hates it because I pinch him on the butt with my toes.

I am good with my toes also. If I drop the toothpaste in the shower or my razor, toes to the rescue. It freaks DH out a little bit. My toes are lanky and kind of broken looking, etc. My brother in law calls me hammer toes. I think I will try pinching DH's butt with my toes now, thanks for the idea :smile:

karrie lou

Certified Ski Diva
I imagine pinching your husband on the butt with your toes could be a good party trick too.
It makes me laugh and if there are other people around the look of indignation on his face when I do it causes a lot of laughter too!

I am good with my toes also. If I drop the toothpaste in the shower or my razor, toes to the rescue. It freaks DH out a little bit. My toes are lanky and kind of broken looking, etc. My brother in law calls me hammer toes. I think I will try pinching DH's butt with my toes now, thanks for the idea :smile:
Yay! We are freaky toe twins! Def try the butt pinch, it's the ultimate stealth pinch!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Moderately (but not 100%) ambidextrous, with a confounding degree of cross-dominance (right brain/left eye/right hand/left arm/right hip/left leg > etc). "Scrambled brain?" :wink:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
My brain hurts trying to think about this!
Some years ago, I was told (by a neurologist) how unusual this is. I've been like this my whole life, so it's more or less business as usual for me. There really are some clear advantages, especially in the arm-hand department. Might explain why I can paint an interior room so fast>ha.

Jenny

Angel Diva
When I was in jr. high I spent some time training myself to write my first name forwards with my right hand and backwards with my left hand, simultaneously. Helps that both hands are making the loops at the same time. Don't know that I could have done it with a different name (maybe Jerry would have worked, too!).

One of my friends can write left to write with both hands at the same time. I have seen her do it on a chalkboard and a piece of paper. Talented I say.

alicie

Angel Diva
When I was in jr. high I spent some time training myself to write my first name forwards with my right hand and backwards with my left hand, simultaneously. Helps that both hands are making the loops at the same time. Don't know that I could have done it with a different name (maybe Jerry would have worked, too!).

Just tried this and it's quite easily actually, the different words is not actually that much harder even if they're completely different letters, both backwards and forwards. Probably helps that my handwriting is pretty much the same in my right and left hand. I can also write upside down with my right hand faster than writing the right way up, it's actually neater too. I'm a strange strange person I think.

altagirl

Staff member
Moderately (but not 100%) ambidextrous, with a confounding degree of cross-dominance (right brain/left eye/right hand/left arm/right hip/left leg > etc). "Scrambled brain?" :wink:

Same here. I'm left handed, but right armed, left leg...

But mostly ambidextrous. My handwriting isn't as neat or fast, but it's legible. And I can't think of anything I can't do at all with either hand or foot.

I had a lot of problems actually playing softball as a kid because I couldn't decide which arm to go with. Coaches would say that I was left handed, so do that, but my right arm is actually somewhat more coordinated. Lack of consistency isn't great either.

I am left handed also but do a lot with my right hand as well.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
When I was in jr. high I spent some time training myself to write my first name forwards with my right hand and backwards with my left hand, simultaneously.
Ha, writing backwards, a la DaVinci : ) I actually turned in a short paper in high school written in mirror image (just hold it up to a light!), as I presumed the teacher would have a good sense of humor about it. He did not.
:laughter:Lesson learned?

Knew people in college who could extemporaneously speak words backwards, without any hesitation. Wow. I used to be able to do it, but I must pause. Those people had their own secret language > ha.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga