• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Got my COVID vaccine

MissySki

Angel Diva
MA announced today that they will be rescinding the mask mandate, but not until May 29th. Masks will still be required by all on public transportation, in K-12 schools, daycares, healthcare settings, in congregate care settings etc. Looks like the rest of the planned reopening for capacity limits etc. will mostly remain as they've been with the goal of fully removing all restrictions by August 1. All subject to change based on data going forward of course..

I always find it interesting for places to change things right ahead of a holiday weekend haha. I'm not sure even why they are waiting with every state around us doing it sooner, perhaps to just give that little bit longer for folks to get vaccinated, including the newest 12-15 group that was only very recently eligible.

Christy

Angel Diva
My neighhood wine store is still helping us at a table at the door; the pet food store still has mandatory sanitizing and masking; the Asian Family Market won't touch my (brought from home) grocery bags; and while my main grocery has a small sign at the checkout saying you can go without a mask if you are fully vaxxed, not a single person was. I think it will be a while before we ease up here.

I always find it interesting for places to change things right ahead of a holiday weekend haha.

Local destinations that have been attracting more and more out-of-staters in recent years are desperately trying to get the word out that you still need to be masked. It seems like the San Juan Islands are really bracing for it.

The CDC guidance specifically mentions that their approach does not replace any local or state regulations. The San Juan County Health Officer order requiring customers to mask up inside businesses remains in place. This applies whether you are vaccinated or not. The reasoning is simple: many island businesses rely on teenage employees who are only now able to receive their vaccine. Protecting them is vital, especially as we head into Memorial Day weekend.

As is often the case when national and state politics impact local policy, the job of making sense of it all falls squarely on the shoulders of citizens and local government. Please be patient. This period of transition will pose similar challenges to those we faced a year ago when mask orders were first implemented. Change is almost always hard. Regulations will conflict at times, as will people’s levels of comfort with various situations.

There are going to be residents, visitors, and business owners who are going to see the CDC guidance, and either out of ignorance or willfulness, disregard local requirements. While every individual and business owner can clearly make their own decisions, we don’t think it is a good idea to engage with these folks with anything more than a polite inquiry. This is not the time to pick fights, no matter the side of the discussion.

Jenny

Angel Diva
It’s going to be interesting to see how our state rules change, given this. Our "Vacc to Normal" scale doesn’t even address face masks until we've reached 70% vaccinated, but with the CDC changing their guidance there's going to be a lot of pressure on the gov to change things, I bet.

View attachment 15874
Well here's my answer: https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...ons-june-1-indoor-capacity-limits-july-1.html

All outdoor capacity restrictions lifted June 1, some other changes June 1, and the free for all starts July 1.

newboots

Angel Diva
Since the pictures aren't taken from the same distance, it's hard to tell. My hair was just to my waist. It was pretty ratty. I expect rolling over in bed to be so much easier tonight.
View attachment 15879

Your hair is stunning! I am also rocking the silvery long hair look, but I’m not sure it’s as beautiful as yours!

marzNC

Angel Diva

marzNC

Angel Diva
Had my second Moderna shot a few days ago. Had slightly more of a reaction than for the first shot but all back to normal in 48 hours. Started a headache after about 6 hours, which lasted for another 36 hours or so. By the time I woke up the second morning, I felt fine. May not have hydrated enough the second day. The headache reminded me of what can happen when I go skiing at high altitude (over 7000 ft) if I don't drink enough.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Finally got around to reading the full transcript of a podcast from May 12. While the situation is evolving pretty rapidly, it's worth checking out. A major topic is risk of transmission after vaccination both to the vaccinated person and unvaccinated people they come into close contact with.
The person who was interviewed is Colleen Kelley, MD, an associate professor of infectious diseases at Emory University School of Medicine in Atlanta. She is a principal investigator for the Moderna and Novavax phase III clinical trials at the Ponce de Leon Clinical Research Site

May 12, MEDPAGE TODAY (podcast with full written transcript)
Can We Spread COVID After Vaccination?
— What are the risks, and what the science says
https://www.medpagetoday.com/podcasts/trackthevax/92526

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I am fully vaccinated as is most of my family and friends. I am not wearing a mask outside although I keep one on me just in case.

Maine (May 24th) and Massachusetts (May 29th) are lifting their mask mandates for those that are fully vaccinated; they are encouraging those that are unvaccinated to continue masking. They are both returning to 100% occupancy indoors, and lifting the social distancing guidelines as well. Schools, child cares, transportation and hospitals still require masking, and any private business can choose to require masks.

No one will be checking vaccination cards so it is an honor system and you need to expect some people will be less than honorable. I will continue to pick and choose my activities based on where my comfort level is at the time!

MissySki

Angel Diva
I happened to go shopping at a number of stores in RI yesterday, they dropped the mask mandate last Tuesday. I’d say probably 75% were still masked versus not. I was actually pleasantly surprised that so many were. At first it was weird to see some unmasked, but I felt fine with being masked myself.

MissySki

Angel Diva
That’s interesting, everywhere I went there were definitely people without masks. Including employees. I was at Golf Galaxy in the Warwick mall to exchange some stuff and a bunch of the employees were maskless. Kohls, Home Depot, Ocean State Job Lot, Petco, and BJs all had some maskless customers but seemed like the employees I saw were masked.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I stopped in Target near Raleigh yesterday. No more signs about masks on the doors. Only a notice that the most "vulnerable" are invited to shop the first hour a couple days a week. All the employees were masked. So were most of the customers, but did see a few who weren't. NC dropped the mask mandate and capacity limits on May 14.

For a summary of re-opening plans for all states:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/us/states-reopen-map-coronavirus.html

As of May 23, only WY, NY, NJ don't have a plan. Meaning no date and no criteria. A few states are waiting until vaccination rate meet a target percentage. VT and MI will re-open completely in early July.

marzNC

Angel Diva

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Masks are now optional in Costco, but I saw plenty of people with them on.

VT’s Governor has said that all restrictions will be lifted when we hit 80% of the eligible population (12+) having received their first shot. According to the CDC, the state’s vaccination rate is in the high 70s now and — only a few thousand more folks to go.

I’m comfortable being unmasked in small restaurant settings in Chittenden County (Burlington area), with its high vaccine uptake. I would be less comfortable in, say, Caledonia County where less than two-thirds of the population is vaccinated. I’m glad to see that our community transmission rate continues to drop though!

Early on in the state’s vaccination campaign, there was definitely some grumbling about how limited and restrictive the campaign was, since the vaccines were rolled out almost entirely by age band. I think you can consider it to have been pretty darn successful at this point though, given that the state has the highest per capita rate of vaccinated people. Motivated residents have largely had their chance to make appointments and the state is now shifting to pop up, walk-in clinics in community settings, with some success vaccinating people who didn’t it consider it a priority to get vaccinated.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna